Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Old 08-20-2011, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Aw, Mike said TOTM. He doesn't mince words and that's great. I don't know about Cassie, but I respond to that well sometimes.

Mike, you're the greatest! Not kidding.

Also, Mike, what web browser do you use?
Old 08-20-2011, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Aw, Mike said TOTM. He doesn't mince words and that's great. I don't know about Cassie, but I respond to that well sometimes.

Mike, you're the greatest! Not kidding.

Also, Mike, what web browser do you use?
Thanks.

Home computer = Firefox
Work Laptop = IE
iPhone = Safari

and that's about it.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, thanks for your kind words about my granddaughter's move. I do have some down time today. GD is with her boyfriend's family today for his select soccer game and some other of his family's activities. I'm just doing two loads of laundry and going to the butcher shop, doing a little house straightening (no actual cleaning except for kitchen cleanup after cooking) and hopefully making it to the Y--if not, I'll do an exercise DVD.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Amy I am picturing your former room with the David C. poster and all.. too funny! And there are lots worse things to eat than blueberries and I probably ate em yesterday. Rasinets anyone? I tried justifying them as former grapes...

Cassie, I agree with Mike, that 7 pound deal is not accurate. And Mike no matter what height you are, it takes a big man to say TOTM. Seriously, Cassie, I am sorry you are going through such a hard time but you do work so hard and deserve a break so I hope you give yourself one honey.

Thanks to you guys and the fact that I was so full yesterday I could barely touch the Asian tuna and potato knishes DH made for dinner (I just realized what an odd combo that wasr...) I am trying to get back on the wagon. Of course, we are going to see friends tonight who serve about 14 courses for dinner... dinner, I swear, could take 4 hours. She eats like a bird; I would say I eat like a vulture but somehow that image...I was gonna say don't vultures eat dead things? But then I realize I do too...tho definitely not road kill...OK I am raving... time to go try to pretend to do some work...
Old 08-20-2011, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

I just back from Lowe's, I left there with 20 bags of mulch, a roll of weed screen (or whatever it's called), a pack of leather gardening gloves and a sore back.

Hope, you crack me up, I better prepare myself for some short jokes now, huh?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-20-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie. You WILL get back on track, I've read your posts and I know you are stronger than a vacation increase. Just take a look at your signature saying. We all seem to be having a communal blip.
By the way what is a peanut butter sandie?

Mern. Why shouldn't you be proud of your granddaughter's achievements, but are you
surprised, there must be a lot of you in her.

Good food day for me but after an argument with my partner on the phone I gave in to
the desire for a glass of wine, which of course led to another.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Hope, I wish I had read your post about roadkill before I had snacked my way through the day. Might've taken away my appetite! I like the idea of a communal blip as a description, though I hate that anyone has to go through it.

I'm sorry to say that I think my 7 pounds are the real deal. I've been at 1200 calories for 5 days, no TOTM, eating clean so no water retention. If I'm honest and do the math after 14 days of vacay/sick/no exercise, it's probably there. I can also tell in my clothes, muscle tone, etc. I just need to take my licks, be embarrassed, treat it as a lesson in being vigilant, and move on. The bright spot is that I was better at losing than I was at maintaining, so as long as I can keep from sabotaging myself again, I should eventually be okay. I hope, I hope .

We met the in-laws for dinner tonight; I did well there with grilled fish, steamed broccoli, and a tiny piece of bread. The rest of the day was crap, but as they say, tomorrow is another day. I will make it an excellent one, and next week I'm going to kick some serious patootie! I couldn't do it without you guys; thanks so much for being here ! I hope you all are enjoying your weekend!

Lizzie, a peanut butter sandie is a cookie. It was a "light" recipe and has a lot of monounsaturated fat. Those were what I made for the first day of school.

Mike, take it easy on that back, k?

P.S. I had the Shawn Cassidy poster in my room.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:37 PM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, I hope things got smoothed over with your partner. That can be so tough. I also hope you enjoyed the wine. Thanks for your kind words about my granddaughter's achievements. You are so sweet. Big hug to ya.

Cassie, how are you doing? How did you make out with your food log after dinner? I so agree with Lizzie--you are stronger than a vacation gain. Show us your stuff Monday. I'll be right there with you starting fresh.

I did well on food today, but only because I was busy on the computer. LOL For dinner I had some delicious green beans fresh from the garden and some deli sliced roast beef cooked in-house by the butcher shop.

Boars Head brand has come out with a new lower sodium ham for slicing by stores. Has no sodium nitrates or sodium nitrites. They also have turkey and roast beef that way, but I get my butcher shop roast beef.

Last edited by Mern; 08-20-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Okay ladies, I was sitting at home watching the Saints game and at 1/2 time I realized that in my goals I said I would do one 6 mile walk.

Well here ya go!

Where's that dancing banana when you need him?

There he is!
Old 08-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

my food log http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=01gt4.6

1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day):no, yes, yes, yes, not sure, yes
2) 3250 calories deficient for the week:+463(oops, went back for more pizza ), -366, -805, +42, -126, -1530 (-2322 so far)
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale & my weight goal chart: yes
4) Make my food log public: yes
5) walk 10 miles with one walk being at least 6 miles: 2.92, 3.0, 0, 3.1, 0, 6.03 (15.05 so far)
6) gallon of water a day: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) work out 3 times: no, yes, no, yes, no, no
9) daily:
fish oil yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes
vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes
floss yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes
10) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter) yes (1), yes (2), yes (2), no(5), yes (1), yes (2)
11) 5 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) no (1), no(4)
, no(4), no(3), no (0), no (3?)
12) no bread (of any kind) for 2 days no, no, no, no, no, no (looks like I've missed this one, I've had bread every day!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.