Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3. >

7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3.

Community
Notices

7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:49 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene, yey on dried parsley!

Nailkita, congrats on being able to stay within your limit AND have italian!

Mern, you should be proud you have been doing great. Specially on the exercise, today was just not going to happen for me.

Terri congrats on the new weight! You will be changing decade very soon. I hope you enjoy your new hair style

Jjeand, hope you are getting much needed rest and that your daughter is doing well.

April, glad you enjoyed the time with your dad.

Mike, my leg pain is just diffused right now. Congrats on another donation!
Old 10-05-2011, 05:09 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, I'm currently getting my PhD in astrophysics, so my classes are all labeled Astro 500-something. My current classes are Fundamental Astronomy, Fundamental Astrophysics, and the Intersellar Medium and Star Formation. They're a lot of work, but going fine so far. Good work on the fundraising!

Quinn, believe me, I'm not giving up coffee altogether, just the morning cup. The problem is that my morning coffee is never just one cup, it sort of turns into two, and I take some on the road and the cream just adds up! I could try to limit myself to just one cup, but it's so hard to make only a cup when you have a giant coffee maker. Anyway, I figure it's an easy way to cut out about 200 calories, so I'll take it! The truth is, I just drink it 'cause I like it - the caffeine does nothing for me. I can drink espresso and then go straight to bed if I want to.

Here's my stuff for today:
1.) Stay under 1550 calories/day: 2539/1359/1516
2.) Drink more water than I normally would: OK/Fair/Good
3.) Take multivitamin: Yes/Yes/Yes
4.) Work out 3 times: 1
5.) Finish Astro 502 HW by Wed: Done
6.) Finish Astro 542, 501 HW by Fri: 542 is done/501 is very close!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:12 PM
FitDay Member

Joanna, I forgot to mention the other thing I do with coffee, I put a tablespoon (or 2) of protein powder in it, either chocolate or vanilla depending on my mood. It's very tasty and adds some protein to your morning.

Quinn, I dated one tall guy after another, I even dated a basket ball player that was 6'-8" and still growing. Yikes! Anyway turns out the love of my life is all of 5'-8", and what he lacks in height he makes up for with handiness. That man can fix almost anything. I do however love the "hubby using kitten for a fly swatter" story. Very funny!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report:
Calorie limit 1600 1369, 1230, 1515
Saturated fat average 12% 10%, 11%, 8%
Cholesterol intake average 300mg 295, 248, 260
Carb less fiber limit 25g 21, 24, 23
Fiber target 30g 32, 31, 34
track protein 130g, 114g, 135g
6 servings veggies YES, YES, YES
fish oil and vitamin D YES, YES, YES
artificial sweetener limit 2 packets 2, 3, 4
sugar free candy miniatures limit 2 pieces 2, 2, 2
water 64 oz. YES, YES, about 48
exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES

Last edited by Mern; 10-06-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Mern,

Not only did you climb back on the wagon, but it looks like you're driving it!

Congratulations on a great week!
Old 10-06-2011, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Mern,

Not only did you climb back on the wagon, but it looks like you're driving it!

Congratulations on a great week!
I agree, awesome week for Mern.

Main80, I have a quick but brutal calf exercise for you if you're interested. It would probably take just a minute or two but you'll know they got a workout days later.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

I tried to post this like an hour ago, but for some reason it just went to a blank page and I hadn't realized. Luckily my post was still here when I hit back, trying a different browser :

AHHHH It's Thursday Already?!

Wow So much Green in a lot of your guy's goals, great job!

On the topic of Tall Partner, being 5'11" I'm required to have a tall man I brought home a 5'9" boy home once and my parents spent the whole time making fun of his height (we're all tall in my family). My current partner (6') is very good at the bug killing (even if he makes fun of my whimpering) but apple picking he just carries the basket

I have to say that kitten is far more skilled than mine is... we left Pewter alone with a single fly over a weekend and she was still chasing it when we got home.

Last note before I go insane from my workload: I am sort of used to staying on food budget with pasta/Italian, with my Irish Blood for Potatoes, and his Italian I've learned to budget my day to have room for pasta or potatoes.
Speaking of I'll need to watch my food the rest of this week so I don't feel guilty eating mashed potatoes.

