Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here! >

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Old 11-11-2011, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
We bow to you, oh great Policy-Writing-Veggie-Pimp!
Do you wear a name badge at work Mike? Cause if so that should be your title.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

Haha no name badge.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness...
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
2. One diet soda daily limit M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
3. No extra salt on my plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
4. Walk on lunches unless it is actually raining (regardless of what I am wearing) M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
5. Work out 3 times, W-F W: Yes, lifted and workout 50min, Th: Yes, lifted 10min & worked out 30min, F: 55mins

Life goals...
1. Leave for work by 6:40AM M: 7:00AM, T: 6:38AM, W: 6:52AM, Th: 6:50AM, F: 6:58AM
2. Don't get frustrated by youngest son M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: NO!

Got home last night and while my hubby got a shower, I talked to the principal at my son's school. He would like to have my son attend alternative schooling until he is more prepared for mainstream schooling. I don't think I am ready to do that yet. Especially considering we are starting family therapy to figure out how to help him adjust to life better on Monday. I think if we make too many changes at once we won't know what it is that is working for him. Does that make sense? After I got off the phone hubby said let's go somewhere the kids can eat leftovers. So he took me out. All this on top of Aunt Flo arriving this morning did not make for a great start to my day. However I stayed up when hubby went to work, put on some good tunes (finally remembered to take my mp3 player home from work) and kicked my own ass for a while. I really pushed it this morning and made it last as long as I could too. I got 55 min in. It felt good. I am fighting some cramps now in my belly but they are probably not from the exercise. Got to work and my older son was texting me and being very sweet. He asked if he could go to his friends house this weekend for a night but only if it was his dad's weekend off because he didn't want me to stay home alone with his brother because he knows that he will start arguments with me if he is alone. I told him that he doesn't have to worry about that stuff and to stop or I would cry but it was too late. You should see how many 'big brothers' I have in this warehouse. I love the people I work with!

I'm sorry I don't have time for individual replies today even though I am pouring my heart out to you guys.

I hope everyone has a great day and get the weekend off to a great start!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

My "typical" day. I've been on the phone with tech since I got to the office. Computer issues again. They have my phone and computer tied up. I probably won't write that 3rd policy this week b/c my hands are tired.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:08 AM
FitDay Member

Just got back from grocery shopping and errand running. I think I'm going to take the rest of the day off. My week has been full of "To-Do" lists and I'm just plain tired.

Got on the scale today and I'm down 4.6 lbs. since Monday. Since it's impossible that it's all fat, I'm assuming that my weight was inflated Monday due to sodium or something. But, I'll take it. That puts me at 3 lbs. to goal (November 28th). But, my problem has always been weekends, and here we are again. On Friday nights, we always went to the same restaurant and I always had broiled fish. I knew the calorie count, I knew everything about it. I just found out that they are not offering it anymore, so now I'm in trouble. It was nice to go out and not have to think about what I would order. I didn't even have to order; they knew what I wanted. Oh well... I'm sure I'll figure something out.

I hate to admit this, because it's not something that I usually do, but I'm going to curl up with a big blanket and take a nap. I always feel guilty when I'm not accomplishing something... must be a "mom" thing. Staying up way too late all week watching tv and reading. Catch you guys later!
Old 11-11-2011, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Oh quinn that sucks about the broiled fish. I hate it when a good "go to" item bites the dust. Go ahead and take your nap, it's only a crime for a mom if a toddler in your care gets loose and runs away. So lock the doors and have at it. Oh wait, the toddler part is a non issue for you.

I took my kiddos out for lunch today, we had a pile of coupons for free personal pan pizzas at pizza hut. The kids get them for filling out their reading logs, and I almost never let them cash them in. I got the soup, salad and bread sticks. The kids ate most of my bread sticks, unfortunately for me the actual calories on the rest of my order was impossible to find on the Pizza Hut website.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Haha no name badge.
You should get one then. "Hello my name is: POLICY WRITTING VEGGIE PIMP MUSTANG".
Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
You should get one then. "Hello my name is: POLICY WRITTING VEGGIE PIMP MUSTANG".
I had the exact same thought, then scrolled down to see your post, lol!

Back from the chiro...my sports massage therapist is actually in the chiropractor's office and they kind of do tandem treatment. No coupon; had to pay today, but I hope it was worth it. I wish I could say I enjoyed it, but it was actually not so relaxing since I was so sore. Hopefully it will be better going forward in my trouble spots as a result, though.

Quinn, congrats on your 4.6 . Enjoy your nap; it isn't often that such an opportunity presents itself. I was thinking of you today; I "pulled a Quinn" and got so busy running around that lunch simply did not happen. I'm just now home and having some tea and a muffin, because I'm quite lightheaded at the moment, not sure if it is from the lack of lunch or the massage or both. I hope you find something else for dinner that fits your plan. Here's to a good strong weekend for all of us!

A week from tomorrow I leave for the House of Schizophrenic Food. Part of my deal is apprehension that I won't be able to resist temptation and will relapse again; part if it is not wanting to go back there any heavier than I was last summer, even if it's only a couple pounds...I have relatives just catty enough to be snarky about it (though that may be in my imagination, who knows?). It just feels like a failure to me and I know that's negative thinking and I should get over it, but old habits (and mindsets) die hard. I'm not sure I'll make it; I think all the "easy" pounds have come off, but if I'm at least in my comfort range, another pound and a half away, I will probably be okay.

Related to the House of Schizophrenic Food, I counted 14 different kinds of Oreos on the shelf at the store this morning. Wonder how many of them will be in my mom's pantry??

Mike, is the ten miles including today, or just Saturday and Sunday?

April, I hope things work out for you. I'm not sure what alternative school in PA entails, but if it's like it is down here, you might be better about being proactive in doing other things first for a number of reasons that I have seen firshand. There are many options that can be put into place in regular school. You are correct in that changing too many things at once, especially given a situation that's a bit unstable to begin with, is not advisable. Here's hoping that your family therapist is willing to work as an advocate for you all with the school system.

Well, going to do a few chores before dinner, then tennis lesson. Tournament starts tomorrow at 9, 1.5 hours away, tiny town I've never been to; praying for healthy eating options!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Y'all are too funny.

Cassie get in the 10 whenever you can if you can do all 10 Friday, more power to ya... or Fridat, Saturday & Sunday. Which ever works for you.

Quinn, congrats on the 4.6, again proving that everyone wants to be like Mike (01GT4.6).

I just wrote an umbrella policy, I'm not submitting it until Monday b/c she didn't have her cc info on her. Can I could that towards my 3? I had one of my clients call me wanting me to write the auto policy that I quoted the other day. I was out to lunch and called him when I got back but got his voicemail. Grrrr I won't count that b/c I didn't do the application yet. Lunch was kinda big but I wouldn't call it a "cheat". I had a grilled ribeye (I trimmed all the fat), had a salad, steamed veggies and a roll. I haven't logged it yet but if I'm ~-400 for the day that I won't count it as a cheat. I think being deficient alone would be good since I'm been so pimptastic on my calories but I'm going hardcore gangster style this week so I'm not taking it too easy on myself.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-11-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Grrrr back on the phone with tech support. My day has literally been shot to hell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.