Old 06-13-2010, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Dukan Dieters

HI,

Is anyone else on the Dukan diet?
Old 06-14-2010, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Getting married & want to get back to college weight

Hi, I just turned 29 yesterday. I have tried to lose weight before but never had much success. I'd like to lose 30 pounds, and get back to the weight I was in college. I'm 195 now, and would like to get down to 165. I'm 6' tall. The lightest I was in high school was 155 pounds, and looking back at pictures, I think I was quite skinny then. I'm a little scared to try this! I am very active, and got a new folding bike about 6 months back. I've been biking to my studio about twice a week since April. My weight has been relatively stable. What I really need to control is my diet. I'm getting married this October, and I want to be down to 165 by the end of January 2011. Wish me luck--any encouragement you can provide would be much appreciated!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone hope you are all having a good week.
Im not doing too badly-ive had to teach myself to eat more through the day so i dont overdo it on an evening. I can happily say its making a difference. The tv cravings are not as bad as they usually are!! To be honest its more a habit than a craving,im just so used to nibbling something when im watching telly when the kids are in bed. When i was losing the weight before xmas id still do this but it would all be raw veg and salad or something to keep me within my allowance.
Lately its been anything though and not good stuff. Then once ive started i cant manage to stop!!
I find it difficult to eat 3 meals a day cos i dont like to feel ive eaten too much. But then ive realised that i go and do this on a night if i dont stabilise things throughout my usual day.
Yesterday I had some oat granola at 8am then a small bowl of tomato soup at 1:30pm. At 3pm i had a cucumber sandwich on wholemeal bread no butter and at 6pm i had tea with the kids-mine was a weightwatchers meal with 3tbsp veggies. As a treat i had a small kids bun at 8pm with a cup of tea(no sugar).
This is alot more than usual through the day for me but it helped me not to eat crazy amounts of rubbish infront of tv 8-11pm.
I think that it takes a while for us to figure out what works for our weight loss and fitting it all around our daily routine. After a year of dieting i still keep finding new ways to help.
Its a journey that will take as long as it needs so we can maintain the weight when we reach goal. Its important to make a lifestyle change too so that we learn how to train our minds into thinking about food differently.
Basically this post was just to say im doing ok and trying to eat in a healthly way instead of going hungry til teatime and scoffing too much all the way til bedtime because i feel deprived for not eating much. I want to lose it in a healthy way so my body isnt suffering and i want to be happy with a pound or so a week and not pressure myself.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi All!

I also have 30 lbs to lose, so I am happy to see this little group form

I have been fluctuating up and down 20 lbs for many years now.. however, I just got back from a trip (read: pigged out!) and now seem to be about 30 lbs more than I'd like to be!

Stats:
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 165

Goal:
Weight: 135 (.. though anywhere in the 130's would be nice!)

I struggle a bit with motivation.. especially when it seems like it will be 6 months down the line to realistically/healthfully reach my goal... so I hope that with everyone's help I can stay on track. Another motivator is that I will be getting married in about a year, so I want to look and feel great by then.

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome gwenarina and lameangel!

I just wanted to say that it's awesome both of you are getting motivated for your weddings this early on. In my experience, brides usually wait until the last month or two before their wedding to try to lose weight. Then they have problems with fittings, don't end up looking how they want to look, and most importantly, end up gaining any weight they lost as soon as the wedding is over because they starved themselves and ran themselves into the ground trying to get where they wanted to be! Congrats to both of you for joining and getting on the right path. =)

Best of luck!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, and tracey...those goals at the end of your post sound great! Keep up the good work! You can do it! =)
Old 06-16-2010, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

I'm so excited ladies. It's been a long time since I weighed myself, but I have been eating the best I can and try to get excersize in as well. I went to the supermarket yesterday and I saw the big scale. I was debating with myself if I should weigh myself or not. Then decided, "what the heck, if it doesn't show progress then it means I need to try harder." I was with my 9 year old daughter, Natalie. I got on the scale but I didn't look up at it. I was looking down at my feet. I was trying to prepare myself for the bad news. I was about to count to 3. Then I hear Natalie, "WOW MOMMY 140 LBS!" I said, "What?" then I looked up at the scale and it said 140 lbs. I lost 16 lbs. I couldn't beleive it.

I said to myself, I have to keep going. I'm 20 lbs away from my goal weight. I think my daughter was more excited than I was. LOL.

I though I would share.

Started Fitday on April 25th at 156 lbs (height 5ft 1in). Almost 2 months later and 16 lbs lighter. It's slow work in progress but as long as the scale goes in the right direction I'm ok with slow.

Last edited by vickytoria3112; 06-16-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations, vickytoria3112
!!!!!!!! wow! 16lbs in 2 months, I am sooo happy for you and also a bit green(with jealousy). i have started my journey at the same time as you have, and OMG, it's been such a slow journey!!!! so far, i've lost 11 lbs even though i have tried so hard! but oh well, i'm in for the long term and no matter how long it takes, i WILL lose the extra weight!
and Tracy, i'm so glad to hear you're doing ok and the positive changes you are making, keep up the good work!
Good Luck everyone and keep posting your progress, i love reading and learning from your posts!!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Thanks farah.

I'm just glad I finally jumped on the scale after a long time. I was scared at first. Actually embarrassed because I was surrounded by people I didn't know walking passed me. I just did it and good thing my daughter was with me. She knows how hard I've been trying to lose the weight and she's seen me with my crazy meal plans. I think it's a good experience for her as well. If she ever ends up like me she can think back at what I did and she can take care of herself.

When we got home we celebrated with baking chocolate chip cookies that are wheat free and gluten free. The kids thought they were being spoiled. LOL.

Congrats on your loss as well. That's awesome and amazing. You rock. Let's keep up the good work!

Last edited by vickytoria3112; 06-16-2010 at 03:16 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone and well done vickytoria!!!
Farah dont be envious-you are working so hard and you know that like you said no matter how long it takes you will be at goal. Im 25 and i say i will be slim by the time im 30 although i do hope i get there before im 26!
Thanks Fletch i wanted to put down my loss so far so that i can see myself in numbers just how far ive come-i got to remember it isnt a race!
Im doing okay i didnt make the best choices yesterday but i didnt overdo it so im feeling alright. My weigh in yesterday and i was 12st 1lb- i know idput on over the couple of weeks i was absent from the forum and its now back off again thanks to time of month passing!!
I do really want to get to the 11stone something stage and finally say bye to the 12stone mark. Been here to long-but thats because i havent been consistent enough i seem to have a few good days followed by a few not so good. Just got to make sure i stay good for one full week and i know i can do it when i have the right foods in to eat. Been shopping so the right food is there-going to make it a loss for next weigh in!
Since ive lost some weight i seem to be looking younger. Went for a small malibu and coke yesterday afternoon and i was asked for id!!! Im 25 but that is the age they want you to be even though its 18 to actually drink it. Very annoying when i was fatter i was fine with all that. Was quite embarrased but im taking it as a compliment and hopefully it will be a good thing when im older and want to look younger!!!
Right i be back later got to go and collect the kids from school.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.