Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12 >

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Community
Notices

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Old 09-15-2011, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Fitness/Health Goals
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes (90oz), W: Yes (96oz),
2. work out Weds, Thurs, Fri M/T: N/A, W: 40min, Th: 35min,
3. Walk M-F if not raining M: 35min, T: 24min, W: 24min,
4. Stop stuffing junk in my mouth M: Yes!, T: Yes, W: Yes,

Home/Life Goals
1. Don't kill my son tonight (he got in school suspension today) He is still alive
2. Keep laundry done up M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,

For some reason the water is going down easily this week. Lately I've been struggling to get any more than 40oz during the work day but this week I've gotten in my 80oz during work so anything in the evening is a bonus! I've also been thirsty for milk recently and before I rarely ever drank milk. I don't drink alot of it but I will pour a glass a few times a week now. We use 1% at our house.

I'm sitting at work on such a dark & rainy day eating yogurt and a half cup of dry honey bunches of oats with almonds. Worked out for 35 min this morning. Working a little extra hard this week on the workouts so I feel them the rest of the day. Actually woke up a little sore this morning. But it's a good sore.

Ok...off to read posts so I can respond back to you all! Have a great day!!
Old 09-15-2011, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

Hope you get the kids off without a smackdown, almeeker. Sounds like you enjoyed the farmer's market. I love Pink Lady and Gala both; a cross between them would be awesome. We're hoping to go apple picking and hiking on Saturday. The shop at the orchard does all sorts of evil things like fried pies, homemade fudge, specialty breads...it's very tempting.

April, good job on the water. Maybe it's just becoming a habit for you now; another healthy one. I love a good sore, too.

Happy Thursday, everyone!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Mike... Sorry you were in such pain last night and hope it has eased for you. Let's see ... the projects LOL First we have a '96 Mustang GT 5.0 It has all sorts of race parts. Right now it is on jack stands in my driveway with the rearend on sawhorses in the garage. The motor & transmission are pulled out too. He isn't sure how far he is going with this one as it isn't one that his heart is really into it was just something he sort of ended up with in a trade deal. He is putting new trailing arms (I think) on the rearend is why it is out. The second one he just got about a month ago. It's a '94 S10 regular cab. Don't remember if it is 4wd or not. It is setup for a v8 motor. The frame has been narrowed 5" and it has a Ford 9" rear / minispool so it can be tubbed out and made into a drag truck. There is no motor or transmission with this one at all. The interior has a roll cage built in and the rest of the interior is pretty much stripped since it was a drag project before he got it. The newest one if this deal goes as expected is an '80 Camaro. This one will be a complete car (not that the Mustang isn't...he just tore it apart). It isn't together either though It will come with a 350 and a 383 stroker, a 4spd and a turbo 350 automatic extra doors, fenders, rearend, subframe, interior in the car plus racing seats, etc etc etc. He is really looking to do this deal so he can put this camaro back together and then use the other motor/trans for the S10. So it's like a 2 for 1 deal.

Rose...Thank you for the encouragement! You sound like you had an awesome workout today! That breast cancer marathon sounds like a wonderful event.

Ann... 1 more to go! At this rate I am sure you can do it.

Darlene... the walk to the waterfall sounds wonderful. Sure you were sore when you got back, but hey! You did it!

Terri... did you do it? Did you put on a nice outfit and fix your hair and makeup? I wanna hear some good comments if you did.

Amy...I love a good apple. Granny Smith are my favorites. I love the crunch! I could think of much worse things to be derailed by but it still doesn't feel good. I laughed when you wrote HRH and then explained it. That sums it up so well. I hope she is out of her funk now.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! It is raining here so probably no walking on lunch today though.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz

Terri... did you do it? Did you put on a nice outfit and fix your hair and makeup? I wanna hear some good comments if you did.
I did! Here's proof! (And please, please excuse the dirty bathroom mirror. This is my boyfriend's bathroom and he doesn't clean it as well as I clean mine. I was like UGH but didn't want to re-take the picture. I'll yell at him later.)

Old 09-15-2011, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Good for you girl!! You look good! Bet you hear some nice things at work today.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

Mike -

Well ran 4 miles last night without stopping so really happy about that. And this morning when I woke up...BAM...down to 155.5. So half a pound less that when I drank myself to sleep every night on vacation! So this slacker ain't slacking off this week! Glad everything went well with your epidural. When I was pregnant and went into labor, I got one. Then it didn't work. The doc couldn't believe it and asked if I were sure. Uh, yeah I think I would know if it's working or not when a kid is trying to come out of ya! Needless to say got another one and that worked like a charm.

Going to hit the gym at lunch today and just lift to give the legs a rest and then planning on running another 4-5 tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

April: Your cross-stitching is beautiful!!!! I think that since I'm taking tonight off from working out, I'll take the opportunity to get a couple of hours done on mine, and I'll post some pictures! The one I'm working on is gigantic, but hopefully the stitching will still look good, lol. Great job with your walking!

Tanya: I hope your back is feeling better!!

Mike: I hope YOUR back is feeling better too. I posted a picture just for you and April of my efforts at making myself purty And hey -- how am I supposed to do my makeup while driving if I'm talking on the phone and eating? Duh. LOL about your question for the nurse, what did she say??

