Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here! >

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Old 11-10-2011, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks April. One is a right hand door, the other is left hand.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Thanks April. One is a right hand door, the other is left hand.
Oh that blows that idea....
Old 11-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

That was actually my first thought.

I just wrote another policy. I may not get my three but I sure am trying.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Exclamation *warning*warning*warning*

I just noticed that my weight goal has a little warning.
Warning
The weekly weight loss for your goal is high. Most weight loss guidelines aim for a weekly weight loss of 2-pounds or less. To acheive your goal weight by the goal date, you would need to lose 2.32 pounds per week. Seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider.

I also may not hit my weight goal for the week but I'm giving it hell. So far I'm down 3.4 pounds. I know that when I set my goals, it wasn't going to be easy but I think it's doable. I just have to want it bad enough to not let the weekend slip from under me.

I set my goal of -18.5# from 11/6/11 to 1/1/12 (just about 8 weeks). So I'm thinking that to hit it this is what I'll have to do:
Week.......Loss
8.............1/2

I know it gets harder the closer that you get to your goal weight, that's why I'm aiming so high in the beginning.

This also reminds me that I need to ramp up my walking in the beginning, I'm sure in another month it'll be colder than it is now. My goal this week is still 10 miles, but I really need to shoot for 15+.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-10-2011 at 05:15 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Amy Look at you go this week that scale just keeps dropping and as usual you’re an exercise machine. You couldn’t pay me to get up at 4:15 once or twice a year I drag my bottom up to catch the 5:45 ferry for vacations and that is torture I am usually asleep in the car before we drive on the boat the only way I see 4am is if I have not gone to bed yet.

Amy & April I haven’t added weight to my squats yet but the trainer at the gym also suggested it so I will give it a go. I also wish my thighs were like rocks but I have a ways to go before that happens. Just to put it in perspective you know those lovely European pieces of art with the buxomly small waisted full hip ladies well welcome to my world my friends laugh and say at least my weight falls in the right places but really it mean my thighs are huge, so really I am not fat I was just born in the wrong century lol.

Quinn Is it still snowing? That would make it easier for me to stay in and get my work done I hope you get yours all caught up today.

April I am sorry you and your son are struggling I hope you can find a good support system to help, my heart goes out to you.

Mike 3.4lbs is a great loss in 4days! Get out there and walk I am on the way out the door to hike the lake today so my 6.5k = just over 4m so “go mike go”!

Have a nice afternoon everyone. I am off to hike I am going to dress lighter today and see how quickly I warm up so we will see, it will either work or I will freeze my tosh off and walk faster hmm so I guess it will have advantages both ways.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Amy & April I haven’t added weight to my squats yet but the trainer at the gym also suggested it so I will give it a go. I also wish my thighs were like rocks but I have a ways to go before that happens. Just to put it in perspective you know those lovely European pieces of art with the buxomly small waisted full hip ladies well welcome to my world my friends laugh and say at least my weight falls in the right places but really it mean my thighs are huge, so really I am not fat I was just born in the wrong century lol.
I believe the term is "Reuben-esque", yes this was me too before the elliptical.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-10-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

I wish mine fell in the 'right' places. Unfortunately mine was more of a dump over the head and whereever it sticks sort of issue. I am really a lot of belly but it is coming off. 10.75" of it so far!!

I'm just back in from my lunch walk. I went 2 miles again. Not the fastest pace but 3mph doesn't seem bad. While on my walk the other day a coworker (I work in a different building than the rest of my department) said she had to look twice before saying hi to be sure it was me and my supervisor stopped her car today to tell me how awesome I look! She also couldn't believe I was walking as windy & cold as it was but I was out there. She wanted to know how I have done it. That made me feel pretty good even after the low morning I have had and the evening that I know is about to follow it.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

Had a pretty productive day today. (Anything was better than yesterday!) About 80% of my paperwork is done. Calories are low because I worked right through lunch. Taking a break from it tomorrow to do grocery shopping, errands, etc.

Long Term:

1. Lose 7 lbs. by November 28th. 2 gone, over 3 gone
2. Change my mental attitude (again) toward food. It's not a treat, boredom killer or a reward. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Get through Thanksgiving Day without a major melt-down.
4. Look great in my black dress without a "supportive assist".
5. Journal, when needed, to figure out what's going on and why I can't master this, once and for all. Yes, Didn't need to today! Didn't need to. Didn't need to.

This Week:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. 992, 1004, 1014, 864
2. One fruit or vegetable serving with each meal and one as a snack. Yes, Yes, Yes, One short- no lunch. Will do 2 tonight.
3. 80 oz. of liquid a day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Walk 3 times in the next 7 days. 0, 1, walked laps in a "Big Box" store, if that counts. No time and the weather is miserable.
6. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. No bread, cheese, butter or spreads Monday-Friday, no excuses! Yes, Yes, Depends if pie crust is a "bread", Yes
Old 11-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Had a pretty productive day today. (Anything was better than yesterday!) About 80% of my paperwork is done. Calories are low because I worked right through lunch. Taking a break from it tomorrow to do grocery shopping, errands, etc.

Long Term:

1. Lose 7 lbs. by November 28th. 2 gone, over 3 gone
2. Change my mental attitude (again) toward food. It's not a treat, boredom killer or a reward. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Get through Thanksgiving Day without a major melt-down.
4. Look great in my black dress without a "supportive assist".
5. Journal, when needed, to figure out what's going on and why I can't master this, once and for all. Yes, Didn't need to today! Didn't need to. Didn't need to.

This Week:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. 992, 1004, 1014, 864
2. One fruit or vegetable serving with each meal and one as a snack. Yes, Yes, Yes, One short- no lunch. Will do 2 tonight.
3. 80 oz. of liquid a day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Walk 3 times in the next 7 days. 0, 1, walked laps in a "Big Box" store, if that counts. No time and the weather is miserable.
6. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. No bread, cheese, butter or spreads Monday-Friday, no excuses! Yes, Yes, Depends if pie crust is a "bread", Yes
864 calories? You have a rainbow of colors.

You know the drill.... eat before you go grocery shopping, that way you won't fill your buggy with junk.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz

I'm just back in from my lunch walk. I went 2 miles again. Not the fastest pace but 3mph doesn't seem bad. While on my walk the other day a coworker (I work in a different building than the rest of my department) said she had to look twice before saying hi to be sure it was me and my supervisor stopped her car today to tell me how awesome I look! She also couldn't believe I was walking as windy & cold as it was but I was out there. She wanted to know how I have done it. That made me feel pretty good even after the low morning I have had and the evening that I know is about to follow it.
That is awesome! Sounds like you are turning heads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.