Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/10/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/10/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/10/11

Old 10-12-2011, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Terri,

I do the same thing with liquids. I usually drink at least 32 oz. every afternoon, which helps me eat less for supper and another 32 oz. in the evening, which helps with snacking.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, Everyone! This forum is jumping! I tried to respond to more posts this morning but it seems like I was just able to post once and that is it! I tried refreshing. I tried logging out and logging back in but nothing worked. I am hoping I have better luck tonight. But honestly ever since I have upgraded my operating system to Lion, everything is buggy! I am so annoyed!!! Sometimes I hate computers.

So tonight, I am going to respond to everyone first and then I will do my check-in in a different post so that I don't risk having a post that's too big and takes all night to load!

Amy, thanks so much for the compliment re: my pictures. Where in Europe did you live? And thanks for being proud of me for jumping back on the wagon. This forum has been so amazingly invaluable for just that reason. Every time I go off the rails, I think of all my friends waiting to welcome me back to Fitday. It helps me to forgive myself and move on. The most valuable thing I have learned here is that getting sidetracked is fine as long as I get back on the right path. Also, I really admire everything you have accomplished. You are a very special person and it means a lot to me when you say you are proud of me! So thanks!

Wow Amy, I can't imagine having a nephew who went off to war. It must be even harder when it's someone younger than you. I haven't ever known anyone who's fought in a war in my lifetime so I can only imagine how stressful that must have been for your family.

Darlene, thanks (about the pictures) and thanks for the supportive words! And it's so true what you said about war. It's so sad that it even happens. You would think that we would reach a point when disputes could be solved by other means but I don't know that that day will ever come. Still, it's important to be aware of what's happening in the world and doing whatever we can to do good in life.

Main80, thank you!!!

April, wow, I am so flattered that you like my pictures so much. I love photography but it's really just a hobby for me. Good for you for increasing your dumbells and increasing your workout time! You are really doing great!

Mern, so sorry to hear you lost your post and I sure hope your grandson is doing better!

Nailkita, thanks for commenting on my photos. I hear you about the baking. I am not a big baker but boy do I love baked goods! They sure are my weakness.

Quinn, wow, your father's story is incredible and I totally agree with you about history. It's so important and yet most people know so little. I think that I was lucky to have attended a private high school where the academic program was based on the British system and our history lessons were very thorough. Still, it's not just about what is in the books. You can learn about an event but when you have the opportunity to actually speak to someone who was personally affected by it or just learn about specific personal stories, it takes it to another level of understanding. You will really like the documentary I am editing right now. It will air on Discovery in the Spring. I'll keep you posted!

Terri, exactly! I totally agree. If history could be taught with a more human or personal approach, students would connect with it on a more profound level. It's so unnerving when so much focus today is on battling out the differences of opinions when the country should unite in making it a better place to grow up and get a good education rather than feeding donuts to kids and buying them iPhones. Also, sorry to hear about your unexpected bill and your break out! And thanks for the compliment about my pictures!

Joanna, are you sure you're eating enough protein at dinner? Also, you're right of course. Everyone here totally understands and has been there. Hell, I was just there last week. For me, once I eat something "bad" it's a downward spiral. I have to avoid sugary treats and baked goods all together or I just want more and more. At least now I know when I am in one of those overeating phases, that I have the forum to come back to and I know that I will get back on track. You will too. It's just a matter of time. You have done so well and this will pass and you'll have a really good phase again really soon. I promise!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 10-12-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene and Rose, thanks for your concern. My grandson's medical condition is not serious--the pediatrician diagnosed it as a salivary gland infection (parotitis) and she prescribed a stronger antibiotic than the emergency room doctor prescribed last night. He's off school the rest of the week because it can be either bacterial or viral, so he may or may not be contageous.

Darlene, is your DD ill or is it a routine checkup?

Cassie,Terri and Quinn surely had some good advice on snacking!

On water curbing hunger pangs. I must be odd. If I could get my stomach to hold a gallon of water, it still would not curb my hunger pangs. Maybe it's psychological...

Terri, I've read that it really is best to make lunch one's main meal--more of the calories are burned off before bedtime, so it's better for weight control. That's great that it also helps you feel more even-keeled into the afternoon and evening. There may be other advantages, like digestion or something-- but it's all that I remember reading.

Quinn, I did not know that Crystal Lite has a lot of caffeine in it. How did you find out? Did someone tell you or did you go label reading? So glad you found out before you had a heart attack or something! You are so right--there's always something new to learn about eating healthfully. Aw, you are so thoughtful to take dinner to the guy whose wife is in the hospital. I remember we talked about that hospital food a while back and I mentioned to you that people in our area often use a local hospital here as a going out to dinner restaurant because the food there is so good. But I guess when someone is in the hospital for a while, you need a change of menu after a while.

Last edited by Mern; 10-12-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Well today was a really busy day at work and I barely had time to breathe, let alone make it to the gym. I'm not worried about making my exercise goal though. Also my calories are over by 17. I guess that isn't so bad but what put me over my limit were 11 almonds I had to have to stop my stomach from growling at around 6pm.

