Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3. >

7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3.

Community
Notices

7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report

Goals

1. Calories 1,400 M-Th & Sun, 1,600 F&S. 1,397, -1,407, 2,123 ugh.
2. Water 100oz. Y,Y,Y
3. Deficit 4,000 for the week. -1,452, -1,349, -654 (total -3,455)
4. Exercise 7 hours. 75 min, 75 min, 75 min (total 3:45)
5. Protein 25% or higher. 23%, 24%, 21%

Other stuff:

1. Pick the rest of the garden and deal with the veggies. Garden Picked!, washed 1/2 tomatoes, all of the zucchini, washed boiled and peeled 1/3 of the beets. Washed, blanched and froze 5 quarts of broccoli, started green beans.
2. Plant odds and ends in flower garden. N,N,N
3. Work on Halloween costumes. N,N,N
4. Prep for October Girl Scout meetings. N,DONE
5. Call Grans. N,N,N
6. Make appointments for orthodontist and car. N,N,N
7. Pick up apples at Farmer's market. Mr. Orchard wasn't there, so no apples for me, will check again on Sat.
8. Housework 45 min/daily + 1 load of laundry. NN,YY, YY

Yesterday was grim. I got up at like 2:00am STARVING. Couldn't get back to sleep, and the little devil on my shoulder was whispering "ice cream and nachos" so I made myself a snack, and then I made myself another snack and so before breakfast I was already at 500 calories. I actually sat down at the computer and worked out a menu that would have kept me on track for the rest of the day, stuck to it through breakfast and lunch, but something snapped in the middle of the afternoon and by the time dinner was over I'd eaten like 3-4 cups of unplanned tortilla chips (some of them with cheese melted on them - OY!). So today I'm bloated and feeling like a failure. Bygones and all that, but still it bites. I'm doing better today, hopefully that chip binge will hold me for a while.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

Main 80 Sorry to hear you are still sick. I think its good you took it easy and rested yesterday so you can get well and your calories where still awesome.

Joanna Wow that is a heavy course load. Good job on your goals yesterday.

Mern Good job on your goals yesterday.

Nailkita Lol about your kitten, our cat can’t be bothered to kill anything either he loves to keep the back of the couch warm and to have people cuddle him though. Sorry to hear you are so overworked hope you can get some downtime this weekend.

April Your yard sounds so nice I hope your pond project works out.

Jjeand Glad to hear you had some down time and that you are feeling better.

Amy Nice job on the calorie deficit so far this week you are almost at your goal already. You shouldn’t feel like a loser you motivate me to exercise every time I see your 75min and I am huffing like a 90 year old doing 45min.I don’t know but maybe 1400 calories is too low with how strong of an exerciser you are and how active you are everyday could that be why you wake up hungry because you don’t give yourself enough to eat during the day sorry if my opinion is out of line but you seem to be a very physically active person.Hope you have a great food day today.

I need to go tidy the house my friend is coming to stay and we are going out tonight to watch her brothers band play, part of me is excited the other part a little concerned about wine and pub food calories.Maybe I can convince her to walk home after instead of a cab.I also want to try drying chives today if I have time well I am off to exercise.

Have a nice Thursday everyone.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

dar n, CONGRATULATIONS on your jar of parsley!!! I'm very proud of you! I love to dry my own herbs, last year in the garden I grew sage, and dried bunches of if and used those cute little crystal jelly jars and gave it away as Christmas gifts. I also made a couple of big jars for myself, which was a very good thing, because this year when the new patch was about 2" tall a deer came through and ate every last leaf. I say you put the jar of parsley in the car and drive through town waving it out the window. Awesome.

jjeand, congratulations to you on getting some rest. Where did you get the trainer for your bike? I have a stationary bike, but the seat on it is darn near crippling uncomfortable, the seat on my road bike is ever so much better. So I'm thinking maybe I need to upgrade and park the crippler up at the curb on garbage day.

wildbeanerz, you have a 50-55lb cat? Is that a domestic cat, a mountain lion or one of your dogs having a "feline" moment? 20x40 is pretty good sized, you might want to check out web sites on "square inch gardening". A friend of mine puts in a 25x25 garden, it's almost completely in the shade and still she manages to grow about 1/2 the vegetables her family needs for the year. One of the things I love about her garden is that she walks through it on stepping stones that her kids made. And I'm jealous as all get out at those of you that aren't affected by caffeine, I'm an addict, but if I drink it all day long, there's no chance of sleeping, so I have to cut myself off at noon and spend the rest of the day jonesing for a hit.

