Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here! >

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Community

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Old 11-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

1. 1300 calories or fewer. 996, 1291, 1081, 1064
2. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 3 sports bottles of water. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Exercise 6 times. Weights, cardio tennis AM and tennis match PM, ran on treadmill, Planned day off
4a. Two runs One down
4b. Two weights One down
5. Eat clean. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Follow my pie chart guidelines. Fair, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Sleep at least 7 hours. 6.5, 7, 6.5, 7
7a. No caffeine after 3 PM. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7b. Turn off electronics 30 min before bedtime. 20 min., No, I can't wait to go to bed! Yes, Yes (unless the dryer counts!)
8. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
9. Shoulder exercises every day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
10. Get on the scale every day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
11. Post everything eaten if deviating from plan (avoiding embarrassment = powerful motivator). Nothing to report!

12. Put pansies in before the rain due Wednesday. Done
13. Finish parental fitness eval. Done!
14. Catch up spreadsheet. One practice completed!

Today, as it sometimes happens, I get stuck at the end of the day; I don't feel the need to eat anymore but I'm still way short on my fiber. I can never decide if it's better to eat more to get the grams in or skip it and save the calories. Tonight I had the fiber (low carb/high fiber tortilla with a little spray butter and cinnamon sugar, baked till crispy). Sometimes getting everything in that I need to in a limited amount of calories is like a big old logic problem! Generally I like those, but not every day!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:17 PM
FitDay Member

Reporting...

1. Keep calories between 1200-1300, weekend 1400-1500. 1405. 1294, 1271, 1281.
2. Drink 3 L of water. Yes, Yes, Yes, Not even close
3. Exercise 3 times. No, Yes, No, No
4. Walk dog 3 times. No, No, No, No
5. Go to bed before midnight. Yes. YesNo, Ha!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Good job so far, now get out and walk your dog. I got the door up last night so now she's banned from the room and the carpet needs to be cleaned. Don't forget those measurements.
Oh, didn't do the measurements... just not feeling it today.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz

Main80 ... I caved on the pizza even though I didn't drop any weight (but .2lbs)
Good call I wouldnt say you caved, I completely ignore my scale all the week I am PMSing, MSing and such... hope your evening was better at home.

Great job on your goals to all of you, really, you have been rocking it this week. I hope I can be worthy by rocking these next days... tomorrow shall be better... its 11/11/11.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:26 PM
FitDay Member

Goals
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Treadmill, W=Walk, T=Hike
Gym 2 days: M=N, T=N, W=N, T=N
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1201, T=1288, W=1138, T=1204
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -1024, T=-823, W=-826, T=-992
Clean something (not daily chores) everyday: M=Y, T=N, W=N, T=N
Keep food opinions to myself (other than here): M=Y, T=Y, W=N, T=Y
Old 11-10-2011, 11:28 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report

Healthy Goals

1. Calories 1,400 M-T-W-Th & Sun, 1,600 F&S. 1,570, 1,451, 1,382, 1,464
2. 100 oz water. Y,Y,Y,N
3. Protein 25% or higher. 21%, 26%, 21%, 23%
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -690, -1,278, -1,244, -659 (total -3,871)
5. Exercise 7 hours. 55 min, 1:15 min, 1:15 min, 0min (total 3:25)
6. Log everything, and report on this thread. Y,Y,Y,Y
7. Report my weight right here. 157.4, 157.2, 156.8, 156, 155.6
8. Limit cheating to a single meal, of normal size and duration. Ate clean, just too many baked beans. Ate clean. Ate clean, Ate clean.

Other Stuff

1. Deal with flower pots. N, N raining, N raining, N SNOWING!!!
2. Deal with squash. Y, baked 7 butternut squash. Y, baked 8 butternut squash. N,N
3. Housekeeping 1 hour/day + 1 load of laundry. YY, YY, NY, YY
4. Start Christmas list and update wish list. N,N,N,N
5. Call grans. N,N,N,Y, and it was lovely too.
6. Make orthodontist appointments, no more stalling. N,N,N,Y

Good morning, I meant to log on last night but as predicted, this mom was a dead dog by 8:00pm, fall back is a bit like jet lag. Ugh, having to get the kids off to school and then have them home all afternoon is exhausting. I can take one or the other all in stride, but both is flat out brutal. I skipped my am workout thinking I would hit the gym last night while they were at Theater Workshop, but stupidly enough I took a rather fast slide down the stairs yesterday morning. I'm fine, but for a second there I thought I might have dislocated my shoulder, but as I got up off the floor it sort of popped back in to place. I took something for pain right away but by dinner time my rib cage and shoulders were on fire. It's like I worked out, minus the calorie burn. I am going to put in some time this morning, I'm only 1/2 way to my workout goal, and I don't want to throw in the towel just yet. The movement might be good for the arms and shoulders, get those muscles warmed up a bit.