1. Calories capped at 1200. 1196/ 1126/ 1217
2. At least 25% protein. 33%/ 37%/ 32%
3. Water: 2-3 litres per day! YES/ YES/ YES
4. Exercise 6 hours! M: 50 min/ T: 95 min (total so far: 2hr.25min.)
5. Multivitamin & vitamin B daily. YES/ YES/ YES
6. Achieve a deficit of 7500 calories. M: -1380/ T: -1539/ W: -973 (total so far: 3892)
7. Weigh in on Friday (and only Friday!) YES/ NO! (I peeked and was devastated but I'm over it now.)/ YES

Last edited by mtlgirl; 10-12-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Mern,

I was having a lot of problems with rapid heartbeat, nervousness, etc. this week. At first, I thought that it was just caused by all of the things that were going wrong around here lately. I tried to think of anything that I've changed, and the one thing new was that I bought Crystal Light Tea instead of just the regular, flavored Crystal Light. So, I did some research online and found that all flavors are caffeine-free, with the exception of their teas. It was green tea, and I mistakenly thought that all green tea was caffeine free, but it's not. I have some drug sensitivities and a congenital heart issue, so it probably bothers me more than most people. Not to mention that I was probably drinking close to 64 oz. of it a day during this past week to curb my bad eating habits.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday check-in TAKE 2

Woohoo!!! I made a mistake on my calories. I accidentally entered more mini babybel cheese than what I really ate! What an amazing surprise! So I didn't go over my calories today at all.

1. Calories capped at 1200. 1196/ 1126/ 1191
2. At least 25% protein. 33%/ 37%/ 29%
3. Water: 2-3 litres per day! YES/ YES/ YES
4. Exercise 6 hours! M: 50 min/ T: 95 min (total so far: 2hr.25min.)
5. Multivitamin & vitamin B daily. YES/ YES/ YES
6. Achieve a deficit of 7500 calories. M: -1380/ T: -1539/ W: -999 (total so far: 3918)
7. Weigh in on Friday (and only Friday!) YES/ NO! (I peeked and was devastated but I'm over it now.)/ YES[/QUOTE]
Old 10-12-2011, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

Rose, I'm so sorry to hear about your computer problems--not as simple as refreshing, I see. I hope you can find a way to get your issues resolved.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Rose! Wow! Fantastic job! I did that last week--found I recorded something wrong in my food log. I was elated because I thought I didn't have room for a yummy, filling snack and it turned out I did.

Quinn, thanks for explaining about the Crystal Lite caffeine. That certainly could have done you a lot of harm! The Mega-T green tea capsules I sometimes use come in either regular with caffeine, or caffeine free, but I did think that all Crystal Lite drinks were caffeine free. I think I'd have just taken it for granted that their green tea was caffeine free, too.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hope. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling so good at the moment, I hope it all settles soon.

Rose and Quinn. Finding out about your past is always interesting. My grandfather and great uncles all served during the war and they told me a lot of stories about their time in North Africa and Europe. My BIL's father was in the SAS and was highly decorated but did not like to discuss what he had seen or done. My BF served as a medic for 22 years and was deployed to the Falklands, Bosnia, Iraq and now he is a medic in our reserve forces and may go to Afghanistan next year. We have been on a few battlefield tours, the two that stand out are the Somme, where we stood in the trenches and learnt about the horror of living in that environment, almost always ankle deep in water,
rats scurrying around you, very little rations and the fear of gas attack. The
other was Auschwitz, This terrible place still has the power to move you to tears. There is a strange stillness about it and it haunts you for a long time after you leave. We have also visited many of the war cemeteries that are
maintained by the war graves commission, again they are haunting places
especially when you read the ages of some of the boys buried there. I cried
when I read one mother's inscription on the headstone " tread softly here, my
son lies sleeping beneath you". I took some photographs of both the British
and American cemeteries and will gladly put one or two up here if you wish to
see them.

Otherwise it's been a good day and although I didn't do my 30 mins of structured exercise, I came home after tea at my mum's and didn't sit down
until now - 3 1/2 hrs later. Been up and down those stairs about a hundred times clearing out clothes and things for the charity shop, now I'm off to bed.

Last edited by Lizards13; 10-12-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, better late than never I guess.

I started the fundraising 12 days ago and have 10 days left. I'm currently at $925! Thanks everyone. I'm thinking that I can rest comfortably knowing that I won't have to shave my legs.

Health & Fitness

1) Eat clean for SEVEN days!! yes, yes
2) Fix a hot breakfast everyday (pop tart doesn't count) yes, yes
3) 4 servings of fruit & veggies daily yes, yes
4) Post up my food & exercise journal daily yes, I'll just post the link to it again. http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...a_User=01gt4.6
5) Lift, Lift, Lift x 3 day off, yes (went up 20#'s on deadlifts but still super light)
6) Daily:
Floss
yes, yes yes
Fish Oil
yes, yes
Multi Vitamin yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
7) Snooze button no more than once per day 0, 1
8) Get battery for food scale no, no
9) Pay State and Federal taxes yes & yes DONE
10) Put your money where your mouth is Manic Monday yes DONE
11) Write 4 policies 0, 0
12) Get 4 donations 2 (not counting my match), 2 (If you want to help out or just want to see if I'll put my money where my mouth is, please click on my site!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 10-12-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.