Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 09-17-2010, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the warm welcomes and the support guys. I am going to need it this weekend, my son turns 5 and he is having 2 parties ( one for friends, one for families)so that means twice the cake and twice the ice cream oh no!!!!!

Hopefully I will be good, I have managed to keep my calories between 1500-1700 for the past ten days so I hope not to go over that!

Fingers crossed for me
Old 09-18-2010, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

ROBYNHOERR,

I WOULD LOVE A PARTNER!! I really need someone who is in the same boat as me and you really do appear to be in my same boat. What is the best way to do this? I am getting motivated just from reading your reply. LET'S DO THIS!!!!

Last edited by mommasleep; 09-18-2010 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Add a name
Old 09-18-2010, 06:40 PM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies. Welcome aboard newbies.

I havent posted in a while because I've been busy with family and trying to figure this crazy stubborn weight.

I'm really stuck in an unforgiving plateau right now and I need some encouragement and ideas on how to start losing weight again. I realized that after a while, walking isnt sufficient enough for my body anymore. Even though I enjoyed it. So I decided to join the gym at the local YMCA. I do the treadmill with 5.0 incline (like walking up a hill) at 3 mph for 35 minutes. Then I get on the bike for 25 minutes. I use my 3rd day in the aerobics class and that is 1 hour. I've been there for about 3 weeks now and I managed to lose only 1 pound. The scale is going in the right direction but 1 pound every 3 weeks isn't cutting it for me. I know I can do better than that. I'm still eating right. Excersizing 3 days a week. I wanted to lose all this weight by the end of October. I don't see that happening. I guess I have to join the ladies that are aiming for Christmas. Not that Christmas is a bad thing but I've been at this since April. At this rate I might end up at my goal weight by summer next year. Kind of losing hope.

Any suggestions?

I'm in desperate need of some.

starting weight 156lbs
current weight 137lbs
goal weight 125lbs

Last edited by vickytoria3112; 09-18-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:43 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hiya Farah-wow youve nearly reached goal-well done youre doing brilliantly.
I had al the stress with my daughter being poorly and i really wasnt in the right frame of mind for losing weight. I found it so hard staying on track without weightwatchers-it was all too easy to go and eat something i shouldnt. Im so much more determined now ive gone back to weightwatchers and im doing much better knowing that im getting weighed every tuesday. Im paying for it and im not spending the weekly fee to not lose weight!! Hey i missed you too and did think how you were doing-im really glad im back!! My summer wasnt too bad-went really quickly but managed to get some really great days out with the kids so that was good. Ive gotta say though that im glad they back at school and we are all back in the routine. Im getting more exercise and the kids are glad that they can see their friends again.

Well done on having only 3.4lbs to lose til goal,that is fantastic and i bet your feeling great?
Old 09-18-2010, 10:01 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Xarinn- keep strong and think about goal to help you steer clear from too much cake and sweet stuff. Stay busy-im sure you will be okay but enjoy the celebrations and keep posted. Good luck

Vickytoria- you sound just as i did-all i do is walk and it wasnt doing nothing to my weight cos ive been doing it for too long. I stayed at the same weight,going up a couple of pounds and back down to the same for months.
I knew that it was only possible for me to lose weight if i went back to weightwatchers and low and behold in my first week i managed to shift 4lbs. Im now back on track.
I also had stress with family and id make countless attempts to lose weight on my own. Writing lists of foods,targets etc but it all went out the window because i had no motivation.
Congratulate yourself for making changes and doing more exercise. The weight willl come off and even if it takes longer then you would have hoped you will get there. Youre making great changes for your overall health and remember how far you have come. Good luck
Old 09-18-2010, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Xarinn - I know you can do it! Just keep reminding yourself of this group when you go to reach for a piece of cake.

Vickytoria = definitely look at what traceymc has to say! I've been struggling since this time last year. I, of course, didn't exercise. This past summer I finally started exercising 5 days a week. I noticed a difference right away. Now i'm at a stand still. I will have to change more of my eating. STAY STRONG! NO GIVING UP!
Kudos to weight watchers. I am not that disciplined. I tried it, but I could do it. (If someone could just tell me what my meals were I'd be happy!) I've heard and seen great things with weight watchers.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:24 PM
FitDay Member

So yesterday, we had a town festival with crafts and FOOD!!!! I did well with only sticking to lunch and no little snacks at each stand! But as we were nearing the end, I ran into an old friend from high school. We said hi, gave each other a big hug, and then I wanted to disappear and run a marathon. With a big smile, she said, "Oh are you having another baby?!" Mortifying!!!!!!!!!! I simply tried to laugh it off and say no, this is just my baby belly from my first one (who is 18 months old). Needless to say, I ate very little for dinner last night. Seriously! She's even pregnant with her second one so you would think that she would know not to ask people those questions! UGH!!!!!!!! I hope everyone had a better weekend than mine!
Old 09-19-2010, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

hey Guys

Managed to get through one birthday party so far with no cake and ice cream eaten, to tell the truth I didn't even have much of a chance to think about it dealing with 5 5 year olds and 2 3 year olds I was way to busy.

One to go today and I think I should be fine.

Vicky- Have you tried doing just mini- bursts of calorie burning things. I found that when I was losing weight between my son and my daughter that really helped. If I was watching TV for example everytime a commercial came on I would do jumping jacks for the entire commercial break. It was just enough to sort of bump start things with our having to radically change my day. Don't know if that will help but its worth a try, what's the worst that's going to happen? a few extra calories burned?....lol
Old 09-19-2010, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Firstly Kellykelly- i had the same thing happen to me on a night out years ago when i was at my heaviest and i too was devastated as i was in denial and thought i wasnt as big as i thought. God was i wrong when i saw the pics-that was all i needed. Id love to see them people now though when im 4 and a half stone lighter!! Whatever people say just use it to your advantage and think well wait and see in a few months time. Ive had years of people doubting me and saying comments that were really uncalled for at times. They just dont seem to realise how much it hurts. Like i say to all the members remember how far you have come and be proud of the small steps we all make to change and making ourselves healthier!! Good luck-youre doing great!
Xarinn- well done for the party i knew having little ones to run around after you wouldnt have the time to stop. Also i like the idea of bursts of exercise on the ad breaks-im going to try that! Every bit of exercise counts! Good luck for party number 2 and keep up the good work.

As for me well ive nearly got through Sunday and so far so good. Ive had a fatfree yoghurt and fruit for breakfast. My friend called for a coffee in afternoon so that kept me calorie free for a couple of hours, for dinner ive had a BIG plate of roasted veggies and a small bit of pasta. I need big portions cos i like feeling full or i want something else. But if its veg or salad its only a good thing i guess. Kids had the last bit of icecream for pudding and i sat and logged in here with a cup of tea so was good and didnt have any. Too full from tea also! Its been the first Sunday in a long time that i havent blown the diet so im feeling positive.
Weigh in on Tuesday and im hoping for a loss no matter how big or small. Every pound is a still a pound. I always say to everyone its not a race-we are all different and everyone loses weight differently. I do weightwatchers with a friend and try not to get competitive although a little bit can be healthy maybe.
Heres to a good week for everyone!!!!!

Starting weight- 234lb (16st 10lbs)
Current weight-170lb (12st 2lbs)-how i cant wait to be in the 160's!!!
Goal weight- 140lb (10st)- then we will see from there if i want to lose anymore
Old 09-19-2010, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Just want to say its great to be back-done me the world of good!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.