Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 11-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
9.) Get rat exterminator estimate M=Y (yikes…expensive)
It may be cheaper to get a cat.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:53 PM
FitDay Member

Oh, mondays... I am almost missing my last goal, time management and me are not such close friends.

1. Calorie average of 1300, 1259
2. Drink 3 liters of water. Yes
3. Exercise 5 times. Yes
4. Daily squats. Yes
5. Go to sleep before midnight. Will make it, got 7 minutes to turn this off

Mike, its best just to put the last days behind you, your 10th goal is funny. I almost never get up after I go to sleep, it really pisses me off to wake up and get out of bed. And pickles are veggies, but I would say one pickle counts for one veggie. Now go to sleep before the ghost haunts you.

Almeeker, LOL on the idol thing ! I am flattered! Sounds like you enjoyed the holiday and got things done. Those pounds will come off as you get back into your routine.

Joanna, one pound is not bad at all. Good going on posting goals and get on with fixing your car issues.

Quinn, great day today! I am sure you can get to a comfortable weight by the time you need to wear your LBD and you will look great on it.

Mern, its a deal 7 days of staying in track! I will be extra mindful of my water this week, its seems that by Thursday I am over that goal. Glad you have posted goals and are back on track.

Terri, congrats on having a loss and entering a new decade, although I am sorry you had those headaches over the weekend, hope those get better soon.

Cassie, hope you are feeling better now, surely after being good all this week you will be able to face the scale.

Pam, you did really well over the long weekend and now you are on for a great week, your carbs are almost at your goal.

Darlene, hope you enjoyed your sunny hike. Congrats to your DH for getting the concrete pad and yourself for the mixing, sounds like you have some good projects for that room.

Cyndees, no weight gain is great news! My best wishes for this new week.

April, looks like you managed the holiday in an excellent way and are off to a great start this week, all you water in very early.

Ann, CONGRATULATIONS! Great news! Hope you start feeling better soon and can find time to work out a little. Take care of yourself and rest enough.

Michelle, normal weekends are hard, holiday weekends are harder, but now you are in a good place as your try to figure out what works best for you. Your goal list is not small at all.... granted some of your life goals are repeated but still

Tori, moderate jogging-back-to-the-car-so-we-don't-get-caught is exercise in my book Hope you have a great week.

Rose, congrats on your 11th day! Very impressive and your goals today as well, looks like you are driving the crazy wagon.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MAIN80

Mike, its best just to put the last days behind you, your 10th goal is funny. I almost never get up after I go to sleep, it really pisses me off to wake up and get out of bed. And pickles are veggies, but I would say one pickle counts for one veggie. Now go to sleep before the ghost haunts you.
I couldn't tell you when the last time I slept through the night was. Unfortunately all the "activity" late at night happens around the living room. I have to pass though it to get to the kitchen but the only time it's eerie is on the trip back to the bedroom.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Health & Fitness
1) Lose 2 pounds
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies yes
3) Gallon of water yes
4) 3000 calories deficient -982
5) Walk 13 miles 0
6) 1 cheat meal clean
7) Gym x 3 0
8) No Bread 0
9) Net Carbs less than 65g/day 31.2g
10) No disturbing the ghost during the night (in other words, no getting up to eat after I lay down for bed. Update in the morning) yes
11) Daily:
a) Fish Oil yes
b) Vitamin yes
c) Glucosamine yes
d) Fluoride rise yes

Non Health & Fitness
12) Write 3 policies 0

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-29-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:56 PM
FitDay Member

Cyndees Welcome back.

April Great job on maintaining through thanksgiving.

Ann Congratulations!

Michelle There are some great calculators on line that will help you figure out how many calories you can eat for maintenance and to lose weight. I think your health and fitness goals are good and not killing your husband is very important.

Tori Hi your goals look great.

Mike My page is funny also its not using the sides of the screen so it looks tall and skinny, awww I want to be tall and skinny or at least skinny. I do all my logging in beta so that could be the problem I know their still seems to be issues going in and out of the forums and beta. Do not put that pickle back after you bit it, really some people. I decided your question was a good one I love pickles so here is some crazy info from the USDA. The 5 A Day guidelines advocate that Americans eat more fruits and vegetables as part of a high fiber, low-fat eating style. Examples of foods that do not count because of their high fat or sugar content (or an extremely small serving size) include:
􀁹 Ketchup
􀁹 Pickles/Olives
􀁹 Fruit Pies/Turnovers
􀁹 Onion Rings/Petals/Fries
􀁹 Hash Browns
􀁹 Jalapeño appetizers
􀁹 Jam/Jelly
􀁹 Fruit-flavored shakes or ice cream
􀁹 Avocado/guacamole
􀁹 Coconut
Really avocado, olives, coconut and pickles in the same list as onion rings, shakes and pies no wonder people are confused over what to eat and what is a petal do they mean edible flowers? I am counting my pickles and avocados because I am a rebellious Canadian
Rose Your dinner sounded fantastic. Awesome job on the no sugar/white flour. I felt so good getting flour out of my diet I still have some sugar but I use organic cane sugar when I bake or make glazes and it’s a real treat now instead of mindless calories.

