Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11 >

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Old 10-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

She must have been short on time.

Or she'd reached the height of her creativity earlier in the day.

Small wonder!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
She must have been short on time.

Or she'd reached the height of her creativity earlier in the day.

Small wonder!
Much better. See she just needed someone to give her a helping hand.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Hey what happened to the peanut gallery? I was just starting to enjoy this.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Hope: I'm not done yet, but starting is the hardest part! Thanks for the encouragement.

April: Thanks! The 1 lb. loss was so surprising - I felt like I was lucky just to maintain, but sometimes stress does weird things to our bodies.

Amy: Topless gnomes, showgirls, and flappers - man, your girls are going to be the life of the party!!

Darlene: Wine and cheese sounds heavenly - enjoy it!

Cassie: LOL, when I was writing my dissertation I had dreams about being pregnant It was a recurring dream - being heavily pregnant, in the lab, sitting in front of my computer, telling the baby that it couldn't come out yet, I wasn't ready -- and then I'd go into labor and wake up! Thanks for the wonderful advice. I do know my stuff. I just have to get it out of my head!!

Also, blue lemonade with vodka?! Wow.

Mike: Duck is better than goose for sure!! And there will be another duck today. I went minimal on the makeup and skipped my eyes, but I was working with animals. It totally counts. I'm not going to starve myself - I figured the 5,000 cal goal was probably out the window, but I might hit 4k. I actually am likely to get a 1,000 cal+ deficit today as I had a great workout. I had a ginormous lunch so I'm probably going to have a very light dinner. Woohoo!
Old 10-28-2011, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hope, 13 glasses? Are those big girl glasses or shot glasses?
I beg your pardon. They were the regulation size 8 oz glasses and in fact I may have had even more. So there. Nyah!

I will say I did break down and had fruit today. The pineapple was good but eating that orange was like a spiritual experience. I've been feeling crappy today and having that fruit made me feel so much better.

In the BIDIA dept DD wanted to go to the gym so I went with her. Tho I am in a fibro flare and was in bed all day I did what little I could, stretched, walked sloooooowly on the dreadmill as Amy calls it. I showed up.

Last edited by canary52; 10-28-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I will not disappear this weekend...I have to have the willpower to get through this party, at which there will reportedly be blue lemonade spiked with vodka.
Blue lemonade? That's a new one on me!!! That should be a interesting potty experience. Sorry if my mind goes there at this time!!! It's all the big girl glasses of water I am drinking.

Also can soemone tell me how much bread did Quinn eat?

Terri, starting is the first step and you sound like you did awesome.

Mhibdon, I hope you are OK. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Amy, I love that showgirl/flapper story. Can you make me something flattering in a um er slightly larger size?

Mike actually eating the veg gives you the added boost of fiber. Just saying. Man up and eat those veg.

Last edited by canary52; 10-28-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday & Friday Report Card

Health & Fitness goals:

1. Calories 1,400 M-W-Th-Sun, 1,600 T-F-Sat. 2,343, 3,046, 2,241, 1,256, 1,745
2. Drink 100 oz of water. 75, 50, 75, 100, 50
3. Calorie deficit of 5,000 for the week. -165, +324, +60, -1,854 (total -1,992)
4. Exercise 7 hours. 60 min, 85 min, 0 min, 75 min, 0 min (total 3:40)
5. Protein 25% or higher 16%, 14%, 10%, 21%, 15%
6. Log everything. Y,Y,Y,Y,Y
7. Report here on the motivational thread everyday. Y,Y,Y,Y,Y
8. 100 sit-ups, 100 push-ups, 100 squats, 15 sets of calf raises. 0-0-0-0, 25-25-40-0, 0-0-0-0, 0-0-0-0, 0-0-0-0 (total 25-25-40-0)

Other Stuff:

1. Housework 30 mins + 1 load of laundry. YY, YY, YY, YY, NN
2. Get coupon binder sorted out. N,N,N,N,N
3. Plan yearly 4-H calendar, and work on project for Nov. N,N,N,N,N
4. Call Grans and Clayton. N,N,N,N,N
5. Get Halloween costumes done!!! 1 petticoat finished! Worked on second petticoat, a tiny bit. Gnome skirt, apron done, hat started. Gnome vest 1/2 done, hat done. Gnome done, 1/2 way finished with flapper.
6. Deal with outside flower pots. N,N,N,N,N
7. Bake up and freeze the squash. N, I baked up maybe 10-12 of the squash. Bagged and in the freezer.