Amy: LOL at that cross-stitch story!!! What a great memory to have associated with an item that you can keep for a very long time to remind you of such a woman About your high-cal day: live and learn, and adjust on the weekends - maybe you were having a "hungry day" too! Galas crossed with Pink Ladies sound like heaven in apple form - Pink Lady apples are my absolute FAVE, but Galas are up there! Boo to HRH, just get her out the door and get some peace!

Ann: You are KILLING it girl, I don't think anyone (even Mike!) could call you a slacker! Way to go!

Dar n: I find my last post, copy and paste onto Notepad. Then I type out everything along with my responses and slap it into fitday for formatting the post

Cassie: Good for you on being able to stop - I think that's one for the win column. Sometimes I chalk those days up to "hungry days" and leave it at that.

Rose: Whooooo I can't wait to see your deficit girl!

Wednesday Report Card

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Achieve an average between 1200-1400 calories for the week (no single day over 1600) M: 1,402 T: 1,454 W: 1,059 (Week Average: 1,305)
2) Zumba and/or 30DS 4 times. Extra sparkly stickers if I work out 5 times. M: Zumba Live! Cardio - 807 calorie burn in 55 minutes! T: Day off W: Zumba Sculpt & Tone
3) Achieve a deficit of at least 5,000 calories M: -1,164 T: -404 W: -1,381 (Week Total: -2,949)
4) 80 oz. of water daily M: yes T: yes W: yes
5) Eat a serving of fruit or vegetables with every meal M: no (dinner) T: yes W: yes
6) Average 30% protein on the pie chart for the week M: 31% T: 28% W: 31% (Weekly Average 30%)
7) No more than 2 lunches and 2 dinners out M: Lunch Out T: No eating out W: No eating out (Total 1 Lunch, 0 Dinners)
8) NO WEIGHING UNTIL FRIDAY MISSY. M: Was weigh-in day - 165.4 T: Skipped it! W: Skipped it

Other Life Stuff

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Halfway (No makeup) T: Halfway (no makeup) W: Halfway (no makeup)
2) For goodness sakes, do the mending M: No T: No W: I thought about it, does that count?
3) Remember to take some "time out time" for myself every day M: yes T: yes W: yes
4) Get some cross-stitching done - maybe post pictures for encouragement! M: none done T: Nope W: Nope

I tried the Zumba "Sculpt and Tone" DVD yesterday, and I found it really interesting.

There is still cardio mixed in, so I got a ~640 calorie burn in 45 minutes. The "Toning" part is that there are more lunges and squats in the dance movements, and you're also shaking around 2 1 lb. maracas in each hand, many times over your head.

Some of the exercises worked with the maracas - I could feel the shoulder exercises, for example, and my legs were getting a decent burn from the squats and lunges - but the bicep and tricep exercises didn't work for me. What I may do next time is on those exercises where I feel like I'm not getting a burn, I'll switch to a 2 lb. or 3 lb. weight that I have at home and see if that helps. It is difficult, however, to do the dance moves with your legs AND move your arms a lot more, so I worked up a good sweat regardless!!! I think I was panting more during this one than with the straight cardio! I don't know if switching to heavier weights will throw off my balance, but it'll be a learning process. This DVD also had different dances, like flamenco, African beats, and belly-dancing, so it was fun to get new dance moves thrown at me on the fly. Fastest 45 minutes ever.

This morning I've got a good soreness in my shoulders and back, as well as my calves. I also feel really "light" today, so I'm excited for the scale tomorrow. Anyone else ever get that "light" feeling?

Part of my good mood may be that I sucked it up and got back to my hair and makeup routine -- I'm still dragging myself out of bed, but going through the whole routine actually woke me up a lot more than the other mornings I'd skipped it. I feel bright-eyed and bushy-tailed today.

Also, when I walked into the lab, my boss and one of my grad students were in there. At the same time they both blurted out "Aww, you look nice today!!" So hey, the compliments came!

I hope others are having a fantastic Thursday!!

~Terri
Old 09-15-2011, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Everyone. I'll will reply to everyone when I get a chance. Been super busy today.

Terri, I'm glad to see that you got made up. How do you feel now? Let us know if you get any more comments today!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-15-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everybody, I'm just checking in over lunch. I don't have time to respond to everyone, as there are 18 quarts of tomatoes stewing in the kitchen, and only about 90 minutes to deal with them before the invasion, um, I mean when the darling children get home from school. HRH did finally make it off to school, but man was she HORRIBLE this morning. At the end of last school year DH and I figured out that if she ate a bite of something first thing in the morning before getting in the shower, she was a very easy kid, but if she waited to eat until after the shower and the whole "get dressed and ready" thing, she was a candidate for open adoption. Since she doesn't wake up hungry, this solution requires parental supervision (meaning a parent has to break apart a granola bar and feed it to her, this morning all I did was say "eat something" as I finished up on the elliptical, which got me no where). We just have to get it together for the school routine, that's all. Maybe tomorrow will be better, hopefully anyway. Who am I kidding? Tomorrow is picture day, with 3 DD's it's going to be a total nightmare!!!

Last edited by almeeker; 09-15-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Maybe tomorrow will be better, hopefully anyway. Who am I kidding? Tomorrow is picture day, with 3 DD's it's going to be a total nightmare!!!
I will light a candle and pray for you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.