Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 07-20-2010, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

farab7,
I am kind of a sodium junkie, I guess I really need to be watching that too. Man, so many different numbers to watch. Good news though, despite the 3.5 poundage gain, check out my newest measurements.

chest-40 ( maybe a measuring flaw, or my push-ups)
waist- 33 ( so happy)
hips- 45

for those of you who don't know I use some of these measurements to determine my body fat %, military style. When I started my dieting I was according to their measurements 42& body fat, I am now 38% body fat which is a whole 4% loss which is AWESOME!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hi

I just recently joined fitday. its awesome and so nice to have a website that does all this and is free. The likes of weightwatchers and slimming world you gotta pay member fees then monthly payments.

I am 23yrs old and 4ft11" (yes im a titch. no jokes please. heard em all an sick of hearing repeats) and currently weigh 145lbs and would like to be 112lbs.

i had a baby 4 months ago which was im afraid to say not a pleasant experience. after 22 hours of labour my baby was born by c section. she is perfectly healthy but i was left with an internal infection which developed into a septic abscess that left me less than 24 hours from death. After having an emergency operation to have this drained i was left with an open wound and had to have a negative pressure vaccum machine on. (look it up. negative pressure wound therapy. not nice at all)

although that came off after 6 weeks a second infection started collecting so a mini drain had to be put in to get rid of the new collection before it started going septic.

today 4 months on i still have to get dressing changes for my wound although i am coming to the end of it healing now.

I have been left with a destroyed stomach. There is no chance of me getting a washboard stomach because my stomach muscles were destroyed from the birth, the operation and the not being able to eat for 2 weeks while i was in intensive care.

However I am still 3st over my pre-pregnancy weight and I would like to lose this in the hope that my stomach might pull back a bit and i can wear at least size 10 clothes if not size 6-8 like before. Sorry if i keep saying stone instead of lbs. Im from England UK. I imagine the majority of you are from the USA so i will try and use lbs as much as possible but if i dont you can convert by multiplying the number of stone by 14 (14lb to 1 stone).

So to get me started i would like to make my first weight loss goal 30lbs then i will just have 12lbs left to lose after that.

It would be great if i could reach my ultimate goal by christmas so i can wear a pretty dress for my works christmas do. that is my motivation.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:46 PM
FitDay Member

I am really new to all of this. This message is just to see how it works.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone
Well im going from a really good week last week to one that could have been alot better this week. Had too many treats and ive had some bad carb cravings last 2 days so im feeling sluggish. I know that i wouldnt feel like this if i didnt give in. I did choose wholegrain carbs though so at least thats something.
I need to learn when im full and not to carry on eating and make myself uncomfortable!!
Well done Farah you are going to be at goal very soon!!! Keep going!
The kids break up this week for summer so im going to make sure that i keep going through the holidays. Last year i lost 22lbs in the 7 weeks they were off so lets hope i can do it again but that was when i started so i dont expect it to be that much this year!

Starting weight-234lbs
Current weight-170lbs
Goal weight-140-145lbs
Old 07-21-2010, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy

Thanks to fitday i could see that today i ate more than i burned. All because of one snickers bar. If i had not had then my calories burnt would be higher than calories ate on my chart.

Its a lesson to us all ladies. It only takes something so small to undo a lot of hard work.

Will do better tomorrow. Hoping to lose at least 1lb by the end of the week so i know my weight loss is finally starting to get into gear.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:34 PM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone...it's been a few weeks since I last posted. It took me some time to go back and read what I missed. But, WELCOME everyone who is new! You'll totally love this site. I have been having good and bad days with my eating. Last weekend we threw a surprise 40th anniversary party for my parents. My sisters and I made all of the food for 100+ people. I've been eating the leftovers since! Not good!

On a better note...last week I weighed myself (pre-party weight) and I lost 11 lbs. I am so pumped. I've been cutting out soda as much as possible. I do have to sneak one every now and then. : ( Plus, my little 1 yr old is keeping me busy in the pool. He loves to swim.

So, keep up the hard work ladies. And, THANKS....this is the moral support I need.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

I forgot to post his in my last one.....I have been trying to get back into my running. I found this cool website that tracks how far you ran, your time, and calories burned. It's worth checking out!

runkeeper.com
Old 07-22-2010, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

I did much better today than yesterday. Ate around 1800 calories and burnt 2000. Whoop Whoop. Its great the feeling you get when you realise you have done well.

I managed my 10,000 steps. Well actually i did 11,000. plus 10 minutes dancing this morning. Would of been more dancing but my little one wasnt givin me the time to but not complainin. I just made up for it with the walking as took her out to the park.

Roll on tomorrow. I am psyched.

I think i might step on scales tonight and see if there is any change yet. Even though my weigh in day is Sunday
Old 07-23-2010, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

hello everyone!
well, i'm counting down the lbs to go now, got 9 more lbs to go, i've heard the last 10 lbs are the hardest to come off, but i've got time and i'll be really patient. i don't think i'll make my goal date, was supposed to be Aug 13, but it doesn't matter, what matters is that i have lost 8% body fat, got only 9 lbs to lose and over my healthy bmi only by 1.3 points, and i think that's amazing!!!!!
Good luck all!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Cool link, kelly. Thanks for sharing!

Great job, farah!!! You have a great attitude, and you're doing so well! Keep it up.

I just got back from vacation. I'm afraid to step on the scale. I tried to remember that this is a lifestyle change, everything is okay in moderation, but I definitely screwed up a few times. Combine that with the fact that it's the most wonderful time of the month for me, and I think I'm going to stay off the scale for a couple of days. I'm back on track with my healthy lifestyle, and that's what counts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.