Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Old 10-21-2011, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Didn't post last night because husband and I were hashing out 3 new insurance policies. Since our children are all over 18 now, our needs have changed. By the end of the evening, I wanted to stab myself in the eye with a fork to make the discussion stop! Mike, I give you credit, Buddy. I don't know how you do it. I wanted to cry.
Quinn, if you have any questions or need advice just shoot me a PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Quin, on that chlorinated water, we have that too. So we bought one of those faucet mounted water filters, it works pretty well and takes the bleach taste out completely. If this is going to go one for a while you might consider it. Meanwhile your white laundry will be absolutely brilliant.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie and almeeker,

The recipe for focaccia is definitely not low-cal, low-carb, low-fat, or low anything. I've debated whether I should post it here or not, but I will. It is something that I haven't made in 2 years since starting my weight-loss journey because I can eat the whole thing in one sitting. So, for those of you not wishing to be tempted, move quickly by. LOL The Chex Mix is low-fat, but high in sodium. Sometimes I just need salt, and this keeps me from eating far worse alternatives. I usually make up snack-size ziplocks to control my portions because it's a little addictive. During the holidays, I double it to keep me out of the cookies, etc.

Low-fat/No-Bake Chex Mix

8 c. Crispix cereal
2 1/2 c. Cheerios
2 1/2 c. low-fat cheese crackers (I use Annie's Bunnies)
3 T. oil of your choice (I use vegetable)
1-1 1/2 pkgs. Hidden Valley Ranch powdered dip mix (depending on how salty you want it)
2 tsp. dill weed
2 tsp. garlic powder

Place cereals, crackers, etc. in large plastic bag. Add veg oil and toss to evenly distribute. Add seasonings and that's it. Easy. Sometimes I use fat-free pretzels, oyster crackers, any non-sweetened cereal will do depending on your dietary restrictions. Just keep the quantities the same.

Focaccia

2 tsp. fast rising yeast
1 c. tepid water
1 T. sugar
2 T. olive oil
1/4 c. salad oil
1/2 tsp. salt
2 3/4 c. white bread flour
2 cloves garlic, crushed

1/8 c. olive oil
1/2 tsp. rosemary, thyme, Italian seasoning, whatever you wish
Kosher salt

Dissolve yeast in tepid water. Add the sugar, olive oil, salad oil, garlic and salt. Add flour gradually until dough begins to leave the sides of the bowl (about 10 minutes). Mix in remaining flour by hand or dough hook until it's smooth. Allow dough to rise twice in the bowl (double in size). Punch down after each rising.

Oil a baking sheet and form into a round disk. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, make about 10 indentations in the top of the loaf. Cover with olive oil, Kosher salt and seasonings. Cover and allow to rise for 30 minutes. Bake at 350-375 for approx. 30 minutes.

Some people top with finely sliced red onion and poppy seeds, but I never do.

Serve with a good olive oil based dipping oil... no butter or margarine allowed on this.

Last edited by quinnesec; 10-21-2011 at 02:12 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, if you have any questions or need advice just shoot me a PM.
Thanks! I'm waiting for quotes from 2 other companies... I'm sure I'll have questions. It's enough to make you pull your hair out!
Old 10-21-2011, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Quin, on that chlorinated water, we have that too. So we bought one of those faucet mounted water filters, it works pretty well and takes the bleach taste out completely. If this is going to go one for a while you might consider it. Meanwhile your white laundry will be absolutely brilliant.
It's funny that you said that. I was terrified to do a load of dark clothes, but I guess it turned out fine. It makes the powdered creamer in my coffee curdle... how scary is that??

Rose,

Safe travels! Be sure to let us know when we can view the finished product!

Ruby!

Congratulations!!! When's the big day??