My Goals This Week:
Weight-Wise:
Get back and stay under 200 lbs M=200 T=200 W=200 Th=200
Figure out why I'm gaining (not sure how I'm gaining when I haven't reached my max calories) M=increasing fibre and water, looking into digital scales T=Too Much Salt... W=Green Tea! Th=Still Stuck...
Survive Thanksgiving M=Looking good so far, I insisted on bringing dessert T=Looks like I'm missing my brother for Thanksgiving, which means more leftover turkey for me! W=Waiting Th=Waiting

Other-Wise:

Finish my Portfolio Website M=13 Pictures to go T=No W=Done! Posted, next for mobile version
Get back on track with Freelance work (fell behind this weekend) M=Brain Melted T=Fell Behind W=Caught Up Th=Meeting with Client today
Take Measurements of Kitchen M=No T=No W=No
Old 10-06-2011, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

jj: Huge hugs for you - I can't even imagine anyone in my family (nevermind a child) needing a cardiologist so young. I am glad that she has a diagnosis, and hopefully a better doctor now and medicine that helps her. You're doing wonderfully!

April: You're ahead of me on the savings front!! Someday I want a "Christmas account" and a "regular savings" etc. -- right now BF and I just have one savings account for "emergencies" that we try to keep about $500 in -- the rest is just checking accounts. I have retirement through my job but he has nothing of the sort, and is in the midst of establishing his credit. Mine's a little more longstanding, but I also have the bulk of the bills. He helps when he can, but neither of us make very much money. C'est la vie. I keep telling myself that one day soon I will make enough money to get some breathing room and get off the paycheck-to-paycheck treadmill!!

Joanna: The CC bills ARE annoying. I try to console myself that most of the debt is due to car repairs and necessary traveling, and not clothes and shoes and frivolous things, but dollars and dollars, haha! Why is it that when you lose your job your cars decide to blow up and the roof caves in? No fun at all! Bah!

Amy:
Haha!! I suppose BF and I are DINKs at the moment -- but there's not much in the "income" portion of it. He makes below poverty line, I make barely above it. Between us we're lower-middle income, I suppose. I have checked out couponmom.com before but to be honest it seems like another language entirely for me. Sitting down to clip all those coupons seems like something I don't have time for -- even though I know that's an excuse, and I have to MAKE time if it's important to me. I am happy to find bargains and not ashamed of it, but I think I've also yet to fully embrace it, too. And hoorah for Shepard's pie! BF MAY eat something like that if veggies are covered in gravy, but he's like a veggie ninja - if he sees a hint of green or orange or purple on the plate (gravy-covered or not) he immediately recoils. It's really quite annoying. But I'll have to see about that!! I don't have lamb laying around but I could do pork once I can buy food on Friday... also... is a smashed potato the same as a mashed potato?? Ashamed to say I've never actually made my own mashed potatoes!

Darlene:
You are so sweet!!! Thank you. I actually am often awkward getting my hair done (I am terrible at small talk) but I think I'm going to enjoy it this time! And hey, I'd be the same as you with the parsley, I would feel SO homemaker-empowered!!

Mike:
I would love love love to donate for your cause - I get paid on Friday and I am planning on clicking the link. No matter my own financial straits, it could be worse -- I could have breast cancer! It might not be a big donation, but I want to! The make-up is a regular thing - I need to get my hair on board though. I've been cheating and doing ponytails.

On height of SO's: BF is an even 6'0" - but I think stature is less important than how big a guy THINKS he is. BF is good for killing everything except bees. We're both bee-phobes!! Usually I end up screeching enough that he kills it just to get me to shut up, though

quinn: Those recipes look delish!

Mern: Look at that green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Main80: Thanks! I'm not going for anything drastic - just going to get my ends trimmed of the split ends and lighten up my color some.

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Achieve an average between 1200-1400 calories for the week. No single day over 1600 cals. M: 1,090 T: 1,338 W: 1,418 (Week Average: 1,282)
2) Exercise 3-4 times this week M: Day off T: Zumba Cardio Party W: Day off
3) Calorie deficit of 5,000-7,000 M: -746 T: -1,121 W: -409 (Week Total: -2,276)
4) At least 80 oz. of water daily M: No T: yes W: no
5) Multivitamin daily M: yes T: yes W: yes
6) Weigh in Monday and Friday M: 163.2 T: No weighing W: Weighed unofficially - 161.6!!

