Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 09-20-2010, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

vickytoria3112, i think there are a few things you need to look at, first, what is your calorie intake? you know you need to have a calorie deficincy to have a weight loss, you could have this deficincy either by exercising, or staying whitin your calorie budget. Drink a lot of water and also, don't do one sort of exercise only for weight loss. for me, i used to do my Gazelle sprintmaster and burn 500-700 calories on it and still would not notice any changes in my body, but when you use variety of exercises, for sure you'll notice the changes in your body and also get out of the plateau. what i do for plateau busting is tae bo boot camp, it has 5 dvd's in the series and i follow the schedule provided by the series and it sure works wonders for me. another thing that is also so very important look at your sources of calories. i have limited my carbs and increased my protein and that has helped me lose so much faster as well. for carb/fat/protein i try to keep a ratio of 30/30/40 or as close to it as possible. good luck!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Guys

Just wanted to let you know that I now have 2 birthday parties under my belt and not an unwanted calorie eaten. I parked my self next to the veggie tray and just ate off of that, luckily I don't like dip so that wasn't a temptation and I was so busy serving cake and ice cream and cleaning up that there wasn't time for me to have any more than a bite of cake. I am very proud of myself, parties tend to be my downfall with all that tasty food around but this time no worries at all!!

Well I am exhausted so I am off to do a quick work-out then off to bed.

By the way, if any one has an ideas for easy and healthy lunches that would be good to me and appealing to an 18 month old and a 5 year old please let me know, we have kind of gotten stuck in a food rut and there is only so much veggies and tuna that we can eat.

Talk to you guys soon!
Old 09-20-2010, 07:11 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, Im 146lbs. aiming to lose 35 pounds by april 2011 wish me luck!
Its my first day today here
Old 09-20-2010, 10:13 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Welcome happyfit and well done xarinn-that is really good going. Be very proud of yourself. You have the willpower to tackle anything now!

Ive just got back from weightwatchers and ive lost 2.5lbs this week. Im over the moon now im in the 160's!!

Start weight- 234lbs
Current weight- 167.5lbs
Goal- 140lbs
Old 09-21-2010, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey-

I would try weightwatchers but I can't afford it. But I will research and see if I can duplicate what they offer and the different meal options (if any). Thanks for the positive words. I should be proud I stepped up my routine.

Kelly-

I've been eating right since April. I've been strict on my calorie intake and staying within my limit. Of course I know when to go over or under depending on my activities that day. I do eat 6 small meals a day. So far I've been a saint when it comes to what goes in my body. I've limited carbs and upped my protein intake as well. I also eat healthy fats like extra virgine olive oil, avocados, etc. Everyone around me is getting diabetes and I'm so scared of needles that I've been determined not to be another statistic. Thanks or the kind words and your knowledge on the food intake. At least I know I'm still on track.

Xarinn-

I never thought of that but it seems like a good idea. I will definately take advantage of the commercial breaks. I have some sit-ups I need to start doing and jumping jacks to boost the heart rate. Thanks.

Farah-

The calorie intake are all set. But the routines I will consider. We have spinning class (bike) that is 1 hour long. I will do that on Mondays. Then on Wednesday I will do the aerobics also 1 hour. On Fridays I will either swim or do belly dancing (all I need is my belly jiggling around...LOL). There are also other classes and different instructors. The instructors pretty much do all the same. They just rotate and some are tougher than others. So I guess I will find my favorite and follow them around to the different classes. Thanks for the idea.

Thanks ladies. I feel a lot better now and I also have the drive to keep on going. After this week I will weigh myself and see where I'm at.

Good luck to you all. ::hugs::
Old 09-21-2010, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by xarinn

By the way, if any one has an ideas for easy and healthy lunches that would be good to me and appealing to an 18 month old and a 5 year old please let me know, we have kind of gotten stuck in a food rut and there is only so much veggies and tuna that we can eat.

Talk to you guys soon!
Here are some ideas I try:

1. A tortilla (90), 3 slices turkey (60), Sugar Free Chocolkate Pudding Cup (60), and 1 cup skim milk (90) = 300 calories

2. 2 slices diet bread (80), 2 slices fat free kraft american cheese (60), 1 cup Progresso tomato soup (110), 1 cup raw baby carrots (50) = 300 calories

3. 1 Kim's Light Bagel (110), 2 tbsp tomato sauce (10), 1 oz fat free mozzerella cheese (50), 2 Cups lettuce (30), 2 Tbsp Salad Dressing (120) = 320 calories

4. 2 slices diet bread (80), 3 slices turkey bacon (50), Lettuce (10), 2 slices tomato (10), 1 medium apple (100), 1/2 cup skim milk (40) = 290 calories

5. 2 slices diet bread (80), 1 frozen veggie burger (100), 1 cup 1% Milk (110) = 290 calories

6. 1/2 cup egg beaters (60), 1 oz fat free cheese (50), 1/2 Cup diced peppers and tomato (30), 2 slices toasted diet bread (80), 2 tsp butter (60) = 280 calories

Diet bread is hard to find. It isn't in all supermarkets. You can substitute for wheat or light wheat. My friend uses wheat crackers instead of bread. She says it's less calories.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks a lot those are some great suggestions... sounds like my kids will like all of them, with perhaps the exception of the veggie burger...lol
Old 09-24-2010, 03:09 PM
FitDay Member

traceymc - Thanks for making me feel like I'm not alone! I have our class reunion coming up in Nov. I would like to go back (hoping my old classmate is there) and rub it in her face how great I look! It's the belly that's killing me!

On a positive note! I keep a pair of pants (that I wore 3+ years ago) hanging in my closest. When I turn on the light, they are right in front of me!!!!!!! I couldn't even get them close to being button for quite some time. Even before I got pregnant they were tight! A few nights ago, I thought that I would test them out. I've been at a stand still with my weight loss so I wasn't getting my hopes up. To my surprise....THEY FIT, AND I COULD BUTTON THEM! They were still a little snug so I quickly hung up the pants and said, "See you soon!"
What a great feeling to know that I'm making some progress!

I hope everyone had a great week! For those of you with December goals....sorry ladies, but next week it will be October! Let's keep working hard!
Old 09-25-2010, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Kellykelly-of course you aint alone!
Well done on getting the pants on and fastened up! Thats a great achievement,be proud and keep up the goo work. When the party comes in November im sure they will fit perfectly or could need a belt!!
Im having trouble with my belly too-when i stand up its not too bad-well not like it was but if im on all fours it looks like udders because it hangs down,YUK! I really hope that it shrinks some more when i lose the last 2 stone, ive gotta do some stomach exercises!!!!!!!!! Id have it sliced off if i could afford it!
Im doing good this week with my diet not as great as last week but i am hoping to see a loss even if small. Its my weigh in tuesday so i will keep posted.
Hope all are having a good weekend??

Starting weight- 235lbs (16st 10lb)
Current weight- 167.5lbs (11st 13.5lb)
Goal Weight- 140lb (10stone)
Old 09-29-2010, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Cool Reached my goal weight today!!!!!

OMG!!!! ladies, this is amazing! i just reached my goal weight today! well, my goal weight is 125 and i'm 125.6 but the main number, 125 is there, right? this is totally unbeleivable! and you know i owe this success to fitday and each and everyone of you! you have been my inspiration, support, guide and all that i needed to make it to where i am today! thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! XOXOXO

Ladies, i made it to my goal, you will too, just hang in there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.