Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Old 10-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Here's what you need to do, get yourself some red socks, preferably cotton socks, and then toss them in to a load of whites, make sure the dial is set to hot-hot and waa-laa a whole pink wardrobe. That's how my kids do it. Works every time.
My nephew, who is an honors high school senior, is taking a college preparatory class this semester (not college prep academics, a course that actually prepares you for college). Current unit: Laundry!!

And they say schools don't teach the basics anymore .
Old 10-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Amy, in case you are wondering, I was going to order a save the ta tas shirt but it dawned on me that that is a different foundation. I didn't think it would be "politically correct" to wear their shirt while raising money for Susan G Komen. Also besides never wearing pink, I never wear a V neck, so there ya go.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn...my oldest and I are so close that we are more like friends. I can get him to tell me anything and everything. The younger and I are like oil & water. It is weird. They are polar opposites and only 14 months apart. Raised by the same parents, in the same home. Not even like they were raised at different times in our parenting lives, LOL. I love them both just as much. It is just that defiancy that gets us going sometimes. He is an honors student and I am very proud of him for that. I just wish he would soon learn it is easier to follow the rules than rebel all the time. I guess that free spirit of his will lend itself to something useful in adulthood I hope.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Rose “Alone in the Classroom” sounds good let me know what you think when you are done I read allot in the winter and I am always open for suggestions. What kind of documentary did you just finish I watch a ton of doc’s I had no idea that’s what you did for work I am intrigued.

Tonja I also find it helps me stay accountable if I post something I will or won’t do here as then I have to own up to my behavior good or bad, I hope it keeps you away from the brownies.

Amy I am trying to picture your face as you read Rose’s post. Love your advice to Mike on getting a pink shirt I have so many clothes ruined by my kids doing laundry.

Quinn What are you reading? Sorry to hear about your crappy weather we have sun for another couple of days then they are calling for storms I hope they are wrong. Enjoy your quite day.

Mern Thanks for encouragement. You are a great Grandma your daughter is lucky to have your support and she obviously gets her parenting skills from you. I can’t get the smile off my face picturing you carrying a screaming 10 year old into the house way to win that battle supergrandma. MMm your soup sounds very good.

April You had a great goal day yesterday even though you picked at some food last night so yeah you. I am sorry to hear your son disrespected you it’s so hard as a Mom to not react to the pain it causes but still discipline it especially when half the time they are just trying to get you riled up so good for you on keeping your cool.

Terri I am so glad you had fun can’t wait to see your pic’s. $400 dollars and dinner for 2 hours is fantastic and that will really help remove some stress at Christmas. It sounds like your food was really good and dancing is an awesome calorie burner I am sure your scale is fine.

Joanna Glad to hear you are off to a good start this week.

ChibiSub Hi.

Mike Any pink shirt will do I am sure. Way to go on finally getting your battery.

Well I think I am actually caught up on reading you ladies and Mike have been busy today. I am off to exercise and get some lunch. I hope you all have a great day.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
... All it does for me is let me know the way I don't want to be with my own family...
April, yeah, that's exactly the lesson I learned from my childhood. Yep, you take the lemons and make lemonade...

Y'all can show up for dinner (with your soup spoons) at 5:30PM. LOL

Amy, where I live Brazilian means completely bald down there whereas bikini wax means just shoring up the edges like in trimming sideburns around the face. Well, that's as delicate as I could think of... Is bikini wax completely bald in your part of the country? I'm not poking fun--In Ohio pot luck means everyone bringing a covered dish of food to share to a buffet style meal whereas to my cousins in Oklahoma pot luck means the cook/s hosting meal haven't yet decided what will be served. I didn't know that until I was the only one showing up at a family reunion bringing food. LOL

Quinn, thanks for your kind words. My daughter and I butted heads many times when she was a teenager and we often joke about neither of us thought we'd make it through those years. LOL Amazing how kids in the same family with the same parents, children at the same time can be so different from one another. You'd think my 16 and 17 year old granddaughters were reared on different planets with completely opposite values, likes and dislikes, aspirations, etc. But I've seen proof that kids who seemed virtually hopeless can turn out to be fantastic, responsible adults.

Cassie, that's so cool to be taught laundry in high school as college prep! I also think it should be mandatory for every high school student to learn about credit cards, bank accounts, loans, and balancing a checkbook.

Mike, you're such a good sport. The pink v neck should work just fine.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
April, yeah, that's exactly the lesson I learned from my childhood. Yep, you take the lemons and make lemonade...
Hahahaha! My BF has a new saying (I think he may have gotten it from a video game, but I still love it) about life giving you lemons:

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give you lemons!"

And I tell you what, saying that out loud, especially the "make life RUE THE DAY" part really pumps me up! Life will rue the day it gave me lemons!!!! TAKE THAT, LIFE!!

Making lemonade is nice too, though!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, thanks and thanks for all the compliments earlier about me being all muscular. You really don't need to kiss up though.

I started the day with 2 big donuts and it's a good thing b/c today has been crazy. That's all I've eaten all day. I just hope I don't pig out when I finally get home.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, thanks for the giggle. I love that "make life rue the day..." LOL

Mike, LOL on my kissing up. If you ever saw my husband with his shirt off you'd know I'm serious. I've seen your YouTube mirror pics and I'll bet you look muscular to MOST of the gals here. I hope you can balance out the donuts with some healthful food tonight.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Oh wow! There is plenty to read in the thread! You guys have been busy here.
I went MIA over the weekend (big surprise) it was not too bad but definetely not good, but its a new week. So here are my goals for the week and yesterdays report. I will again be gone this weekend so I will try my best to be good these days.

Stay on average under 1300 calories. 1256
Drink 3 liters of water. No
Exercise 3 times. No
Work on my to write list . No
Finish lesson by Wednesday.

Monday not looking so great now that I see it written.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

And now after an hour of reading and trying to replying here's what I could get from the thread.

Mike, how would you rather pluck than wax? I support mhdibon on this one, I love waxing my legs, maybe I am not very sensitive but to me it really doesn't hurt. Anyway congrats on reaching your first goal and great you found a tshirt.

Tonja, welcome! You did great on your first day!

Darlene, hope your arms are better now. Were the hurting calves from the calf raises?

Rose, are you excited about going back home? If you lost weight during your stay then I say it was a success. Have a great week!

Lizzie, hope you get your free Friday and have a great week1

Almeeker, what are twinkle toes? Not all bikini waxes are brazilians, but I think Mern has already delicately explained.

Hope, nice having you here, look forward to reading you every day.

Joanna, ugh an exam on your birthday but get to studying

Ann, glad to have you back and that you are on the wagon and have a new job!

Quinn, those many birthdays are hard but you had a great last week and skinny jeans are nice to you so... happy birthday to your daughter.

Cassie, I don't know if I missed it but was it your birthday? If so Happy Birthday!

Mhibdon, welcome back! Your dog is gorgeous! I am sure he loves the walks!

April, happy anniversary! Your list is impressive!

Mern, trying to catch up is really hard! I feel like I'm skimming most of the time. Hope you have a great week! I challenge you from today on to drink more water (no dust for you) and I will drink my 3 liters.

Chibisub welcome back! Congrats on the new job.

Terri, sounds like you had lovely weekend! Cannot wait to see pics. Awesome on the $400! Hope you have a great week!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.