Main80 Great start to the week I hope you are sleeping already.

Have a great night everyone.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.8
Gym 2 days: 0
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1369
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -836
Christmas prep everyday: M= Gift bought for friend and secret santa gift, Christmas cards finished.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Report was edited after I noticed I counted two servings of avocado instead of one. Still over in carbs, but not as bad as first reported.

Calories 1600 1295
Sat fat average 12% of total calories 10%
Cholesterol average 300mg 130mg
Carbs less fiber 25g 26.7g
Fiber 30g 34g
Fish oil and vitamin D forgot evening oil
5 servings fruits/veggies YES
Limit 2 pieces sugar free candy 0

Water 48 oz. 64+
Exercise 5 days YES

Complaint to thanks is borrowed from our community newspaper column for senior citizens: When we hear someone complain of our government, we should remember to be thankful for freedom of speech.

Last edited by Mern; 11-29-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

For Monday:

1.) Under 1400 calories/day: 1360
2.) Exercise 3 times
3.) Drink water!: not great
4.) Get my PA license
5.) Get PA car registration underway
--a.) Go to DMV
--b.) Get inspected
6.) Get oil changed/tires and battery looked at
7.) Figure out my stupid phone: Done
8.) Go to hair place to ask about stuff: Done
9.) Do Astro 502 HW by Wed.

I'm on my way to the DMV right now to get the ball rolling on my car, I promise! Amy, that was a hilarious story about getting pulled over on Halloween. I spent last New Years in Chicago, and I was a little late getting my registration done, so I hadn't gotten my stickers yet. My car was just parked on the street, minding its own business, and I come out on the 1st and I have a $50 ticket! I tried to contest it, but they had no mercy... big surprise there.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Everyone!

I feel SO much better waking up in control of my eating. When everyone was home over the long weekend, I was making huge, holiday breakfasts each day. I love them all dearly, but I'm glad they're back to work and school! Now, I can sit and enjoy my coffee and grapefruit. Lots of errands and paperwork to do today... ugh.

On a positive note, all of my Christmas decorations are up with the exception of 4 wreaths that have to go up on the entry gates of our driveways. Since the high today is 32, I think I'll leave that for another day... or for the husband.

mgonzales,
You've already taken the first and hardest step to losing weight which is just getting started. So, don't worry about having a high calorie weekend... it was a holiday! Even those of us who have been at this for a long time messed up. I'm assuming that Jeff is your soon to be ex? Here's my suggestion... instead of letting him frustrate you into eating, channel that frustration and anger into your dieting. In other words, if you want to really tick him off, what better way than to show him that the only way his absence has affected you is that you became healthy, thin and buff, right? Nothing makes an ex crazier than showing them that not only did you not fall apart when they left, but rather your quality of life actually improved. If he knows that he's getting under your skin, it will just empower him to keep being an irritant.

Tori,
What is it with football and eating anyway?? I'm the same way. If you find a cure for that, let me know!

Mike,
I'm not liking the new format either. Lots of wasted white space at the top of the page, but that's just my marketing/graphics background showing. Nice win last night! Looked like the Giants went home early! If you wake up a lot at night, Google Circadian Rhythm or Circadian Clock. That could be part of your issue. I learned a lot about it dealing with my mom. It's a problem that a lot of people have, but really effects the elderly. (No, I'm not saying that you're old!) This is why older people fall asleep in a chair at 6pm and then want to wake for the day at 3am. If your Circadian rhythm gets messed up, the times to sleep and wake are skewed. It may tell you that the time to wake is 3am versus 6am (...or whatever time you get up.) A lot of things can mess it up... diet, medications, personal habits. But it's pretty easy to reset. Try getting up 1-2 hours earlier in the morning (get your workout in, a walk, laundry, whatever). Then go to bed at your normal time and I bet you'll sleep through the night. Sometimes just a few days is all it takes to reset your brain.

I used to have trouble shutting down my brain at night when I was working 50-60 hours a week. I would lay in bed at night and my mind would race with all of the stuff that I had to do the next day. I learned to count backwards from 100 by threes. It sounds dumb, but when you concentrate on doing that, you can't think of anything else. lol

Pam,
I'm with Mike... a couple of outdoor "mousers" should do the trick!

