Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 05-09-2010, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Aloha :)

Hello All,

I'm new to fitday too... I'm so excited to have found such an encouraging and supportive group with similar goals! I'm 25 years old, 5 foot 8 and a size 8... I finally forced myself on the scale the other day and realized I've ballooned to 170 lbs! I've basically put on 40 pounds gradually in the past 2 years. My motivation is my designer wardrobe full of size 2 and 4 pieces ... and I simply can't afford to repurchase all of my favorite items... so I better get back in shape! Looking forward to reading all your posts.

Thanks for helping make this easier!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 04:32 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Hula, and welcome!

I can really relate to your situation (though I'm a lot older than you! This site has really helped me a lot, and I'm almost halfway to my goal now.

Good luck, see you here!

Last edited by jml2010; 05-09-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hello All and welcome Hula,

I have been a member since mid April and i absolotely love this site. very knowledgable people and fasinating support groups.

a question for you Margaret, How long has it taken you to lose 11lbs? for me seems the weight is taking it's sweet time to come off. just being curious.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hi to all of fitday! Im having a great time with my diet past few days and my whole mood,attitude and outlook has changed. Im much more positive and happier. Didnt eat any kids leftovers and havent had any evening binges infront of tv either. Ive felt less sluggish on a morning cos ive not been going to bed with so much rubbish in my belly, if i do get peckish im back to my raw salad and not the cookie jar! Keep up good work everybody!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:37 AM
FitDay Member

Is there a particular weigh in day for us on here?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mgal65
Hi everyone,

I have been following the slim fast diet for about 3 weeks now with no weight loss. I am 44yr & 155lbs. I need to get down to 125lbs. I don't understand the concept of calories in & out. I walk on the treadmill every day at 3.0-3.5mph for at least 30 min. Still no weight loss. Can someone help me to determine what I am doing wrong & how to fix it & start losing some weight?

I have been reading all your success stories & very proud of all of you.

Molly
Molly,

I've read somewhere that in order to acheive the minimal weight loss you have to walk 45-60 instead of 30. 30 minutes is to maintain your weight. Try walking for an extra 15 minutes and see how that turns out. I currently walk 1 hour (6 miles). And I've seen progress so far and I'm just a beginner.

Maybe it's true but atleast you do good for yourself adding the 15 minutes.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

hey Tracy,

i'm so happy to hear you're doing better. staying away from kids leftover, was a total challenge for me as well, now, we don't even have the same food anymore. they think they'll starve if they eat as little and as healthy as i eat!
i do my weigh ins on Friday mornings. when do you weigh yourself?
Old 05-10-2010, 10:47 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Farah giving up the leftovers was really hard at first until i get used to it. I hate wasting food so i now dont cook too much so all on their plates gets eaten. I too eat a different meal to them-depending on what im cooking. They are much better with the healthy food now they getting a bit older-they ate some cous cous and a taste of hoummous the other day. They like alot of salad and veggies so i make sure ive always done plenty so i have mostly that on my plate.
I weigh in on a wednesday cos thats when i used to go weightwatchers so im used to it. It was just because ive seen the check in for other clubs and wondered if there was a particular day for everyone to post their progress? If not tho i will just let you all know tomorrow how much i lose this week. Having another good day-so far so good!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Good afternoon!

Hope everyone is doing well. Im in Texas and it is beautiful outside but very hot! Yesterday was my last final exam so I'm excited about being less stressed. I decided I would try walking the dog in the morning and taking an aerobics class in the evening. I'll see how that works out on the days I get off at 9am. Feeling positive about the meal plan I made. Its a lot easier when you what your having for the day is already prepared and ready to go.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hi sdgrsm wish i was saying the same with the weather but here in England we lucky not to have to put our coats on! I agree with planning your meals and knowing what having each day. I plan all my evening meals a week ahead and make a list before i go to supermarket so my mind is occupied on the healthy things i need instead of all the junk on offer. I do have to buy treats though for my partner and kids but not too many and i can usually find one or two healthy treats to satisfy a craving without too many calories. For me if i didnt plan my meals ahead by dinnertime id end up wanting a quick fix that wouldnt satisfy me and bee too high fat. So i enjoy to prepare the family main meal when kids at school or put things in my slow cooker that are going to be ready for when we want to eat. Good Luck and well done for getting through your exams!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.