Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/10/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/10/11

Community

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/10/11

Old 10-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Lizzie, being in haunted places can be creepy, especially when it's your home.

Rose, I crack up when you say "Go Mike go" It looks like you are off to a great start. Did you run out of green ink??

Joanne, You have me craving cookies and candy now. You can pull it together! Be strong!!!

Cassie, great advice to Joanna.

Darlene, I was happy to see that she did donate. I was actually surprised b/c I didn't think she would. Try not to let the red outweigh the green in your goals. You can do this!

jjeand, welcome back. It looks like your doing great. Keep it up.

Terri, I've never tried nutella, as long as they still make peanut butter, I have no need to try it. It looks like you are having a great week. You know I like seeing the green next to keeping up with your appearance. I guess I'm OCD and get fixated on certain things. I like seeing that you are succeeding at that and I love to pester Amy about signing up for a race and I like hearing about Mern getting her omega -3's from NM peanut butter. I guess I'm weird like that.

Nailkita, shhh no talk of baking. You're going to make me go back a rum cake. I'm trying to be good. Good job on the calorie goal. You need to get busy on the rest.

Mern, I'm glad see that you're still passing out cyber hugs. Great job so far on your goal, no go drink some water. Keep a water bottle with you at all times, unless you are asleep or bathing.

Mary, wow you really are having a great week. Finish strong, finish strong!

April, you are rocking 6 or your 8 goals. wooowhooo!

Rose, beautiful pics once again.

Ann, oh wait Ann is MIA.

Main80, great job on being down 31 pounds!

Cassie, great job on your goals. What do you have planned for this weekend? Maybe you should play a staycation???

Quinn, it's a shame when a guy needs to be married, in a relationship or do construction work to t a home cooked meal. Didn't their mom teach them how to cook when growing up? Mine did, maybe that's why I was never afraid to get divorced.

Amy, What wrong? GET IT TOGETHER!!! You have way to much red going on. I think you should go sign up for the New Orleans race now.

If I missed anyone I'm sorry. It's hard playing catchup with a bunch of Chatty Kathy's. At least I didn't say cackling hens.j/k
Old 10-12-2011, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

Quinn, it's a shame when a guy needs to be married, in a relationship or do construction work to t a home cooked meal. Didn't their mom teach them how to cook when growing up? Mine did, maybe that's why I was never afraid to get divorced.
I couldn't agree more! With my family's culinary background, my oldest son knew his way very well around the kitchen. When he got to college, he was very much in demand and made his spending money by cooking for his starving friends. lol

On holidays, we work side by side very efficiently. He's my absolute favorite cooking partner. My daughter, not so much. She's much happier reading a chemistry book than a cookbook, I'm afraid.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

Another great day food-wise. I feel much more in control, although weekends have always really been my problem. Hope that I can keep it going! I think I scared myself last weekend when a pair of jeans seemed a bit tight!

Goals for the week... with a little bit of punishment mixed in:

1. Calories between 1000-1200; LOG EVERYTHING, NO EXCUSES! Yes, Yes, Yes

2. 90 oz. of water a day, no excuses. Yes, Yes, Yes

3. NO BREAD FOR ONE WEEK, which will force me to eat the things that I should be eating instead. Yes, Yes, Yes, but it was hard today!

4. No butter, margarine, spreads... nothing. Yes, Yes, Yes

5. Take all vitamins and supplements; don't skip the big, nasty ones. Yes, Yes, Yes

6. Quit making excuses for falling off the wagon, even on weekends. There are no excuses... you've just been lazy and undisciplined. Yes, Yes, Yes
Old 10-12-2011, 03:42 PM
FitDay Member

For today:

1.) Under 1550 calories/day: 1651/1832/1474
2.) Water!: OK/Good/Great
3.) Exercise 3 times: 1
4.) More protein!: Not great/Still pretty low/Better
5.) Finish Astro 502 HW by Wed: Done
Old 10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn & Joanna, you both had a great day!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Way too late and way too tired to give this thread justice tonight. I appreciate you all being here; I've enjoyed reading the posts when logging today and wish I could stay awake to comment. Congrats to all who had great days, and if you're struggling, know we're all here for you...{{hugs}}.

1. Balance calories and activity level. Fair, Yes, Yes
2. Make good choices for the calories. Fair, Yes, Yes (except for the frozen yogurt incident that involved a spoon but regrettably not a bowl)
3. Sleep 7 hours a night. 6.5, 7, 6.5
4. Drink 2-3 big blue bottles of water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Take vitamins, fish oil, and calcium daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Plan relaxation for the weekend (worked the past three). Pending, Yep!!
7. Check in here daily! Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Shoulder exercises. Yes, Yes, Yes

BTW, Nutella just doesn't do it for me, though I could stick my head in jar of peanut butter and be perfectly content for an hour or so...
Old 10-12-2011, 05:02 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday report

1. Stay under 1300 calories weekly average: 1175
2. Drink 3 liters of water: No, No
3. Exercise 4 times: No,Yes
4. Report everyday: Yes, Yes

Last edited by MAIN80; 10-12-2011 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Always forget to erase the quote part
Old 10-12-2011, 05:04 PM
FitDay Member

Mary, congrats on having a good week.

Mern, hope your grandson is feeling better.

Mike, thanks for the congrats. I did only the normal paced raises today, I do believe it helps to loosen the muscle up, the pain is gone for the most part. You are almost at 1000, good you got those "lost" donations.

Terri, how can you not like Nutella? Its chocolate heaven!

Jjeand, great going on your goals.

Joanna, sorry to hear that you were having a snacking issue but it looks like you have recovered. You are right, you just have to keep pushing, there will be good days and bad days, the point is making those bad days fewer in between.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:25 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mike!

In Montreal, our Hockey team is nicknamed The Habs and the common chant at hockey games is "GO HABS GO" so I love saying "Go Mike go!" It's so satisfying.

Regarding my "green ink" it appears that I can't use colours anymore. Whenever I do, it looks like it's working until I post and then it posts all the junk in brackets around the text. It's very annoying. I am really hoping that once I get home to my better WIFI connection in Canada, that these issues I am having will sort themselves out.

P.S. This is my third time trying to post this response! I am so annoyed. I have a feeling this is because I "upgraded" to Lion. #$%^&*(&^$@@$%
Old 10-12-2011, 05:28 PM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, wow, your battlefield tours sound pretty intense. I don't even know how I would react visiting Auschwitz. It is so heartbreaking.

As for your pictures, I would love to see them.

I love that we are all sharing these stories!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.