Terri, one of my best buddies married a man that was raised on a diet of absolute junk food. Seriously his mother still does her grocery shopping at the gas station. My friend and her husband have 4 kids and none of the children will touch a vegetable with a long stick, behavior encouraged by their father no less. He wants to shoot me every time I pull into their driveway with a van full of produce. And to make matters worse most of my gardening is organic, basically because most of the pesticides cost a fortune, so when you wash the produce it has um, critters in it, not a ton, just the usual. I'm used to it and my friend isn't grossed out by them either, but her husband almost had a coronary the time I gave them a tomato worm. If you've never seen a tomato worm, they are about the size of a breakfast sausage, only bright spring green. Mmmmm, protein. Oh and BTW a "smashed potato" is basically a "mashed potato" only you leave the skins on and don't whip all the lumps out. They are faster to make and a bit healthier as the skins are actually nutritious. Who am I kidding, I make them because I hate to peal potatoes.

nailkita, I used to have a very fat tabby cat that every now and then would kill a bat. It was always totally amazing, because the rest of the time that cat moved only when it absolutely had to. Well, hopefully your cat has other qualities than bug catching.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Amy Nice job on the calorie deficit so far this week you are almost at your goal already. You shouldn’t feel like a loser you motivate me to exercise every time I see your 75min and I am huffing like a 90 year old doing 45min.I don’t know but maybe 1400 calories is too low with how strong of an exerciser you are and how active you are everyday could that be why you wake up hungry because you don’t give yourself enough to eat during the day sorry if my opinion is out of line but you seem to be a very physically active person.Hope you have a great food day today.
No your opinion isn't out of line, I can eat more than 1,400 and maintain, but losing is a different animal. I think my stature and age fight with me on the calorie deficit, I'm short, less than 5'-2", weigh 150ish and I'm also 42, so I have a feeling that a base metabolism for me is probably not much more than 1,400-1,500 to begin with, so even being active it's hard for me to get up over the 3,000 calories burned mark. I think I woke up hungry because I ate dinner about 45 minutes earlier than normal the night before and it was a fairly light meal. I've also been gluten free the past week or so, and sometimes when I do that I have these weird binges at odd hours. I also have been thinking that all the sweat from my workouts is giving me salt cravings so maybe I should add some dill pickles in after dinner to help curb that. But I don't know, I do love those chips, and sooner or later I'm bound to lose control and eat some, and once the dam has been breached...
Old 10-06-2011, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

On the run and still have to take live-in DD for a job interview again today. I was able to log on for only two minutes and started to skim the posts. I got interrupted but was on long enough to see kudos and encouragement on my success so far this week. Kinda lost it at at lunch, but after seeing how you guys were rooting me on, I decided to pull myself up by my bootstraps and try to do some damage control. I SHOULD be able to wind up at OK on calories, just a little over in carbs, but can do nothing more than reduce my sat fat count for today by eating more low sat fat calories. I'll still be pretty much over in sat fat, though.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Amy....woops! I meant the dog. She thinks she is a cat at times.