Well, I better get started with my day... hope you all have a great one!

quinn

Last edited by quinnesec; 11-29-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes (already!),
2. walk on lunch min 1-1/2 miles M: 1-1/2miles,
3. workout 4 times from weds - sun
4. allow one day to buy dessert to eat with lunch (strawberries over angel food cake) M: didn't buy, T: not ordering,
5. No added salt M: Yes,
6. Limit one diet soda daily M: 1-1/2 cans,
7. Log in and report all 7 days M: Yes,
8. Weight and post weight M: 274.4, T: 274.6, Weekly total: +.2lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Water Christmas tree M: Yes,
2. Do paperwork daily at work M: Yes,
3. File home paperwork M: Nope,

I can proudly report today that in the last month I have lost 3 inches from my hips. My waist has stayed the same or possibly gained a 1/4". I am cool with that though as my hips losing inches means that I am losing the bigger spare tire!! It is really my problem area and the area that makes me most self conscious of the clothes that I wear. I hate to wear things that let the bottom of my belly show. This of course means that I have lost butt too! So yeah, I'm happy today! I only do my measurements about once a month (as far from TOTM as I can!) so that I do get to see improvements instead of trying to guess if the 1/4" that I see is just me having the tape held tighter.

Ann ... Congrats on Baby #2!!! Do you have an expected due date yet? BTW...on Facebook, your little girl is just adorable in those Thanksgiving pics!

Michelle ... Sometimes we all fall off the wagon over the weekend. Holidays are especially hard. And it sounds like you are dealing with someone in your life that is making things extra hard just for you. Brush off what happened over the weekend and move on. This is where the test begins ... do you say the hell with it and go back to your old ways or pick yourself up and start again? Since you are still here, I'd say start again! This isnt' all or nothing and everyone has some off times.

Tori ... Nice set of goals!

Rose ... Your dinner sounds awesome! I am also amazed that I didn't gain over the weekend. I am about half waiting for the ball to drop on me. My scale keeps settling back to the same number within .2lbs though. So now I am ready to go for another week with a good loss. This may be that week!

Joanna ... If you need any advice on getting your car all PA legal let me know. My hubby knows all sorts of stuff about that.

Mike ... Maybe your ghost is trying to tell you to keep your butt out of the kitchen since it only acts up on your way back from there.... You pulled out a nice deficit yesterday!

Darlene ... You did awesome on your goals yesterday....the petals they are referring to are probably onion petals. Think like a blooming onion from Outback Steakhouse or onion loaf from Damon's. You might have to google those. I don't know if you have them in Canada. They are to die for with their little dipping sauces! But oh so artery clogging!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Calories 1,400 weekdays, 1,600 weekends. 1,902
2. Workout 7 hours. 40 min
3. Calorie deficit 5,000. +104
4. Protein 25% or more. 12%
5. Carbs 50% or less. 56%
6. Water 100 oz or more. 75
7. Log everything. Y
8. Report weight. 158, 158

Other Stuff:

1. Write Christmas letter. N
2. Schedule gingerbread parties. N
3. Make gingerbread dough. N
4. Deal with flower pots. N
5. Housework 1 hour daily + 2 loads of laundry. YY
6. Drag Christmas boxes up. N
7. Schedule Christmas picture. N
8. Deliver load to Goodwill. N

I didn't do particularly well yesterday, we're still living on leftover desserts here. You can't really keep the calories low if you start the day with pumpkin pie, finish with a slice of apple pie and stuff down a 1/2 tray of brownies between the two. Thankfully everything but the pumpkin pie is gone now. I was wrong yesterday about the apple pie, the dutch apple was gone, 1 piece of the 2 crust apple was still in there this morning, and I ate it for breakfast! Ugh I have such bad habits. Anyway after the pie, I put in a workout, during which I drank about 20oz of water, then I had a nice little bowl of Greek yogurt and felt much better about the start of the day. And then I put a nice low-cal dinner in the crock pot for tonight. I do so much better with a little planning - it's not even funny.

Quin, I can so relate to the pie issue. It occurred to me this morning that my mother made 6 pies for 9 people, MIL made 3 pies for 9 people. If you do the math on that, my share was 8 slices or 1 full PIE over 2 days. OY!!! I've only eaten about 1/2 that much over 5 days, so maybe I'm a bit ahead of where I might have been. Thank heavens no body made blueberry, it's my all time favorite and I would have eaten a whole pie on my own and beaten off any competition.

Mern, I'm so glad that you had a wonderful relationship with your grandmother and are able to pass that on to your own grandchildren. Our girls are really close to my parents and it's a wonderful wonderful thing. I think they could be closer to DH's parents, but we live 3 hours away from them so it's more difficult to find opportunities to bond.