Last edited by quinnesec; 10-21-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks! I'm waiting for quotes from 2 other companies... I'm sure I'll have questions. It's enough to make you pull your hair out!
Would you like tweezers? Are they sending the illustrations in a .pdf, if so you can email it to me if you'd like me to go line by line.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Would you like tweezers? Are they sending the illustrations in a .pdf, if so you can email it to me if you'd like me to go line by line.
I have nothing .pdf yet, but hopefully I will today. We had our auto and homeowner's with two different companies for various reasons. Now, combining them, the discount is only about 25% and with a higher deductible. Seems like it should be more. Maybe I'm wrong. What do you think?
Old 10-21-2011, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

April: You are completely rockin' out on your goals. Seeing that swath of green is awesome!! High-five for you! Hahaha, maybe there IS a picture of the back of my hair somewhere. She swears she's sent them all, though. Funny how I didn't think to take one. I actually made BF the cameraman for most of the night. He tends to take better pics for whatever reason.

jj: Halloween backpack is a GREAT idea. I'll have to remember that for the future. Not that I still go trick-or-treating

mhibidon: Just keep taking care! I don't have any cold-weather workout gear tips, unfortunately, but I do have a tip that if you have a cold you should probably limit your time spent IN the cold, woman!

Mike: Nah, I didn't think you were going to send me anything crazy You usually let out all your crazy here on the boards! (j/k!) I'll let you know how it works out this weekend. 110 calorie cookies?! Geez! I felt bad cause I ate an Oreo last night, but even one oreo is only 53 cals! What the heck are they putting in these school fundraiser cookies, entire wads of butter and sugar? Yikes!

Amy: I happen to think you're lovely, "big nose and logn skull" or not. And heck, I didn't even know that the dress style was called a 'Georgette' - I just thought it looked awesome! It was very flattering on her and looked romantic when she moved. Huh!! I usually log grocery shopping but I don't log cleaning unless I sweat - maybe I should! lol. My cleaning got cut short, but I will keep that in mind.

Mern: Ugh! My BF does that sentence-finishing thing with me too, it's soooooo annoying. I'll have to remember your trick!!! Sometimes they never learn. I always forget to think of something like veggies for breakfast - I tend to go for fruits and leave the veggies for later, but it seems like it would really be a nice change of pace.

Lizzie: I hope you feel better soon, and I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. My heart goes out to your whole family. I'm glad you got to see her recently to have some lovely warm times.

Darlene: True, cleaning can be great exercise - I got some done yesterday. I tend not to log it unless I work up a sweat and I didn't quite get to that point BF actually walked in on me cleaning and told me to stop - he wants to clean with me this weekend, and I couldn't really turn down that offer!!! Sorry to hear about your family's cold (and yours too!). I hope the NyQuil helped you sleep. Sometimes it's the only thing that helps me. I wouldn't worry toooooo much about logging it, it's medicine, and your body is probably wonky on metabolism anyway.

Main80: I often feel EXHAUSTED after cleaning as well. Sometimes I think it's because of my low blood pressure - putting my arms over my head for extended periods of time can make me feel dizzy.

rubypeanut: CONGRATS on your baby boy on the way!!! How wonderful!

Joanna: Bet you're glad that exam is overwith! Get some good sleep tonight!

Cassie: So did you get to the basement for your bike/treadmill?

Rose: Good to hear from you girl! Have a safe trip back (even if you don't see this!) and that's GREAT NEWS about the show you helped edit! Woohoo! See you soon!

quinn: Curdled creamer???? EW. I hope you can get a filtration system in pronto. I have one of those Brita Pitcher things and it certainly does help with the gross Florida water... good luck with your insurance - one of those things I am NOT looking forward to.

Thursday Report Card

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals

1) Average weekly calories between 1200 and 1400. No single day above 1600. T: 1,478 W:1,373 Th: 1,263 (Week Average: 1,371)
2) Exercise 3-4 times this week T: Day off W: Zumba Scuplt and Tone Th: Day off
3) Achieve a calorie deficit of at least 4,500 calories. 5,000 calories would be better. T: -351 W: -961 W: -582 (Week Total: -1,894)
4) Average daily protein percentage of 25-30% T: 25% W: 25% Th: 21% (Week Average: 23.6%)
5) Average daily carb percentage of 45-50% or less T: 37% W: 41% Th: 54% (Week Average: 44%)
6) Sleep at least 7 hours per night. Aim for 8. T: yes W: yes Th: yes
7) Hit the snooze button 2 times max T: At least 4 W: not sure; more than 2 Th: 2
8) Weigh in on Friday (and only Friday) T: Did not weigh W: Did not weigh Th: Did not weigh
9) Multivitamin Daily T: yes W: yes Th: forgot
10) 80-90 oz. of water daily T: yes W: yes Th: no

