Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Old 12-07-2011, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all of the well wishes! Flood has stopped, new faucet is installed, but husband is really sick. May be making a run to the doctor tonight or in the morning. What the heck is going around?? Everyone around the country seems to have the same thing! He's been in bed all day... can't remember the last time he did that. (I can't remember him ever taking a day off of work.)

Pot of chicken soup is on the stove... maybe that will help.

Mern,

Give your granddaughter a big hug! I'm sure you'll need the kleenex! My daughter and I cried last week when she turned in her marching band uniform... it's been such a big part of our family for many, many years. The end of one era, but the beginning of another. Take lots of pictures tonight and have a great time!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:52 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hmmm, thinkin' I better check in and check out before I catch all of y'alls colds! Actually DH is also sick with much the same nasel, sinus and respiratory stuff you guys have. Get well soon everyone! Can't be sick when Santa's comin to town.

Mike I love the idea of representative avatars... just have figure out what I want to be.

Amy I remember last year you took on some crazy gingerbread house challenge (I do believe beer was involved), but 100+ little gingerbread houses (I don't care how small) is nuts. Not to mention all of the other stuff... I mean how does one start baking, marshal a swim meet and then finish up whatever sewing project you have going.

Tori, the kitty is too cute, but doesn't look all that happy in that little outfit.

Mern, congrats to your GD, that is quite an honor. Ditto Quinn's suggestion of taking lots of pix.

Quinn, even though I'm not sick, can you send a bowl of soup my way?- Chicken soup is one of the few things I don't seem to cook very well. It always tastes too watery to me.

That dog turd breath is likely a combination of coffee & cigarettes. Speaking from experience. Not me...but a family member I used to have lots of friends who smelled like that (blech!) but most of those are back in VA.

I didn't post my Tues 'cuz I have no idea what was in the lovely thai and chinese dishes we had. But I am sure I was way over on carbs and way under on protein - but life is like that sometimes. Today I suspect will be much the same, but mostly because the calories will be pretty low. Went in the field to set up some air quality samplers and didn't have much in the fidge to bring for lunch, and I have Yoga at 7 which means no dinner until 9 and by then I plan to just crash into bed.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Pam, what about your kitties walking the picket line?
Old 12-07-2011, 01:34 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Amy, you know what kills me? When I go to bring the chirrens somewhere and they pile up in the car and it smells like they bathed in nasty perfume or body spray. I try to tell them that one squirt is plenty. It reminds me of when I'd work in the grocery store and you could smell these little old ladies coming from an isle away. I tell the chirrens that having that much crap on smells as if they are trying to cover up their true funk. They may be clean but it doesn't smell like it. The only way you'd smell cologne on me would be if you were very close, like giving me a hug.

But yeah, I agree, in general a guy is more likely to stink more than a woman. Probably b/c guys are usually more physical and more likely to sweat. But everyone is different. My GF works with 2 girls that are total opposites, one will go home on break to shower if she's working a double (very clean) and another that may bathe once or twice a week, she always has on dirty clothes and her breathe smells like she's been eating dog turds all day. Then I have a friend that always looks clean and never really stinks but when I see him at the gym it's like OMG you want to spray him with Lysol or something.

April, If I thought it wouldn't be gone in the next day or two, I'd go in a heartbeat.
I TOTALLY agree on the perfume/body spray issue. Maybe you should rent "Scent of a Woman" for the chirrens, then again they might be too young to find Al Pacino sexy. We have allergies in our family, so we've never been big on heavily scented anything, perfume, soap, lotion, cleaners, air fresheners, etc. I once went to a candle party, and promptly went into a asthma attack just from the samples being lit. Ugh, it was 3 days before I could take a deep breath. I own 1 bottle of perfume, that hubs bought me, I put one spritz into the air in front of me and then walk through it.

You're also right about hygiene, it means different things to different people. I'm all about the daily shower and have raise my girls that way too. But the kids I babysit are in the tub maybe once/week at home, in MHO that's not enough. So in the summer I take them swimming and in the winter we make projects that are so messy, it's just easier to put them in the tub for a few minutes than it is to try and clean them up with a washcloth. Sneaky, but effective.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I TOTALLY agree on the perfume/body spray issue. Maybe you should rent "Scent of a Woman" for the chirrens, then again they might be too young to find Al Pacino sexy.
Scent of a Woman is my all time favorite movie and I love Al Pacino. Then again, I think Anthony Bourdain and Craig Ferguson are sexy... I know... I have issues.

