Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 07-24-2010, 11:17 PM
FitDay Member

Default Just joined this week!

About 5 years ago, I was diagnosed with a Thyroid Eye Disease, fortunately I had a mild case and although my eyes look different than before, if you just met me, you wouldn't know I had it. At the time of the dx I weighed 167 and was 5 ft 5 in. Well, I went on a health kick an got down to 134 and felt great! I was taking supplements - Flax seed oil, beta sistosterol, and a variety of other things. My thyroid was stable initially, but then within 6 months, I went Hypothyroid. Once I got my Hypothyroid dx, I started to gain my weight back. In June this year I weighed 180.

I also have had IBS-D since my late 20's. I am now 50. Typically in the past, I would only have symptoms around my period, but now I started in Menopause, I had been having symptoms all the time.

So, I had my routine PE last Monday and my Dr. tells me that I am vitamin D deficient and need rx strength Vitamin D for 8 weeks and that my HDL went from 67 last year to 41 this year. SO, I believe it is linked... my IBS-d contributed to my vitamin D deficency and that contributed to my lower HDL. She gave me Levbid to help with IBS-d and am feeling a lot better this past week. My dr wants to be drop to 150, I want to drop to 140. But would be totally happy with 145.

I really like this website and joined on Tuesday. I have dropped 7 lbs since June and now weight 173. I am already feeling better. My dr. also wants me to stay away from milk products and take soy.

Linda
Old 07-25-2010, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Linda! My heart goes out to you for all the medical struggles you've been going through. I hope you continue to succeed and continue to feel better!
Old 07-25-2010, 12:13 PM
FitDay Member

I had an awesome week! I lost my first 10 lbs. then I lost #11lb!!! I have been using whey protein powder right after I walk on my treadmill. I have been walking 5 miles a day and yoga once a week. So high protein low carbs is doing the trick! Now I am no longer obese and just over weight! Hoot Hoot heavy weight here I come!!
Old 07-25-2010, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Hi There!
I have about 30-35 ps. to loose and I keep losing and gaining the same 10pds. hopefully with the food journal I can stay on track this time.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats, mshacka!!! That's awesome! Sounds like you're on the right track...keep up the good work. =)

Welcome, monte1! Definitely use the food journal to track every single thing you eat and drink. That helps a lot!
Re: losing and gaining the same 10 lbs over and over, try thinking about your journey as a healthy lifestyle, not a diet. If you think about it as a diet, you'll probably restrict yourself like crazy, make changes that you can't keep up forever, and as soon as you stop the diet, you'll gain back what you lost. If you make healthy lifestyle changes, there won't be a diet to go on and off from. You'll just be eating the best you can whenever you can. If you slip up and have a bad snack or meal or day, you can just get back on track at the next meal. As someone who's gained and lost the same weight a million times over, this mindset is what has finally worked for me!
Best of luck. =)
Old 07-26-2010, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Fletch. I'm getting ready to walk 12 miles today and hopefully that will off set some of the calories. I'm in training for a half marathon on Aug. 14th. so I'm hoping to shave a few min. off my last time, which was 3:20.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, I'm back from my walk but only walked 6.5 miles, instead of the 12, it was just too hot! I used the activity section to add up my workout and it calculated that I burned 2,500. calories on my walk. Do you think that's accurrate? Seems like alot to me?
Old 07-26-2010, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, there's nothing "only" about 6.5 miles! That's awesome! Especially in the heat. Did you make sure to hydrate before, during, and after?

I agree, that seems like a lot just for the walk. What activity did you enter? Did you enter the time or miles?
Old 07-27-2010, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

I entered the "brisk walking", which I do, but seems like alot.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats to everyone losing! It seems like every time I get on here i see more and more positive results. It certainly brightens my day! I'm very moved by everyone! Yesterday was my first official workout in exactly one month (since I had my wisdom teeth taken out). It was great. My husband and I pushed the stroller for our run. We only did 1.76 miles in 16 minutes. Today we are pushing for 20 minutes. I felt so out of shape, but it felt nice and relaxing.

If you didn't catch my post earlier, I started to use RUNKEEPER.COM. It's very cool because you can plan your run on a map, know your distance. When you come back, you can log your time and it will calculate your calories burned and how fast you ran! It's pretty neat.

At any rate, I gained a few but managed to take them back off. I am hoping for 3-5 less pounds by the end of the week with my running in this terrible heat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.