Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many) >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 11-29-2011, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, congrats on the swimming exercise with the third graders. You're setting such a great example for them.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Main80, thanks! I hear what you're saying about time management. I'm finding it to be a real challenge these days!

Mike, whoa, your ghost stories are giving me the heebie jeebies. I swear yesterday I heard someone whisper my name and it totally gave me the chills. I'm convinced that this happened because I read about all the "activity" in your house. So, I guess I have just one question for you. Who you gonna call?

Cyndees, welcome back! Awesome job not gaining weight during the holidays. I hope I can do the same during Christmas!

Darlene, you are so sweet! Thanks for the support regarding my sugar-free challenge. It means a lot!

Mern, maybe Saint Anthony is super busy right now. I'm sure you'll hear from him soon. I just had some leftover turkey chili and veggies for lunch today and they were just as good today as they were last night.

Quinn, wow, I'm really impressed that you got all your Christmas decorations up already! I'm inspired to do the same and am going to add that to my goals this week. You're always giving me good ideas. Thanks!

April, CONGRATS on losing 3 inches from your hips! You are doing amazingly!!! I bet you are going to have a very good loss this week! I'm hoping for the same. I still have to get back to the weight I was last month and I'm crossing my fingers that I can get there by my next weigh-in.

Amy, I don't envy you having leftover desserts in the house. I'm sort of amazed that you could have pumpkin pie and brownies and still be under 2000 calories. Plus you worked out for 40 minutes and had some Greek yogurt so in fact, I'm not worried about your week. You're such an inspiration!
Old 11-29-2011, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
LOL, me too. It's probably a good thing you and I are getting to know each other on a health web site, because I can tell without this we would have been the sort of friends that are a bad influence on each other in all the best ways. Like the two friends that were on that cooking show together "The Two Fat Ladies". OMG, it was hilarious, until of course the smaller one died of a heart attack...
WHAT?! The smaller one died of a heart attack? I had no idea! How sad.

And if we're being completely honest, I can definitely do 4000-5000 calories in a day but I don't know about 4 days in a row. It just seemed like 20,000 was so much until Mike broke it down into the 4-day increments. Then it suddenly seemed feasible.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

LOL, me too. It's probably a good thing you and I are getting to know each other on a health web site, because I can tell without this we would have been the sort of friends that are a bad influence on each other in all the best ways. Like the two friends that were on that cooking show together "The Two Fat Ladies". OMG, it was hilarious, until of course the smaller one died of a heart attack...
I've never seen that show but I am sure that you & I could totally rock a kitchen cooking up everything imaginable that we shouldn't eat!

I have plans to bake Christmas cookies and I already told my hubby that I am packing part of them up to ship out to my Dad. He can use cookies more than I can I have to have cookies for the kids and the hubby though. And my hubby is always so proud of my baking that he loves to take them to work and share with all the single guys there. In a shop of about 8-10 guys only he and one other guy are married and 3-4 have serious girlfriends. So he loves to show off his wife's homemaker skills.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

monday's report:

HEALTH AND FITNESS
1. figure out what a good number of calories is for me M= still no idea
2. drink water!!! M= none unless u count the glass of ice i chewed
3. take my vitamins (multi, b complex and b12. dont know what else i need to be taking). M= no, forgot dangit....
4. no fast food M= nope.
5. limit carbs M= 30%
6. more protein M= 28%
7. journal everyday M= yup
8. find out about chia M= looked up some stuff. interesting.

LIFE STUFF
1. do not kill JeffM= hes still kickin....
2. do 1 hour of housecleaning a day M= no. got home beat at around 9
3. do not kill Jeff M= maybe today....
4. finish my started poem M= not only finished it but started another!
5. do not kill Jeff M= restraint is a hard hard thing....
6. read M= only about an hour during the kids hockey practice

MERN- yes, its Michelle any luck on the ring situation?

ANN- Congrats on the baby!! #2 you said?

PAM- im with everyone here... get a cat! much less expensive and they are much more cuddly, lovable and cute than most exterminators...hehehe

ROSE- wow.. congrats on the no sugar/flour!! 11 days is a big accomplishment! i know Id have a real hard time doing that. maybe one day

APRIL- inches are always a good thing!!! even if it doesnt show on the scale.

DARLENE- thank you for the info on calculators. ill look into it! onion petals are soooo good.... your lucky you dont know about them. they are dangerously yummy! and whats this about avocado, olives, and coconuts?!?!? dangit... i love them.... i could eat a big bowl of guacamole with no problem. i put them in my sandwiches, burgers, salads, just about everything. and coconut is one of my favorite treats... boooo!!

QUIN- well the soon to be ex isnt out of the house yet. thats why im having such a hard time with him. grrr..... anyways, let the hubby do all the outdoor decorations and you do the indoor ones. send him out to freeze. you stay warm. just make sure you make something warm to drink for when he come in.

ALMEEKER- its all about planning from what i hear. but i cant plan worth a cracker so thats why i always stop for pizza on my way home.. or taco bell, or mcdonalds...you get the picture. so plan plan plan!! its the best defense against the impulses. tell the hubby to stop being a scrooge! lol. let him bah humbug in the other room and drown it out with chrismas jingles.lol. When will they ever learn that yes, we are and will always be the smarter ones..sheesh.... oh and yes i will be using my rec room time to log on to fitday from prison. i hear they have computer labs now! yay! lol...

TERRI- good luck on the job app!!