I meant to report last night but I started feeling cruddy and went to bed early in hopes of warding off the full blown asthmatic episode. Then I woke up this morning before the alarm clock in a "ding panic" sort of mode with the full-on asthma thing going on. The asthma didn't wake me up, it was the unfinished gnome costume. Skipped my morning workout, cardio is not an option when my lungs are like this, and I FINISHED THE GNOME COSTUME!!! Yeah me. OMG she is so stinking cute in it, everybody all day long just gushed over her, one woman offered to buy it - no lie.

So as DH was leaving for work this morning he asks if the kids and I are coming to the Halloween party at his office after school? Excuse me? He'd told me the party was on Halloween, which is Monday not TODAY! I have 1 of 4 costumes finished, so I have no idea if we're going to make it. It was one of those totally freaking out moments. So I was like lightening finishing the gnome, baking brownies for little DD's Halloween party and whipping up up costumes for the rest of us, all by 1:30 in time for the school party. Nutty nutty day. Anyway the school party went fine, I was the only mom in costume wearing a pair of mini mouse ears and a very funky red dress that I actually used to wear for real. Ah the 80's, when high fashion was dictated by punks and cartoons.

So after school as I'm gathering up my kiddos to head to the party at DH's office, up comes one of my daycare children. I haven't seen her all week, neither one of her parents has called me, but the school secretary has been letting me know day to day that she's getting on the bus because dad has the week off. I'm totally not expecting her, I don't have an extra costume for her and we need to leave for the next party RIGHT NOW. Really? She starts crying because she doesn't have her costume, so we whip home and grab whatever is on the top of our dress-up trunk. Ta-da she's a cowgirl, and her parents are on the top of my poop list.

Anyway we do the whole costume party and my little gnome is proclaimed costume contest winner by the marketing department, and each of the 5 kids I hauled to the event is dragging a bucket of candy heavier than their head. They were so junked up on sugar and chocolate by the time we pulled in the driveway. I was totally beat, DH had gotten home the night before at midnight, so he was even more exhausted, the perfect storm for a "Hot & Ready orgy" right? But I dug deep, hauled my butt up off the couch and made supper. Spaghetti and a salad, I had mine with spaghetti squash, the rest had pasta. So all in all a successful day. I'm a little over my calorie budget, but it's like a B+ when you easily could have failed. I'm dead dog tired and can't breathe, so I'll see you all in the morning. 'Night.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-28-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Amy, I love that showgirl/flapper story. Can you make me something flattering in a um er slightly larger size?
Sure, how do you feel about hot pink with black fringe?
Old 10-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hey what happened to the peanut gallery? I was just starting to enjoy this.
Be back shortly...
Old 10-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Default Nice try, but...

Originally Posted by canary52

Mike actually eating the veg gives you the added boost of fiber. Just saying. Man up and eat those veg.
32g of raw broccoli = .8g of fiber
32g of NM Peanut Butter = 4g of fiber (20x the amount)

So for the same weight the PB has 5 times the fiber.

How about protein?
32g of canned tuna = 8.2g of protein
32g of NM Peanut Butter = 10g of protein

How about healthy fats (Omega-3... you know, the stuff that's found in fish oil?)
32g of canned tuna = .176g of Omega-3
32g of NM Peanut Butter = 4.1g of Omega-3 (23x times the amount in fish)

I think I may make me a PB&J when I get back from the gym!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.