Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Old 10-26-2011, 10:21 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie

Last edited by Mern; 10-26-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Default another rant!

Well today has been hectic! Long story short, my daughter got her license two weeks ago but her mom got car insurance on her (in my daughter's name) back in June, in Mississippi. She got the insurance before my daughter could legally get it because come to find out my ex and her husband were driving my daughter's car instead of putting the wear and tear on their own. But, wait... it gets better. She made the initial payment then let my daughter's insurance lapse!!!! Does anyone want to guess what my reaction was to this? Well I had to leave work early, get her car and have spent the past two hours fixing her f%$# up!

Oh yeah, my ex also tried telling me how insurance works. Really? Are you effing serious?

So now I'm behind on everything, even veggies. So I'm eating dinner and drinking a V8 b/c I don't have any other choice. I'm about to head out the door in 5 minutes for pool league, and yes I'm late again this week.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Mike, I love the pic. Now, this evil twin is the one who says, "Let's go get a Blast" or "Let's bake a whole batch of cookies just for us," right??
Have you met him before???
Old 10-26-2011, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Aw, Mike, I hope you enjoy your pool league tonight so you can get your mind off your awful day for a little while. Big hug to ya!

I did well today on eating but didn't have time to log all my stuff. Got in about 48 oz. water but no exercise.

Goodnight, y'all.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday:

1.) Under 1400 calories/day: 1696/1266/1296
2.) Drink at least 64 oz. of water: Yes/Yes/Yes
3.) Exercise 3 times: 1
4.) Do Astro 542 HW by Wed: Done
5.) Study for Astro 542 exam on Friday: I sit down to study, and 5 minutes later I'm on facebook... how does this happen? but yes, getting it done
6.) Read LAE/HETDEX papers by end of week!: maybe this weekend? *she says hopefully*
7.) Don't weigh this week: So far, so good
Old 10-26-2011, 01:43 PM
FitDay Member

Did OK today except I'm still shy on protein and carb heavy. Just haven't taken the time to make the necessary adjustments. Making out my big grocery list tomorrow, so it would be a good time to make changes in the game plan.

Wednesday:

1. Calories between 1000-1200; LOG EVERYTHING! 1008, 996, 1024

2. 80-90 oz. of water a day, no excuses. Yes, Yes, Yes

3. NO BREAD Monday-Friday, which will force me to eat the things that I should be eating instead. 1 piece, none, 2 pieces 45 cal. bread

4. No butter, margarine, spreads... nothing. Yes, Yes, Yes

5. Take all vitamins and supplements; don't skip the big, nasty ones. Yes, Yes, Yes

6. MINIMUM of 3 fruits and veggies a day. Yes, Yes, Yes

7. Re-eliminate my "5 forbidden foods" entirely. I've proven that I can't handle a little bit of anything. No, 1 piece of bread, Yes, 2-45 cal. bread
Old 10-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Amy: A points system sounds interesting. I think more and more places are starting to switch to them - token economy at its finest. But yeah, seriously... PB or lettuce?! Wow, no contest there. BF I think is a bit like your DH - h e was frowning at me as I was couponing and saying "We don't really need to do that, do we?" I think perhaps he was more concerned that couponing meant that we were poor or something O_o I had to reassure him that every little bit helps, but we're not quite getting kicked out of the apartment or anything. Weird the notions that people have. I think I'd take the $30-40 job every time!!

Not sure if the dollar store nearby is a dollar general, but I will check it out. It might be. There are a LOT of dollar stores, and there's even one in the mall, I'm sure I could find one.

April: Way to go on your skinny shadow, hubba hubba! And DOUBLE WAY TO GO on your willpower! I would have caved...

Hope: Congrats on your loss, wooooohoooo!!

Darlene: Lovely to hear you're feeling better.

Mike: If we're all hens, does that make you the fox in the henhouse?? Maybe that will make you think of farmers and talking to them about eating veggies!!! (Trying to get on quinn's subliminal message, here). You AND your evil twin look great, that pic made me lol, thank you!!!

rubypeanut: Now that you've got that awesome new camera you'll be sharing those pics with us, right?

mhibidon: Glad I'm not the only masochist Sounds like your cold is catching up with you, I hope you had a good sleep tonight.

nottheactress: 16%?! That sounds crazy. I know here in FL they're by law not allowed to raise it more than 12% every year - maybe check to see if there's a similar law in your state?! Sheesh! I'd be stressing too. You're doing FANTASTICALLY, keep up the momentum!

Mary and quinn: I think wanting to get in shape for reunions is as much "petty" as it is real - who doesn't want to look good in front of people we know? It's just like cleaning house before in-laws come. You're just wanting to put your best foot forward. If you make other people jealous, that's THEIR problem and YOUR reward!

