Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Old 12-05-2011, 04:03 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi All,
Mern, I agree, nice to put a face to a name, but sorry dear you look no where near 65!
Mike, hopin you feel better (rum vs run hmmm, could just be my lousy typing )
Joanna, I think you are on track adding sleep, based on some of your earlier comments
Darlene, sorry for the tough start, but you have a whole 6 days ahead.
neon, I'll add my welcome too!
cyndees, good job girl!

Diet & Fitness
1.) 80oz water (coffee, tea, propel, etc don't count)
M=Y
2.) Carbs less than 30%
M= way N (53% home made veggie pizza)
3.) Protein @ 90g M=N (55g)
4.) 1 (or less) glass of beer or wine w/dinner M=Y (on the right track now)
5.) 2 servings of fruit per day M=Y
6.) No white foods M=N (same pizza 25& WW crust)
7.) 2 yoga, 2 X-fit, 1 run M=N rest day

Work & Home:
8.) Get work accounts straightened out
M=Y good progress
9.) Finish trimming trees for rat exterminator
M=N(need to get the big ladder out)
10.) Send presents to east coast relatives,
M=weekend task
11.) Chip tree branches (trimmed more trees… more branches)
M=weekend task
12.) Wash patio windows
M=N maybe tomorrow
13.) Start cutting back bougainvillea M=weekend task
14.) Continue cleaning out the garage rafters. M=Y
15.) Offer gratitude every morning. M=N kinda crabby this morning

Meatless Monday make is pretty hard to meet the protein and carb goals, but tonight was about the best pizza ever!

Off to the spa (hot tub)

Nit'all
Old 12-05-2011, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

hi y'all! thx for the congratulations on the inches lost—when I realized I'd actually dropped a few inches, it was like an early Christmas pressie!

here's my report for today:

1) drink alkaline water except w/meals and supplements
Mon goal 1.5L; actual 1L so far

2) eat at least one meal this week that's 60-80% raw "green" veggies*
Mon YES x2!! we're off to a smashing start this week, W00T!

*I think I may need to up the ante a bit here, since I seem to be hitting this goal a little too easily. maybe I'll shoot for at least one alkalarian meal per day instead of per week.

3) stop eating after 8pm at least 2x/wk
Mon no (dang Reese's peanut butter cups LOL)

4) thalassotherapy for ~20 mins 1x/wk (Sun night)
Mon not yet

@Mern congrats for doing so well at your b'day parties! I usu type longer posts in TextEdit and then copy and paste them here, like you do, only this AM my brain obviously hadn't kicked into gear yet, blah. oh well. detox made me feel like I was coming down w/flu, so I did a lot of extra sleeping yesterday—I figure resting gave my body the chance to take the energy I'd usu need for doing things when I'm awake and reroute it to purging toxins from my system. the saltwater soaks are really just a complementary treatment to help speed up the detox; it's actually alkalizing my body (or maybe more accurately neutralizing the excess acids) that's doing the real detoxing. y'know, I've come to the conclusion that the reason there are so many different diet/nutritional/health/fitness plans out there is b/c one size just doesn't fit all—we're all different, from our body chemistry to our lifestyles and priorities, so it's actually GOOD to have so many different options to choose from. sure, it's a little tricky to find something that will work for us individually, and there are things out there that are just plain nuts (Twinkie diet, anyone?), but I say once you find something that works for you, run w/it!

@Pam I was seriously dreading measurements, but now I'm glad I bit the bullet and did it. you're so right, there's something about seeing it in black and white that makes it real.

@neon welcome! this is such a great group of people, very supportive (and chatty!).

@Mike sorry you're feeling under the weather. employee/family discount at Sonic?? oh my, what a temptation! stay strong!

@dar it's sad but true. I know if I don't make it a point to have some complete "down time" (time when I'm not physically doing anything and I can force myself to meditate instead of thinking about work, errands, etc.), it just doesn't happen. but I've found that when I plan for "down time," I seem to be more creative, have more energy, be more patient, etc. soaking in a saltwater bath is dual purpose for me (down time + detox) plus I can do it in the convenience of my own home, so it's like the trifecta of efficiency for me ;\ lol and WTG turning a major inconvenience into a good thing—taking 10 mins off your walk time is impressive, too!

geez, I need to get hub his own IonPod, he keeps drinking my water! lol it's getting late here, so I'm going to go veg in front of the telly for a bit (how I love my Red Dwarf) before I knock off for the night. y'all have a good night!
Old 12-05-2011, 05:51 PM
FitDay Member

Mern It’s great to put a face to the name, I agree with Pam you do not look your age! I love the snowman avatar it’s also my desk top background it's on e of my favorite Christmas images.

Tori Nice job on your goals today.

Joanna I find when I log my sleep my calorie deficit is about 500 to 1000 a day depending on my exercise and I am losing about 1lb a week so it seems more accurate to me.

Pam Homemade pizza yum do you make your own dough’s also?

Tanya I agree with you on the down time, I hope you enjoyed your tv time. How long do you have left on your detox?

Well my day ended better then it started thank goodness. Have a nice night everyone.

“Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is being wreathed in smiles.” Author unknown

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=7.1k
Gym 2 days: 0
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1275
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-891
Christmas prep or participation everyday: M=Appy’s made and frozen for boxing day party.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:44 PM
FitDay Member

About my avatar--thanks for your nice comments. It's the hair color that makes me look younger than 65. I still have naturally brown hair with just some kinky gray underneath straight brown at the temple so it doesn't show, and occasionally a lone strand or two of gray pops up that I pluck out. But also, the camera was nice to me that day--lighting and angle concealing my aging skin. I usually don't like my pictures.

Tori and Joanna, Darlene, you are off to a good start.

Darlene, glad to read your day ended better than it started off.

Pam, it's not the same as the lovely doughy, yeasty pizza crust, but I use a low carb tortilla for "pizza crust." Just a smear of olive oil in a skillet to crisp up the tortilla slightly, then add a little sauce (but not enough to make it too soggy), then pre-nuked or pre-skillet sauteed veggies like green peppers, onions, and mushrooms. I top it with finely shredded cheese which I melt by covering the skillet briefly or by transferring the cheese topped "pizza" to a paper-towel lined paper plate and nuking it briefly so it doesn't get soggy. In the past I used pizza crust made from cheese and eggs--incredibly delicious and very Italian tasting, but the sodium and sat fat are now too much for my diet goals. I've also seen a cauliflower pizza crust that some enjoy but have never tried it.

Tanya, I think almost all of us in this group are in agreement that there's no one size fits all diet. And I certainly do agree it's a little tricky to find something that works for us individually. So are you feeling fully recuperated from that flu-like feeling since you got that extra sleep? I may have already told you that I've read several times that someone felt like that--run down and flu-like symptoms after starting a low carb diet, but it never made me feel bad at all. High carbs sap my energy and I sleep better on low carb.

Last edited by Mern; 12-05-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:16 PM
FitDay Member

As I reported last night, I did great at the birthday parties on both Sunday and Monday. This coming Sunday is DH's family's Christmas Dinner, but luckily it's at a restaurant that has low carb offerings such as grilled fish, grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, and a salad bar, so I should be OK. Will tote my own low carb salad dressing and smuggle in a low carb chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffin for dessert so I won't be tempted to cheat.

Had plenty of calorie allowance to get in all my fiber yesterday. Not getting it in was simply an oversight--didn't notice until this morning.

Going for averages by end of week
Calories 1600 1460
Cholesterol 300mg 339mg
Saturated fat 12% of total calories 8%
Carbs less fiber 25g 24.8g
Fiber 30g 23g

Veggies 5 servings YES
Sugar Free Chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day 2
Fish oil and vitamin D YES

Exercise 5 days: day off
Water 48 oz. YES

Last edited by Mern; 12-05-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:36 PM
FitDay Member

In case anyone needs help, uploading an avatar is really easy.

Above the POST REPLY tab click USER CP
Under SETTINGS and OPTIONS click EDIT AVATAR
and then just follow the instructions
Don't forget to click SAVE CHANGES when you're done
Old 12-06-2011, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Tanya, was the Red Dwarf comment in reference to the British sci-fi show? That stuff is hilarious!

Darlene, that's great that you can have that much of a deficit when logging sleep. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm ever going to see a 1000 calorie burn again, since without a workout it would put me at 800 calories for the day, and even with, not more than 1200. Ah well, reality is what it is, no use deluding myself!

I'm hoping for some more loss soon... I feel myself getting really frustrated. I uber congratulate you guys that stay on the wagon after weeks and weeks of seeing no loss - it takes serious mental composure! I can do it.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, most of us accept the fact that going off the wagon as self-comfort (or in my case revenge against an inanimate scale. LOL) after weeks and weeks of no loss accomplishes nothing but self-sabotage. Many of us know how to talk the talk, but staying on the wagon is way easier said than done.

It's easier, too, though, for those of us who are a bit older and are in no rush to get down to a certain weight, but rather to lose weight on our journey to better health.

Hang in there, kiddo. You are right--YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Forgot to post my "something wonderful" or "complaint to blessing." I guess today's complaint to blessing is that today DH and I got into another routine spat where I get infuriated because the man seldom lets me finish a sentence when we're having a discussion and he disagrees with me--so he never fully listens to my point of view. I take that as a sign that he doesn't place any/enough value on my point of view on the subject we're discussing. Today I decided to just let it go and not let it ruin my day. Doing that made me realize that I have more blessings to count than complaints to list. Well, that may be putting on rose colored glasses a bit because I know he'll do it again tomorrow, but I'm blessed TODAY with not brooding. How's that expression go? "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear." And I want props for calling him a sow's ear instead of a horse's a$$. LOL

Mike how are you feeling today?

Last edited by Mern; 12-06-2011 at 02:26 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Yoohoo! Anybody out there?

I skipped breakfast and opted for getting in my exercise and then eating brunch. Done exercising.

Cassie, how are you? I hope your absence just means you're busy and/or enjoying some R&R when not at work. Big hug to ya!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.