Terri I'm sorry that you're having cluster headaches, sounds awful. My knowledge on birth control is fairly limited, it causes me all sorts of issues as well. I do know that whenever I've changed formulas that it's taken about 6 months to adjust, sometimes longer. So I suspect that you might be right about the "withdrawal" aspect. Weight loss can also contribute to PMS symptoms, so make sure you discuss that part with your doctor as well as the dosage.

Cassie, I did score some good deals, although not any of the rock bottom, pepper spray, pushing, shoving, deals I saw on the news. Seriously every where we went people were super nice and sort of tag teaming the long lines and stuff. At Kohl's we made friends with the people in front of us and behind us, and we took turns holding the spot in line and even used each others carts when one or the other got too full. The funny part was we kept running into the same people store after store, so we were sharing deals and all, good fun that. My SIL and I love to go every year, in part just to get out and get it started as both of us have a TON of stuff to take care of in December and this gets it started with a big fat shove. We also have really similar tastes and are equally cheap. We've been calling each other and texting back and forth all week when we've found great deals. It's hilarious, and cryptic like, "bwn .5 boot OB $8! @ PP". This means she found a pair of brown 1/2 boots, off brand for $8 at Previously Pink, which is a consignment shop. Huge score because the new, name brand ones she tried on Friday were $100. You gotta love shopping shorthand.

Pam, I'm amazed that you can run for 11 miles, and think my day is exhausting. I could maybe run 11 miles, but something that eats humans would have to be chasing me and drooling. Even then I'm not sure I could run that far. Sounds like you had a really nice holiday, and I would love it if you would share your pumpkin cheesecake recipe. I have maybe 12 quarts of pumpkin in the freezer... I would offer plenty of gratitude in the morning for that... I love that goal BTW.

Darlene, it sounds like the pink hard hat fit nicely. Let me explain the role of job site superintendent. You slap your hard hat on, walk out to the job, look around, bark a few orders and head back in to your job site trailer, where you sit in your beautifully temperature controlled office and occasionally look sternly out the window. I'm glad the project is moving along, and your plans for the basement sound lovely. I'm cracking up over you gifting your non-Christian friend with Christmas presents. In college I had the opportunity to celebrate all sorts of non-Christian holidays with friends from all over the world, diversity can be a truly wonderful thing. I could use a little Ramadan fasting myself this week!

Ann CONGRATULATIONS! I sort of wondered if that was in your plans now that you've got the first born potty trained. When I was pregnant I could sleep standing up, but it got better once I was past the first trimester. I don't think you need to go full out on the exercise, but I will say that I spent most of my first pregnancy on the couch, but with the 2nd and 3rd I worked out a couple of times/week, not a ton, mostly line dancing and low impact aerobics. And I have to admit my last two pregnancies were a whole lot easier than my first. Hopefully you'll find a way to get a little exercise back in to your schedule, but I completely understand how hard it is.

Mike, I miss Hank too!!! Sure I'm ready for some football. Thank heavens the Wolverines are having a pretty good season, DH is a bear when they don't. Pickles are indeed a vegetable, but a serving is not 1/4 pickle it's more like 1/2 a large cucumber. So if you eat a cup full of pickles then yes it counts as a veg. However, I don't recommend that many pickles because they are totally off the charts sodium-wise. You don't want to give yourself cankles do you? I totally believe the 20,000 calories over 4 days of back to back cheating, I was close to that on Thanksgiving alone.

Tori welcome aboard, we're wacky and chatty but lovable for all that.

mgonzales74, so will you still log on to fitday when you're a widow in prison? Just wondering... Good luck honey, my DH is being a pain in the behind as well so I can relate. DH and I fight twice a year like clockwork, in February over taxes, and a few days after BF over Christmas. The Christmas fight happened last night and ended with me saying "fine you take care of all of it then, apparently I'm too stupid to get it right". He knew when he married me that I adore Christmas, what he did not make clear is that he's Ebeneezer Scrooge incarnate. It's one thing to not get into the holiday spirit yourself, it's another thing completely to ruin it for everyone else. If he could just remember that I'm the smart one in this relationship, we could avoid these issues!

Rose, I'm cracking up over your grandmother praying to St. Anthony of Padua, and here I thought this whole time that he was a pretend saint from my grandmother's imagination. LOL, man I miss that old lady. I think I'm going to hum for a while today in her memory.

April and cyndees, congratulations on having NO GAIN over the holiday, I myself did not fair as well, so I am jealous and proud of you all at the same time.

Main, time management is not my good friend either, however St. Mattress and I get along famously. Get some sleep woman!

Last edited by almeeker; 11-29-2011 at 03:04 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.