Cassie: Thanks -- work is nuts but I made it through, you're sweet to think of me. Now if I can only go a day without having a mini-existential-crisis.

Tuesday and Wednesday Report Card

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Calorie average between 1200 and 1400 for the week. No single day over 1600. M: 1,368 T: 1,287 W: 1,150 (Week Average: 1,268)
2) Achieve a calorie deficit of 5000 calories M: -501 T: -541 W: -678 (Week Total: -1,720)
3) Work out 4 times this week. M: Day off (groceries) T: Unplanned day off W: Worked reaaaalllly late
4) 80 oz. of water daily M: yes T: yes W: yes
5) Take my multivitamin daily M: yes T: forgot W: forgot again!!
6) Weigh in on Monday and Friday ONLY M: 163.5 - sodium weight, I think T: Did not weigh W: Did not weigh
7) Record amount of sleep daily M: yes T: yes W: yes
8) Average 30% protein for the week M: 35% T: 38% W: 24% (Week Average: 32%)

Other Goals

1) Be smart about groceries this week M: Did my best! T: N/A W: N/A
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Yes T: yes W: no makeup
3) Clean/tidy one room daily M: My bathroom T: nothing needed it... I looked! W: kitchen
4) Take some time out for myself every day M: no T: yes W: no
5) Refine job application materials and RESEARCH PLAN M: Some T: Some more W: No time

Man oh man. Work was so crazy today. And it's like to be crazy every day through Sunday. Tomorrow is probably going to be my one day to REALLY bang out my research plan as our lab meeting got cancelled, so I need to do it. It's in piss-poor shape, though. I totally was having an existential-type crisis today as I was consdering it, even getting cold sweats. I was having one of those moments where I was just... doubting myself as a scientist, and even as an adult. I do have ideas for my own research, but they're really spread out, and I'm having trouble getting something together that's coherent. My research statement currently reads like someone picking apples off random trees. An idea here, an idea there, but no sense of who I am as a researcher.

I've always performed well under pressure, so I'm hoping for some divine inspiration tomorrow. I'm a huge believer in trying to just "let things simmer" in the back of my mind and letting things pop out, and I'm hoping that strategy works again as it usually has in the past. I just need that one cohesive idea or plan to hit me, and I KNOW I can do the rest. I just keep thinking "Who am I? What is MY own research?" THe sorts of things that define you as a career (and often as who you are to other people). I'll get there because I have to. Maybe my problem is just puttiong myself out there - I've always had problems with stating my mind boldly and confidently. I think this all feeds from that.

Sorry, I just sort of needed to vent my worries. I hope everyone has a lovely day and evening.

~Terri
Old 10-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Terri, did you get a chance to try it out? How's it working?
Old 10-26-2011, 02:44 PM
FitDay Member

Terri, you can do it! I TOTALLY empathize with those feelings! Of course, you are much further along in the scheme of things than I am, but I know just what you're talking about. I told my sister, who is a young professor of civil engineering at UF, that I'm pretty certain I've just got everyone fooled, and that one day people will realize I've been pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. She said that if I really was managing to deceive everyone into giving me fellowships and whatnot, than I was still pretty darn smart for pulling off such a massive deception! That made me feel better. Anyway, I've heard that women in science especially struggle with self-doubt, but all the ones I've known come out alright - and so will you!
Old 10-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bojibridge
I'm pretty certain I've just got everyone fooled, and that one day people will realize I've been pulling the wool over everyone's eyes.
Same feeling here, and I've been in practice for 17 years! There's a name for that phenomenon; I just can't for the life of me think of it. Terri, you are doing great, and so are you, Joanna. So much of it is process as opposed to results, I would think; let it go naturally; after all, that's what got you where you are so far.

Thanks, Quinn, for the recipe links. I will get into those tomorrow. Cider sounds great, but it's usually still quite warm here for Halloween, so I may hit you up for it around Christmas.

Mike, I hope things turn around for you. I can see how that would set you off. Hopefully you're not munching your way through pool league. Wishing you a better day tomorrow.

Thanks, Mern . I love that my birthday and my son's are a day apart. When I turned 30, it was thankfully minimized by the fact that he was turning one. When I turn 50, he will turn 21, so hopefully again that will be a low-key b-day for me. Unless he and I do a bunch of shots together, lol .

Will get my goals up later. I tried out some more costume things tonight and it is resembling nothing so much as gothic slut at this point in time, so some work still needs to be done.

How's the gnome coming, Amy?
Old 10-26-2011, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, I've heard it called the imposter syndrome. Actually I just went to google it, and the first google suggestion after I typed "imposter" was "imposter syndrome grad school." Welcome to my life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.