On the perfume/cologne thing... my dad would always get migraines from certain perfumes, so we had a "personal space" rule growing up. If you could smell a perfume or cologne from more than 4 feet away, you had on too much. Years ago, when my son was in high school, my husband had to car pool 6 kids to jazz band twice a week. The cologne was so strong, he drove all the way to the school with his head out the window... even in winter!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Amy I remember last year you took on some crazy gingerbread house challenge (I do believe beer was involved), but 100+ little gingerbread houses (I don't care how small) is nuts. Not to mention all of the other stuff... I mean how does one start baking, marshal a swim meet and then finish up whatever sewing project you have going.
Yes there was beer involved, and some heckling, and um a drunken throw down issued to the pub chef. In my own defense, I won that throw down by a landslide, and I might not have gotten so drunk so quickly if I hadn't had the stomach flu the week before.

I really don't know how one does all that, baby steps maybe? I can tell you this, the house looks like a trash pit, but it sure smells like heaven. Yum. A couple of my friends showed up today and helped for about 30 minutes. It was a lot of fun. The swim meet is just a morning thing, positive check-in starts at 8:00am, should be over by 1:00-1:30, leaving me plenty of time to paste houses together.

How goes your extermination project? Maybe you can get a pic of a roof rat in the cross hairs for your avatar?
Old 12-07-2011, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Scent of a Woman is my all time favorite movie and I love Al Pacino. Then again, I think Anthony Bourdain and Craig Ferguson are sexy... I know... I have issues.

On the perfume/cologne thing... my dad would always get migraines from certain perfumes, so we had a "personal space" rule growing up. If you could smell a perfume or cologne from more than 4 feet away, you had on too much. Years ago, when my son was in high school, my husband had to car pool 6 kids to jazz band twice a week. The cologne was so strong, he drove all the way to the school with his head out the window... even in winter!
Well duh of course you do, both of them look just a bit like your husband LOL.

We had a similar rule in our house growing up, only it was "if it gives your little brother an asthma attack, kiss it goodbye". He's extremely sensitive, even more so than I am.

I need to check out, I just jerked myself back awake in front of the monitor.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

I know... I have issues.

Well duh of course you do
I think Anthony Bourdain and Craig Ferguson are sexy...

both of them look just a bit like your husband LOL.
Ouch, Quinn is Amy saying that you have issues b/c your with a man that looks like Anthony Bourdain and Craig Ferguson? Them's fightin' words!
Old 12-07-2011, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Tori ... Sounds like you work around some of the same men I do. Truckers, warehousemen, inventory clerks, shippers, receivers, etc etc. They all know everything about anything. And nothing about it mostly. Luckily I just ignore them or tell them that I am not interested in the sports they are discussing. ... Are you going to get paid to do that paperwork at home? If not, I'd leave it at the office. No sense dragging stress home too.
hey hey now, I am the receiver LOL!! Or as my store director calls me "his Receiving Manager/numbers girl". He hasn't a clue to what our real inventory levels are, he just sees the bottom line numbers. And yes, I will get paid to do the paperwork at home. It just seems that 9 hours isn't enough time to get it done while at work. At least it'll make Saturday a short day

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Tori, the kitty is too cute, but doesn't look all that happy in that little outfit
She was extremely not happy with me! But she's so freaking cute I can't help myself. She didn't like her fairy wings or witch's hat for Halloween either. I have become the CrazyCatLady that everyone talks about. But I do know that I'm not alone, I texted that same picture to a friend of mine and she texted me back with a picture of her cat in a shirt. So, that gives me a little bit of comfort
Old 12-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
LOL over Mike's comments to Quinn about staying afloat. I understand, Mike, sometimes people just leave themselves wide open for it.
I agree, look below...

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I have become the CrazyCatLady that everyone talks about. But I do know that I'm not alone
Y'all are making it too easy for me today. You are not alone, Cassie and Quinn are under the bridge with their kitties.

Good night all, I just drugged myself up, I hope I can quit coughing long enough to fall asleep.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.