Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Old 10-19-2011, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Mike: I’m sure Mytsie would! Steg is such a beta that most anyone could roll him, unless you’re a nervous man- then you’re dinner. The extension cord was to a much needed fan- don’t worry so much, I’m a good dog-mom :P Did you know that they now do Brazilians on men?! You should sooo do a tri! Think of it as a new fitness challenge!! One of my long-term goals is to complete an Ironman by my 30th birthday! Watch out for blood sugar crashes! I would recommend keeping a baggie of nuts in your pocket! Oh! Now you can have TWO pink shirts!! As far as waxing goes- there is a prime time in between when your hair is too short and too long to wax. The longer the hair, the more painful it is. Perhaps you just need to shave your back first, then have it waxed 2-4 weeks later? For me, because I have so much testosterone, I can shave Monday, and then get waxed the next Monday.
Mytsie would be a good snack for your baby. I don't know if you've ever seen her but here she is in action. Mytsie tormenting Chloe' - YouTube Here she is in attack mode My Attack Dogs - YouTube
As for an Ironman, I had a back injury plus I have a crazy heart rate so that's not happening. I always have my nuts with me. Ha
My back really isn't bad, I just hate body hair. I would never shave it, then it would grow back like a beard. Oh and no wax is going down there either. That's why razors where created, right?
Old 10-19-2011, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
... I'm not that weird in real life.
Uh-huh...
Old 10-19-2011, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Mytsie would be a good snack for your baby. I don't know if you've ever seen her but here she is in action. Mytsie tormenting Chloe' - YouTube Here she is in attack mode My Attack Dogs - YouTube
As for an Ironman, I had a back injury plus I have a crazy heart rate so that's not happening. I always have my nuts with me. Ha
My back really isn't bad, I just hate body hair. I would never shave it, then it would grow back like a beard. Oh and no wax is going down there either. That's why razors where created, right?
Oh goodness... Haha, nope, my dinosaur is nothing compared to your attack dog! Have you ever tried an epilator?! It's like tweezers on crack. You have to have a special kind of self-hatred to willingly do that! Youch! Pity about your heart rate! Volunteering at a local tri is what got me started back!

Oh, and by the way: My sorority sisters are loving your youtube videos! Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to shamelessly promote (aka pimp) your videos out in order to encourage the girls to get moving! I'm trying to get them to work together on the Couch-2-5K plan, but some just aren't ready for the change in lifestyle
Old 10-19-2011, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna

Enjoy your celebration tonight!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone!

Amy, your friend had the same idea as I--either let your childhood ruin your life or MAKE your future brighter by banning the bad stuff from your future. I asked about the costumes--someone else may have also. Oh, I LOVE the idea of the garden gnome. LOL on the more abundant show girl fabric--great idea--it's cold in October anyway. I'll have to look up Elizabeth Cady Stanton-- somehow I missed her in history.

Joanna, that's great about the insulin dosage dropping and being able to manage your low blood sugars more easily.

Mhibdon, hi!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator

You may have a hard time pimping out a short, bald guy.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

Joanna: I DO expect to see that heavier girl - She's making herself known at the moment with an increased appetite, but I will persevere!! I always said I would look forward to the day where I could have a handful of chips, or a piece of cake, or a scoop of ice cream and not immediately feel bad or like I have to "make up for it" -- I think I'm on my way, but there's work to do until I'm really mentally in that place. I think it's probably a good sign that you're dropping your insulin - can't find any rhyme or reason for it with your food? I hope you have a FANTASTIC birthday, I also love karaoke! Woohoo!

Mern: Horse doovers!! Haha, I like that! You're so sweet, I love reading your posts too!!! Sometimes I feel badly cause I tend to make MASSIVE POSTS with responses to everyone instead of breaking them up nicely. I feel like I'm hogging the thread! Your veggie soup sounds like it was DIVINE!! I didn't know about your childhood, but it just makes me respect you more, as I've always felt you were just the most caring and level-headed person, it shows up in the way you write and your presence on here. You are a superstar, lady!