That type of gardening sounds interesting. This year we just tilled by hand the edge of the yard and put in 8 tomato, 24 green pepper, 4 cukes, 4 watermelons, & 8 strawberries. The strawberries didn't bear fruit but I'm told they are perennial and to leave them in. They are in the end of my flower bed The cukes got eaten by a groundhog and the watermelons didn't grow bigger than a softball for some reason but I am still picking tomatoes & peppers. We both keep saying that if we are really going to garden next year it must have a fence around it because there is too much wildlife in our yard.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker

Terri, one of my best buddies married a man that was raised on a diet of absolute junk food. Seriously his mother still does her grocery shopping at the gas station. My friend and her husband have 4 kids and none of the children will touch a vegetable with a long stick, behavior encouraged by their father no less. He wants to shoot me every time I pull into their driveway with a van full of produce. And to make matters worse most of my gardening is organic, basically because most of the pesticides cost a fortune, so when you wash the produce it has um, critters in it, not a ton, just the usual. I'm used to it and my friend isn't grossed out by them either, but her husband almost had a coronary the time I gave them a tomato worm. If you've never seen a tomato worm, they are about the size of a breakfast sausage, only bright spring green. Mmmmm, protein. Oh and BTW a "smashed potato" is basically a "mashed potato" only you leave the skins on and don't whip all the lumps out. They are faster to make and a bit healthier as the skins are actually nutritious. Who am I kidding, I make them because I hate to peal potatoes.
From the little that I've seen of BF's family's cooking, it seems like he was raised on a meat-and-potatoes type of diet. I think his stepmother does more NOW for the much younger siblings (he has two half-sisters that are... 12 and 13, I think) as one of them has Type I diabetes. BF insists that it's a texture thing.... in his words, when he bites into vegetables, all he tastes is "warm water gushing out of the soft skin" and he thinks it's disgusting. I've tried making veggies every which way - steaming, roasting, grilling, etc. and he says that it's still just "a gush of luke-warm, disgusting, tasteless water" when he bites into it. He'll eat potatoes any which way, raw carrots, broccoli (if covered in cheese - and the florets only, not the stems) and spinach (if it's mixed in with other things or if it's raw spinach leaves, like for salads.) -- I think he actually prefers spinach salads to regular salads. He also eats artichoke dip (but not artichoke). He'll also eat onions if chopped super SUPER fine, to the point where I just don't have time to dice/chop an onion that small. Uhhhh --- that's about it. At least he's not so picky about fruit, though he hates if fruit is combined with a savory meal (i.e. chicken-and-fruit dishes abhor him).

I don't think I'd mind the critters as long as they were easily taken out of the food and didn't damage it to the point where I couldn't eat it, but I probably wouldn't know for sure until confronted with a tomato worm
Old 10-06-2011, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

Since it was so nice today, I took my mom out to lunch. (Always a calorie disaster.) She wanted to go to Hardee's. (Yuck. Home of the 2/3 lb. burger.) Ended up ordering their new turkey burger at 460 calories. (Found out when I got home.) Also found that it was mostly inedible. BIAIA (But I ate it anyway.) If I would have removed the turkey patty and just eaten the bun with tomato, lettuce, onion, etc., it would have tasted the same. I think that's why I eat largely vegetarian.

Looks like garden salads for supper tonight to make up for the fat/carb overload!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

I got another donation today! I also entered in my company match on my site so now I'm up to $655. I'm getting closer to the pink shirt but the shorts are way out of reach.

I know I won't get there so I can safely offer this... if I get to $3000, I'll wear a pink shirt, a tennis skirt and shave my legs! Anyone willing to try to get me to total humiliation?
Old 10-06-2011, 09:17 AM
FitDay Member

Amy Thanks! It’s a good thing you didn’t suggest the driving my parsley around in the car last night I was sooo happy I just might of done it. I also have stature and age working against me 5’2” and 45 for a couple more months but I am glad to hear you can maintain on more than 1400 calories. Chips are not my weakness I will be testing mine tonight when the lovely waitress says would you like another glass of wine….

Quinn I am sorry you didn’t enjoy your burger there is nothing worse than wasting calories on bad food I hope you and your Mom had a nice visit.

April You have a pond and wildlife... Ok I am a little envious right now. I have trees and doggy dodo that needs picked up.

Mike Congrats on your fundraising you are doing awesome.

I will check in late tonight as I won't be done eating or drinking my calories until who knows when.Have a great one everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.