MIKE- pickles are cucmbers, cucmbers are veggies. veggies are good. soooo pickles = goodness! sounds like your cheat days are like mine my lowest calorie day was friday this weekend and it was JUST below 4000... i hate when i binge. i do the sugar/carb death combo. i actually ate a whole box of little debbie strawberry shortcake rolls during the day on saturday! one here one there... not good. well all we can do is dust our butts off and try again right? As for your ghosts, are you uncomfortable with them or just "eh... they are there" ? I know most people who live with them all the time, just get used to them being around and it doesnt bother them. I will add one of my little ghost story to your guyses. I have always had "ghosts" and felt presences so I dont freak easy. I bought this one porcelain doll off the internet once. ebay. it was an antique. she was beautiful. anyways, when i got the notification that i had won the auction and that she was already mailed and on her way, I dreamt of her. everynight till she arrived. she would tell me how she was scared and asked every night if i would take care of her. i didnt think too much of it. thought i was just excited to get my new doll (I used to collect them). every night for almost a week i dreamt of this doll as if she was real. she would climb in my lap and ask me to sing to her, wanted me to comb her hair, things like that. the night before she arrived she was crying how she was scared and wanted out. the next day she arrived. and i swear that there was streaks on her cheeks like from tears! i took her home and sat her on my dresser. a few days later, another dream. she would tell me how i promised to take of her. why was i just letting her sit there. next day ordered her a new dress. i washed her up and shampooed her hair and combed it out. redid the curls (u have to use straws its a total pain in the a$$) and put her new ribbons. washed her dress and put her back on the dresser. when the dress came in i changed her and she seemed happy. but then i realized, my dogs wouldnt go in my room.... and when they did, they would make a huge circle away from the doll. they would go out of their way to not walk near it. they would stare at it and sometimes bark at it. I put her in the living room. guess what, i dreamt of her again. she didnt like it in the living room on the bookcase because she couldnt see outside. so back to my room on the dresser by the window. she didnt really bother me and i guess i thought it was just my imagination. but the boys would tell me they didnt like her. not any of the others, just her. ALL 3 OF MY BOYS. that was strange. but when my grandbaby was born and would come stay with me, (she was 3 weeks old when i started watching her 5 nights a week. now she lives with us. shes 1 years old and the love of my life), i started noticing that the baby would always "talk" to the doll. it kinda scared me, dont know why. maybe cuz she was so small. whatever the reason, i got rid of her. i did dream of her after and she was crying but i just let it go. come to think of it.... since ive had the baby at my house, i havent seen or felt anything... thats a good thing, but still...hmm... better not jinx myself. lol.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

dangit..... that green is the wrooooong green. it hurt my eyes to just look at it. sorry guys. lol
Old 11-29-2011, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Mern Good blessing today freedom of speech is something we take for granted all the time. I agree having a complaint everyday would not be good so just posting something we are blessed with is great I think we get so busy living life we forget how wonderful it is to live here and how lucky we are.

Joanna I hope the dmv is not busy and your car inspection goes well.

Quinn Nice job on getting all your Christmas decorations up. I still have to put up the tree but that will wait for a couple weeks and hubby still needs to do lights outside. I am glad you enjoyed your quite morning.

April Congratulations on losing 3” that’s so awesome! We do not have outback steaks houses at least in B.C I have seen an appy like that when we were in Niagra but I have never eaten one. Thanks for letting me know what they were talking about but I think I will stick to edible flowers they can’t have many calories and I have never seen them deep fried lol.

Amy Lol “I could maybe run 11 miles, but something that eats humans would have to be chasing me and drooling.” Still laughing. With your description I certainly earned my pink hard hat then, thank you for the honor. I agree with you about it being a blessing to share and learn about peoples beliefs, it ties nicely in with Mern’s appreciation for freedom of speech today.

Terri Your house time will come. Hubby and I had kids young and I balanced that will an education so debt and food costs kept us out of the house market until we were in our early 30’s. We purchased an older home that has required a lot of work that 14 years later we are still doing it’s not a beautiful big modern house that most people are drawn to but it’s our home and we love and appreciate it. I am glad you are feeling better.

Tanya Hi I love your pebbles quote.

Rose I am going to have chilli for dinner I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since your post yesterday, I have leftovers in the freezer it’s vegetarian not turkey but it should stop the craving.

Michelle Your welcome.

I have to get moving and clean up I am having the first Christmas get together of the season tonight. My ladies group makes hampers so tonight we put them together and eat and be merry. I have to make veg and fruit trays but my daughter is in the middle of making 400 sugar cookies so I am not welcome in the kitchen yet but I need to be ready because the opportunity to get counter space will be tiny.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Michelle, that is a creepy story. As long as my situation doesn't get out of control, I'll just deal with it.

Rose, I already had someone with "the gift" come check out the house and she also felt that there was a strange presence. My mom died in the house (in the living room) back in '98 but I don't believe it's her. The voice I heard definately wasn't her.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

@Mern yup, I really did miss y'all I remember this was a very positive and motivating place to hang out. I've not had time to read back through this thread and at least get caught up for the week, but I do look forward to finding out what's going on w/everyone.

@dar thx! I really should print that quote and frame it—I'd honestly forgotten about it while I was MIA, and it's just such a perfect reminder for me.

btw, if any of y'all would like to hear some of my recent voiceover work, the voice in this video is me: www.lightheadedbeds.com (click the "play" arrow on the "illuminating a child's imagination" panel)

now I gotta get back to work; I'll check in later tonight w/a daily report on my goals.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

I LOVED that show! Didn't she die of lung cancer? She was a heavy smoker. I always thought what they cooked was so good even if I never cooked anything from that show. And I loved their motorbike!

April you HAVE to watch it, only warning is watch it after you have eaten and are full! Two Fat Ladies Afternoon Tea part 1 - YouTube Lots of buttery goodness there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.