Amy: I always thought a bikini wax was when you just got your inner thighs done, but the Brazilian was the whole shebang - like Mern said. You're lucky with those Native American genes; I've never had a wax job done but I'm sure it's a very iiiiinteresting experience. I wish I had gotten pictures of my hair from the back, it was GORGEOUS. It had 83 bobby pins in it though - taking those out at midnight was SO FUN.

April: You're so sweet; you don't talk too much! I did have a great time last weekend, and I hope the scale is kind Friday, but we'll see! Either way, I just can't feel bad about what happened. You have to celebrate the good times in life. I'm glad I'm not alone on the mirror thing - one day when that inner fat girl is gone, I will dance like no one's watching!

quinn: You sound like a fantastic Mom to all of your chicks, and congrats on DD's 18th birthday! Woohoooo! The $400 was definitely a good score, though we had a scary moment when we thought we wouldn't get on the 10:00 plane (last plane out for the night) - I might have been pretty grumpy if we'd gotten stuck in Atlanta overnight. But it all turned out for the best. Most people at home just said "You look awesome" or "You look fantastic" or anything. No one really said "WOW YOU ARE NO LONGER FAT" but it was a similar compliment all the same, I guess. Some random woman at the wedding came up and patted my rear and said "What a body on you!" I had no idea how to respond but uh....take the compliment? Wow, come to think of it, I still head to the "plus size" racks first in the clothing store. Sheesh, brain, get with the program.

Darlene: You are such a sweetheart, I hope the scale is good too!! I hoep you also had a fantastic day!

Cassie: I'm glad you like the lemons quote; I love it. Sometimes in my life I err on being "too passive" -- I need to get mad and make life take the lemons back more often, so it works for me! Sorry to hear about the incident with your son; I wish I could offer more advice, but I think it speaks to his character that he was so upset about making you upset - he's obviously a good kid - and I'm sure you two will figure it out. Hugs for you.

mhibidon: hahaha, we'll see who talks more! I have to admit I took my heels off after an hour or so of dancing, I'm a weakling. My calves are ginormous with leftover muscles from playing many sports. I hope one day they are sickly slim. Most scientists aren't keen on throwing house parties - we're pale and bent over lab benches, but I'll see if that works Thanks for the compliment, sweetie! I think I look better cause of the two sexy men in the picture, haha! And hey - as a neuroscientist, I demand you do your neurobiology homework!!!

Tonja: Thanks so much for the compliment! Oh man, we all have pizza-and-brownie days. Just log it, accept it, and move on. Life slows down for no one, not even busy moms, unfortunately. You will totally be where I am soon!! You can do it!! You're already on it, saying you WILL do better today, just do it!

Mike: I will look at your video as soon as I get home and have sound (no sound on work comp)

Tuesday Report Card

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals

1) Average weekly calories between 1200 and 1400. No single day above 1600. T: 1,478 (Week Average: 1,478)
2) Exercise 3-4 times this week T: Day off
3) Achieve a calorie deficit of at least 4,500 calories. 5,000 calories would be better. T: -351
4) Average daily protein percentage of 25-30% T: 25% (Week Average: 25%)
5) Average daily carb percentage of 45-50% or less T: 37% (Week Average: 37%)
6) Sleep at least 7 hours per night. Aim for 8. T: yes
7) Hit the snooze button 2 times max T: At least 4
8) Weigh in on Friday (and only Friday) T: Did not weigh
9) Multivitamin Daily T: yes
10) 80-90 oz. of water daily T: yes

Other Goals

1) Start/maintain a job search spreadsheet for materials sent in/needed T: No
2) Bring my "A" game every day to work T: Fail - distractions!
3) Make an effort on my appearance every day T: no makeup
4) Clean one room a day T: Fail

Sorry if I missed any replies, you guys are so chatty!! I love it!

Thanks everyone for the compliment on my picture I was very happy at that moment, with my two best guys, and the wedding was so gorgeous. I have other pictures, but that one is my complete favorite. I'm blushing.

So I am apparently really hungry - I had a high-cal day (for me) yesterday and I'm still starving today. I'm guessing it's because I got off my fairly rigorous eating schedule when I was home and went into grazing mode - eating little bits whenever I got hungry - and now that I'm back to my structured meals, my stomach is not too happy with me! This too shall pass, though. It'll probably just take another day or two of adjustment and me steadfastly ignoring the little grumbles from time to time.