Other Goals

1) Start/maintain a job search spreadsheet for materials sent in/needed T: No W: No Th: yes!
2) Bring my "A" game every day to work T: Fail - distractions! W: for sure! Th: yes
3) Make an effort on my appearance every day T: no makeup W: no makeup Th: yes, and got LOTS of comments. Curled hair is a go.
4) Clean one room a day T: Fail W: Half of kitchen Th: Was cleaning living room when interrupted

As I put above - I was in the middle of getting to my cleaning goals when BF came home from work and told me, basically, to stop cleaning and that he wanted to do the bulk of cleaning with me this weekend. I was pleasantly surprised and did as he asked - though I am still going to keep up with my minor everyday cleaning tasks (dishes, picking up things off the floor, etc.). The floor needs a serious vacuuming as well and I'm not sure I can wait until the weekend to do it. I'm happy he wants to help, though, and I'm certainly not going to discourage the impulse!!

I weighed in this morning (Friday) and saw 161.9 on the scale. I was satisfied if not joyful - it's basically the same weight I was last Thursday before I left for the wedding, so I guess it's sort of a "no harm, no foul" week for me! Whatever I put on has come off, and I'm inching ever-so-slowly towards my next mini-goal. I was reminded this morning when entering my weight that I'm only about 12 lbs. off from entering "Healthy BMI land." Man, I remember when starting out how it seemed to be completely impossible. I started out with a BMI of nearly 36, and now my BMI is about 27. It's crazy and wonderful. Some days you need to be reminded of how far you've come when other things aren't budging too much.

Anyway, it's Friday! Happy Friday!

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 10-21-2011 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-21-2011, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

I have nothing .pdf yet, but hopefully I will today. We had our auto and homeowner's with two different companies for various reasons. Now, combining them, the discount is only about 25% and with a higher deductible. Seems like it should be more. Maybe I'm wrong. What do you think?
Quinn, every company will calculate the discount differently and it may differ between states as well. With us, in Louisiana, I find it's about a 20% discount on the home when they move the auto with us. It may not seem like much but homeowners insurance is expensive here. It's not unusual for me to save someone $1000/yr or more when they combine.

What deductible did you do up on? Auto or home? What did you go from and up to?
If auto, was it comp or collision?
If home do y'all have a seperate deductible for wind/hail & hurricane and what about an all peril deductible?

Sorry if it's too many questions.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by taubele
Mike: Nah, I didn't think you were going to send me anything crazy You usually let out all your crazy here on the boards! (j/k!) I'll let you know how it works out this weekend. 110 calorie cookies?! Geez! I felt bad cause I ate an Oreo last night, but even one oreo is only 53 cals! What the heck are they putting in these school fundraiser cookies, entire wads of butter and sugar? Yikes!

3) Make an effort on my appearance every day T: no makeup W: no makeup Th: yes, and got LOTS of comments. Curled hair is a go.

As I put above - I was in the middle of getting to my cleaning goals when BF came home from work and told me, basically, to stop cleaning and that he wanted to do the bulk of cleaning with me this weekend. I was pleasantly surprised and did as he asked - though I am still going to keep up with my minor everyday cleaning tasks (dishes, picking up things off the floor, etc.). The floor needs a serious vacuuming as well and I'm not sure I can wait until the weekend to do it. I'm happy he wants to help, though, and I'm certainly not going to discourage the impulse!!

I weighed in this morning (Friday) and saw 161.9 on the scale. I was satisfied if not joyful - it's basically the same weight I was last Thursday before I left for the wedding, so I guess it's sort of a "no harm, no foul" week for me! Whatever I put on has come off, and I'm inching ever-so-slowly towards my next mini-goal. I was reminded this morning when entering my weight that I'm only about 12 lbs. off from entering "Healthy BMI land." Man, I remember when starting out how it seemed to be completely impossible. I started out with a BMI of nearly 36, and now my BMI is about 27. It's crazy and wonderful. Some days you need to be reminded of how far you've come when other things aren't budging too much.

Anyway, it's Friday! Happy Friday!

~Terri
Yeah, the cookies are crazy.

3) T: Duck W: Duck Th: Goose

Great job on keeping the scale stable!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.