Other Goals

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: no makeup T: yes W: yes
2) Take some "time out" for myself every day M: yes T: yes W: yes
3) Cross-stitch; post pictures! M: No T: No W: No

Feeling good this week - I'm hoping weigh-in on Friday gives me as good of news as I got on Wednesday!!

Happy Thursday all,

~Terri
Old 10-06-2011, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nailkita
I tried to post this like an hour ago, but for some reason it just went to a blank page and I hadn't realized. Luckily my post was still here when I hit back, trying a different browser :
That has been an on going issue. If you type anything long be sure to copy it, just in case it goes blank, then you can paste it in another post.

Originally Posted by taubele
Mike: I would love love love to donate for your cause - I get paid on Friday and I am planning on clicking the link. No matter my own financial straits, it could be worse -- I could have breast cancer! It might not be a big donation, but I want to! The make-up is a regular thing - I need to get my hair on board though. I've been cheating and doing ponytails.
Thank you so much. You're right, we could always have it worse. Kinda like the man that complained about not having shoes, until he saw the guy with no feet.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes, T: No, W: Yes,
2. No stuffing junk in my mouthM: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
3. Exercise when hubby leaves for work Weds-Sat M/T: N/a, W: 45min!,
4. Limit to one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
5. No added salt on my plate except specific foodsM: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,

Life Goals
1. Enjoy visit with Dad M&T: Yes! Too short but it was great.
2. Cross-stitch project M: No, T: Yes (1-1/2hrs), W: No,

I skipped my workout this morning because I was so tired. I should have just done it because I am still tired and it is so hard to drag yourself back out of bed only 30-40 minutes after you lay down. I don't think I am doing that anymore unless I'm really sick which is very rare for me. I hardly ever get sick. Just run down at TOTM but who doesn't.

I got out into the yard (by the pond) and moved about 1/3 of the tiger lilies. I am spreading them out to try and naturalize a wet area so we don't have to mow it. Even in the hottest of summer that spot is wet enough to leave marks in the dirt from the mower. Then along the front edge of the lilies I am going to make a line of hostas. I have to move the hostas so when he fills in further with slate (for a future garage he wants to build) they don't get smooshed by rocks rolling on them. I just hope the hostas can stand the wet. They will be in mostly sun though so I am told as long as their roots are cool they will be okay. They should be cool in the moist dirt.

I want to get out in the yard and clean up the flower beds and pots this weekend. Maybe trim the forsynthia hedge from hell one more time before it snows too. Then all day Sunday I will have company. She wants to learn how to make pumpkin rolls and I told her to bring the ingredients and we will do it in my kitchen. She is also bringing a crock pot filled with beef roast and all the fixins and I will just need to make something to go along with that. I am thinking chicken pot pie empanadas would be good.

Amy ... I would kill to have a 2 acre garden. We only own about .8 of an acre though so I am thinking something smaller like 20x40ft or so. That is if we can do it this coming year. We'll have to see.

Darlene ... I would be the same way with the parsley. I get very proud of myself for accomplishing new things. Especially if they better our home or save us money.

Joanna ... I'm with you on the caffeine. I could sleep while drinking a diet coke. It has no effect. I like it, but it doesn't keep me awake or anything.

Quinn ... Your kitten sounds so cute! I love when they are stalking a bug. My bug stalker is a little bigger at about 50-55 lbs! I have a tall hubby too but I am a tall girl so I rarely have to ask him to do things for me. Quite often at the grocery store though ladies will ask him to reach things down for them from a high shelf. ... he gets embarrassed. He's only 6'1" or so.

Terri ... We haven't started our 'regular' savings account yet. I will after the Christmas one matures this month. That way they will match each other. Looks like according to the bank to keep it free of fees I have to make that $25/week into each account. That's okay though. As far as money goes...there is never enough. Honestly we make the most we have ever made in our lives and we still live pretty much paycheck to paycheck. We are able to adjust things to afford expenses when we have to but if anything major were to happen we have nothing saved and don't even have a credit card to put it on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.