I need to get back to work or I'll have to fail myself on "A" game work for two days in a row - so Happy Wednesday everyone!!

~Terri
Old 10-19-2011, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

#'s for Tuesday
Health & Fitness
1) Log everything I eat yes, yes
2) Fix a hot breakfast everyday
yes, no (donuts don't count)
3) 4 servings of fruit & veggies daily yes, no
4) Try not to gain more than 1 pound (yeah that's a crazy one) 179.0
5) Lift, Lift, Lift x 3 off, yes
6) Daily:
Floss
yes, yes
Fish Oil yes, yes
Multi Vitamin yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
7) Snooze button no more than once per day 0, 1
8) Get battery for food scale no, yes
9) Write 4 policies 1 ,0
10) Get 4 donations (If you want to help out or just want to see me wear pink, please click on my site! 4!!! ,0
Old 10-19-2011, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals...
1. 80oz water daily not just during the week M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch M: 1-3/4mile, T: 1-1/2mile,
3. Exercise Weds-Sun (allow one day off) M/T: N/A, W: 50min,
4. No stuffing junk in my mouth mindlessly M: No, T: Yes,
5. No added salt on my plate M: Yes, T: Yes,
6. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes,

Life Goals...
1. Fill out new patient forms for dentist for boys M: Done!
2. Mail ^ dentist forms T: Done!
3. Fill out insurance forms for boys M: Done!
4. Mail ^ insurance forms T: Done!
5. Fold laundry M: 4 loads, T: 2 loads,
6. Lotion on feet M: Yes, T: Yes,

Weekend Goals...
1. Clear closet of clothes I no longer wear
2. Plant flower bulbs in bed
3. Move hostas
4. Scoop leaves from pond T: spent 1/2 hr,
5. Regular housework for hubby's work weekend

Yesterday was a good day. I even got outside for about a 1/2 hr last night to scoop leaves off the pond. This barely even skimmed the surface not to mention the ones on the bottom about 10-12" deep. Here is a pic of it AFTER I spent a half hour.

For size reference, the landing in the middle is 4'x4'. I just love this part of my yard and would spend much more time there if I had it available to me. It is much prettier down there in the summer time, but I do love my fall weather.

Amy ... I know this was a while back but, your kids do laundry? Ha! Mine don't. I like that your daughter asked for 'leg of meat'. I also have trouble eating things that are the same name as when they were alive. Could be another reason I don't eat much seafood. Hmmmm.

Cassie ... I love the idea of that life skills class. I could send my laundry to school with the kids for practice ... I feel ya on the argument with your son. My older one is very sensitive to my feelings. I have had small spats with him over the phone at work. He always texts me within a few minutes to explain why he said what he did or why his attitude was bad. Guess we really are doing an okay job at this mom thing, huh?

Terri ... I love the lemons quote! What a nice pic of you guys! And I love the pat on the rear from a random lady. That is a great compliment!

Mike ... You can't wax long hair hun. I have clippered to the lowest setting before waxing before though. That works well. It hurts if the hair is too long.

Tonja ... Now you know that you can't skip lunch and stay on track. You will have a better day today. What do you write BTW?

Jjeand ... Sometimes it is easier to give in to a small craving than deny it and crash the rest of the day. At least for me it seems that way. I had to smile about your daughter doing pushups. I bet she learns quick not to say " I can't ".

JennyKam ... Welcome to the thread!!

LuckyGirl ... You can find the time to make yourself get to the gym. If you can't, then maybe work out a routine to do at home. That's what I do. If I actually had to go to the gym it would never happen.

mhibdon ... Congrats on the size 6!

Quinn ... We have well water but still buy spring water by the gallon at home. It just tastes better. And our well water is kind of hard anyway. I got my love of Stephen King from my aunt. She has every book that he ever wrote.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Mike ... You can't wax long hair hun. I have clippered to the lowest setting before waxing before though. That works well. It hurts if the hair is too long.
Nice pond, is it stocked? Yeah I think next time I'll use the hedge clippers to cut a foot or two off my back (that's how it seems) before waxing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.