Now that I'm only allowing myself a single cheat meal for the week (instead of a day or three), my plan is to try and hold out until Saturday night. The kids are going on a sleepover with the grandparents, so hubby will probably take me out to dinner. Also since I have some extra calories to atone for, I'm trying to keep it at 1,400 today as well.

Main, thanks for the 11/11/11 reminder, I had forgotten about that. The kids are home from school today, so maybe we'll have an "observation" of the event at 11:11 this morning, say a toast with cups of apple juice or something. I have a friend that got married on 2/2/02, and when I jokingly asked her at what time she said "11:00". Really? If you wait to get married for like 3 years so you can be married on the specific date of 2/2/02, then wouldn't you get married at 2:22? Just saying. AF is at my house too, so I'm hoping that next week will see me close to the 140's again.

April, you didn't cave, into every life a little pizza must fall. Besides if you restricted yourself to avoid pizza forever, how long could you do this? Me about 3 weeks, that's it. So you didn't cave, you had a controlled mini cheat, now back up on the wagon. And that is so awesome that people are starting to notice. So have you done any shopping yet? If not then I'd say it's time.

darn, in college I majored in "fine arts", which had constant drawing requirements, with weekly/monthly/quarterly "turn-ins". The program had live figure models all the time, but the semester requirements were really rigorous and the live model studio started at 8:00am (early enough to sleep through occasionally), so many of us would come up short with the number of pieces we had to submit, or as more often the case more we had enough but wanted better ones. Anyway, a group of us got together and decided to model for each other, as hiring a figure model was prohibitively expensive. Better to take a turn sitting naked then fail out of art school eh? Every last drawing of me looked like a Rueben's painting, but darn if they didn't get good grades on those. Lumpy roundy bits are much easier to draw than ribs and ridges. Thank heavens we agreed beforehand to obscure faces, because some of those ended up on display in the gallery !!! So just go ahead and rejoice in your Rueben-esque figure, it's a fine work of art.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-10-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Today, as it sometimes happens, I get stuck at the end of the day; I don't feel the need to eat anymore but I'm still way short on my fiber. I can never decide if it's better to eat more to get the grams in or skip it and save the calories. Tonight I had the fiber (low carb/high fiber tortilla with a little spray butter and cinnamon sugar, baked till crispy). Sometimes getting everything in that I need to in a limited amount of calories is like a big old logic problem! Generally I like those, but not every day!
I have this same issue with protein, is it better to boost the number or go without the calories? For me it all depends on the workout, if I've gotten one in, I work on boosting the number, if I haven't then I go for the lower calories. So I guess that would be my fiber approach too, have things worked out? If not, dose with fiber, and if so skip it? I totally agree on the logic problem, it's the relentlessness that's hard to maintain, a regular logic problem goes away after you've solved it. It would be nice if the fitday data base could offer suggestions. There could be a box where you enter what you want to be at and ask it for a solution, like those ones that banks have for mortgages, only instead of "15-year fixed at $1,012/month" it would say "you need to eat 1/4 cup of guacamole, 2 almonds and some turkey", or some such. It could even generate a list of meals that could work and you just pick one, or better yet mix & match.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-10-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning my lovelies! Guess you just beat his brother 7-3 in tennis?!?!?! Me!! Guess who is also down 4 pounds for the week so far?!?!? You guessed it, me! Take a guess as to who is at the office on Veterans Day trying to get in that last app?!?!?! Me.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning my lovelies! Guess you just beat his brother 7-3 in tennis?!?!?! Me!! Guess who is also down 4 pounds for the week so far?!?!? You guessed it, me! Take a guess as to who is at the office on Veterans Day trying to get in that last app?!?!?! Me.
We bow to you, oh great Policy-Writing-Veggie-Pimp!

I'm trying to keep up! Down 3.4 pounds so far, did the grocery shopping for nice, healthy foods, avoided the delicious bakery smells, pomegranates are in season (woot!), and just did 2 miles on the treadmill. Had to cut it short because I have an appt. at the chiro and then a massage to see if I can get this shoulder and hip flexor to start behaving. Hope everyone is having a great Friday! Check y'all later!
Old 11-11-2011, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
We bow to you, oh great Policy-Writing-Veggie-Pimp!

I'm trying to keep up! Down 3.4 pounds so far, did the grocery shopping for nice, healthy foods, avoided the delicious bakery smells, pomegranates are in season (woot!), and just did 2 miles on the treadmill. Had to cut it short because I have an appt. at the chiro and then a massage to see if I can get this shoulder and hip flexor to start behaving. Hope everyone is having a great Friday! Check y'all later!
Awesome job on the -3.4, you may hit 4 this week!! You can't get your chiro to spend a little extra time on the troubled areas?
Old 11-11-2011, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome job on the -3.4, you may hit 4 this week!! You can't get your chiro to spend a little extra time on the troubled areas?
Around here all the chiros have massage as part of the appointment, or maybe she's got a 2fer coupon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.