Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3. >

7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3.

Community
Notices

7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I know I won't get there so I can safely offer this... if I get to $3000, I'll wear a pink shirt, a tennis skirt and shave my legs! Anyone willing to try to get me to total humiliation?
I think if you really want to reach 3K your going to have to add a big pink hair ribbon and a pair of falsies. Okay okay I'm kidding about the hair ribbon, we know your challenged in that area, a big head band then with a bow on it.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report

Goals

1. Calories 1,400 M-Th & Sun, 1,600 F&S. 1,397, -1,407, 2,123, 1,400
2. Water 100oz. Y,Y,Y,Y
3. Deficit 4,000 for the week. -1,452, -1,349, -654, -1,216 (total -3,455)
4. Exercise 7 hours. 75 min, 75 min, 75 min, 60 min (total 4:45)
5. Protein 25% or higher. 23%, 24%, 21%, 27%

Other stuff:

1. Pick the rest of the garden and deal with the veggies. Garden Picked!, washed 1/2 tomatoes, all of the zucchini, washed boiled and peeled 1/3 of the beets. Washed, blanched and froze 5 quarts of broccoli, started green beans. Finished green beans, made 14 1/2 quarts pasta sauce.
2. Plant odds and ends in flower garden. N,N,N,N
3. Work on Halloween costumes. N,N,N,N
4. Prep for October Girl Scout meetings. N,DONE
5. Call Grans. N,N,N,N
6. Make appointments for orthodontist and car. N,N,N,N
7. Pick up apples at Farmer's market. Mr. Orchard wasn't there, so no apples for me, will check again on Sat.
8. Housework 45 min/daily + 1 load of laundry. NN,YY, YY, NY

I did better yesterday with my calories, managed to keep to 1,400. I'm really dragging this morning, sleeping in a little later tomorrow morning will be heavenly. Unfortunately I can't sleep in all that late because I have to attend a mandatory meeting for Girl Scout leaders at 8:00am and then middle DD has a 9:30am soccer game. Thank goodness the game is at home or I would have to miss the whole thing.

Quin, I hate it when you go out, order something that you think is workable only to find out it was a whole lot worse than it should have been. And then on top of that it didn't even taste very good. Ugh, that's the worst.

Terri, generally speaking tomato worms only eat tomato plant leaves, I'm not sure how one got in the bag of veggies. But hey, it didn't turn out all bad their son took it to school for the science table. If you want to hear an even crazier story, tomato worms make clicking noises and my mother calls to them and they click back at her, that's actually how we keep the tomatoes cleared of them. She's much more effective than dumping toxic stuff on the plants. I've never quite gotten the knack of it myself.

Darlene, I'm totally cracking up over your food calories 1100, wine 381 and you feel pretty good about it. Now that is the way to make it happen lady! I wonder if I can work out something similar for myself and the local pub brew that gets me in trouble regularly. Mmmmm, 900 calories of food, 600 calories of beer. I think I would be staggering drunk before I got 1/2 of that beer down, but hey a budget is a budget. Right?

Main80, I read those leg instructions from Mike, sounds brutal, but I'm going to give it a whack tomorrow at the gym. I'll probably be crippled by Sunday.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:53 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes, T: No, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
2. No stuffing junk in my mouthM: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
3. Exercise when hubby leaves for work Weds-Sat M/T: N/a, W: 45min!, Th: No, F: 45min!,
4. Limit to one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
5. No added salt on my plate except specific foodsM: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,

Life Goals
1. Enjoy visit with Dad M&T: Yes! Too short but it was great.
2. Cross-stitch project M: No, T: Yes (1-1/2hrs), W: No, Th: Yes (1/2hr)

Yesterday was a good day despite not working out. I walked 2 miles on lunch but I don't count that as working out. The weather has been great this week since it stopped raining. Today is to be just as nice once the fog burns off. I worked out hard for 45 min this morning again.

Quinn ... That stinks that you wasted all those calories on something gross. I have to say that my 13 yr old made a comment to us the other night that made me so proud as a mom on a mission for a healthier family. "I don't even want to eat McDonald's anymore. It's too greasy." <~~~ Yep, my son said that!!

Darlene ... I love my pond. Sometime I will show a pic of it. We moved in our house almost 3 yrs ago and nobody had taken care of weeding it or anything for years so it is a work in progress. There are great rocks all around the bank but they are covering in grass and a layer of mud that I have been working on removing. I'd say it's about half done. You have to stand in the water to work and being fed from an underground spring the water is never more than about 50*F so it gets worked on only in the hot of the summer..... oh and we have doggie doodoo in our yard too but that is the kids' job!

Mike ... that leg exercise looks interesting. I might have to give it a try.

Mary ... don't let one chocolate apple derail you for the rest of the week hun. You can get it back.

Joanna ... Sorry to hear your levels aren't where they should be. Lows can be pretty dangerous. Good job on that 4 miles on the treadmill & elliptical!

Lizzie ... Congrats on your engagement! I know that is a big step for you.

Amy ... I googled tomato worms and they are pretty creepy looking. I have to admit I would have to check it out if I were to find one on my plants though. Bugs don't scare me much.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

My Week Just Disappeared >.<

Looks like you're all doing great!

My Goals This Week:
Weight-Wise:
Get back and stay under 200 lbs M=200 T=200 W=200 Th=200 F=199.5
Figure out why I'm gaining (not sure how I'm gaining when I haven't reached my max calories) M=increasing fibre and water, looking into digital scales T=Too Much Salt... W=Green Tea! Th=Still Stuck... F=I think it was the sodium from the previous 2 weeks, now that I've greatly increased my water and decreased salt it seems to be back to normal
Survive Thanksgiving M=Looking good so far, I insisted on bringing dessert T=Looks like I'm missing my brother for Thanksgiving, which means more leftover turkey for me! W=Waiting Th=Waiting F=We're going a day early...

Other-Wise:

Finish my Portfolio Website M=13 Pictures to go T=No W=Done! Posted, next for mobile version Th=Touch Ups F=Mobile Layout
Get back on track with Freelance work (fell behind this weekend) M=Brain Melted T=Fell Behind W=Caught Up Th=Meeting with Client today F=We're On Track
Take Measurements of Kitchen M=No T=No W=No Th=No F=No
Old 10-07-2011, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie - congratulations on your engagement!

MAIN80 - about the TB ending, well, I wouldn't say I "liked" it (kinda depressing), but it will certainly draw me back for the next season!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning all, I'm still having a hard time walking. I'll try to get caught up today with mu numbers and replies.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Feeling better but not 100% yet. I don't want my legs to hurt more so I did the squats today.
You're a far tougher woman than I, when my legs hurt the last thing I want to do is squats!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Amy ... I googled tomato worms and they are pretty creepy looking. I have to admit I would have to check it out if I were to find one on my plants though. Bugs don't scare me much.
They don't bite unless you're a tomato leaf, but they can be HUGE, which is it's own kind of icky (if you know what I mean). If you do find one see if you can get it to click for you.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, I totally forgot to congratulate you on your engagement!!! Wow that is big big news, a few glasses of champagne are certainly in order!!! You can worry about the scale next week, right? 13 years is a long time to wait, you have ever so much more patience than I do. My DH proposed at the end of October and I was immediately looking at the first weekend in May to get married, and that's when he got that "deer in the headlights" look. He managed to hold me off until the first weekend in September but only just. OY!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

LOL on waiting to get married..... We started dating in January, he moved into my mom's house in early March, we got engaged in May, our own apartment in June and married in October all in the same year....so 10 months to the day from dating to married. Next Saturday is our 18th anniversary though and I wouldn't trade him in yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.