Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 09-30-2010, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Well done farah!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to say how pleased i am for you-well done! I can bet that your feeling on top of the world now the scales are reading exactly what you want. Whats 0.6 it be gone tomorrow! You are an inspiration to me since i started fitday i read all your posts and knew how hard you worked to get there. There were weeks when it was tough but you pulled through and didnt give up. Theres nothing you cant do!!!
I hope i can say the same in December and im trying so hard these last few weeks an im finally under 12 stone,only just but im not going back up there-not a chance.
I need to up my exercise because no matter how much i walk my body seems to have got used to it.
CONGRATULATIONS Farah-you truly deserve it. Dont go far from the forums ive been looking on here for your posts and im so gload that the post i found was with you ecstatic at reaching goal. You should have seen the smile spread across my face!!
Sending you lots of well done wishes. Good Work
Old 09-30-2010, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

Thank You for your beautifull message Tracey! you are so amazing yourself and i won't go anywhere, i wll be here to celebrate the day you reach your goal with you!
you know we do have ups and downs in our journeys but what matters it's to never give up and always try to get to our goal and i do see it in you and i know you will get there soon!
Again, thank you for the nice words my dear friend and take care!
Old 10-04-2010, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

I`m brand spanking new to this forum, but I`m far from new to dieting. When I was in my twenties and a slim 130 pounds, I never had to think about losing weight. My problems began in my thirties and I eventually wound up weighing 205 pounds about eight years ago.

I managed to get myself down to 190 pounds, but there I`ve stopped and I`m desperate. At fifty-five, my age isn`t helping me. Actually it`s been years since I`ve lost an ounce!

Arg-g-g-g-g-g-ghhhhh!

I hope this forum and website helps me out!

Starting weight: 190 lbs.
Current weight: 190 lbs.
Goal weight: 160 lbs.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:11 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome stormaf- you will find lots of support and advice here on the forums. Although i attend weightwatchers meetings the only people i really turn to apart from my partner are the women on fitday. I do have good support from friends and family but they dont truly understand how important getting to goal is for me. Once again a big welcome and keep us posted on your progress.
As for myself i lost 4lbs at my weigh in on Tuesday and i was really pleased. I did have too much to eat on Tuesday evening but ive been doing fairly okay since then so im hoping for a loss next week.
The weekend is here and ive been shopping and got all my healthy supplies to keep me going all stocked up. The kiddies are at their dads this weekend and i tend to snack when im bored so ive gotta find some things to keep me busy. But sfter such a busy week and no hardly any sleep i will be happy for the rest and a good decent lie in.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

i wonder what happened to the ladies of the 30 lb club? have you all lost the weight and is that why this thread is not active anymore?
Old 11-06-2010, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Farah there hasnt seemed to have been a post here for a long time. I have been posting in the 14 weeks to xmas thread!
Im not at goal yet and after doing great for last 3 weeks ive had a bad few days and im finding it really hard to get back on track. All the treats in for Halloween hasnt helped! I shouldnt have bought so many! Once i started i just havent stopped.
Everytime i have a binge i feel like rubbish so why cant i learn and break the cycle. Even though the scales havent changed too much i feel HUGE and lack any confidence. I really need to pick myself back up because i really want to get to goal.
Im feeling pretty ashamed and guilty about all the bad food ive crammed in and wishing i could turn back the clock 72 hours.
Hope you are ok???
Old 11-08-2010, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies,
I apologize for not being here! I'm so please to see you all doing well. I've been at the same weight for the past month. No change! : ( It's been a little crazy with my job and life. I coach field hockey and this season didn't go well...mentally and physically. I struggled with a lot of attitudes on my team that led us to not be successful. It caused much stress and sleepless nights on my part. It's sad when I put more time and energy into something and the kids didn't appreciate it. As a result, I found myself under so much stress that I missed a period. (sorry for the TMI) Guess what my first thought was? That I was preggo. So, that added to my stress. My little guy is only 19 months and I wasn't sure if we were ready for #2. Then, I kept getting upset because of my weight loss goal of Dec. I didn't want to lose you ladies on this forum!!! It has been my saving grace for my stress and food urges!
With that being said, I'm not pregnant! I was only 3 weeks late, and I blame it on my players who caused me so much stress. I have never felt like that in my entire life. Through it all, I ate and ate! Luckily I didn't gain weight, but I didn't lose any either. So now, my husband and I are vowing to work out! I need to...I can't stand seeing all of you getting closer to your goals and me just HERE....DOING NOTHING. So, thanks for keeping me going even though I've been nonexistent for a month. I'm back and I'm ready to lose weight.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Reviving the thirty pound club!

Hi everyone - anyone out there with a 30-pound goal?

I hate to say it, but despite my best intentions and attempts, I seem to be someone whose weight yo-yos. I know, I know, that's the worst thing. I keep resolving to do the right things, and it sticks for a while, and then I get distracted and off track.

So I'm back again, now needing to lose 30 pounds, with my short-term goal to lose 13 pounds in 2 months. I figured 100 grams a day isn't expecting too much, and I know from experience that the first 6-8 lbs come off quickly and easily.

My plan:

logging foods,
sticking to the right calorie intake,
avoiding carbs, which are my downfall,
and starting to exercise again.

Anyone else trying to lose 30?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Banned

I'm right around that range right now...
Old 03-14-2011, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default *Fingers crossed with support*

Hi all,
I'm a 23 year old grad student, and I work my butt off (unfortunately, not literally!) =P and essentially do double the max number of hours they recommend working per week to get myself through school.
I have been a yo-yo dieter for years, and tend to stress eat... which is not good for losing weight.
So this isn't easy...
I've gained about 8 pounds since beginning grad school in August, because of not having time to work out more than once a week...
But I want to put a stop to it. I want to be healthy by:
- Eating more whole foods
- Not stress eating
- Working out at least 4 days / week
- Not eating ANY sugar
- Minimizing processed foods
I am hoping with all the help and support from you wonderful ladies (from what I've read in the previous posts), I will be able to once and for-all get to and meet my goal.

Goal: 140 lbs.
Currently at: 167 lbs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.