7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11

Old 04-07-2011, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Okay, it's been a rather busy week. Doing alright on some goals and not so meh on others.

Fitness:

1) Keep Caloric intake between 1200-1400 & Caloric Deficit above 800 daily.
Calories
Y,Y, N-2027!!
Deficit
N,Y,N

2) Drink 2 Ltr. of H2O daily & NO soft drinks N-1.5,Y,N-1.5

3) Incorporate more Green vegis into my daily diet through salads.Y,Y,Y,Y

4) Increase Protien and Lower Fat intake. N,Y,N

5) 3 days 30 minute Yoga/ 3 days 5 minute Jump Rope/ 3 days 30 minutes of other Exercise/ 6 days of 30 minute minimum walk

Yoga- N-5min,N,Y
Jump Rope-N,N,N Will within these last few days.
OtherExercise-Y,Y
Walk-Y,Y,Y

-2 lbs weight loss goal

Non-Fitness Goals:

1) Tidy up & do Laundry Yes-Finished w/ house, Working on Laundry now

2) Finish off 2 lace projects I have for class & start new one for exhibit Working on finishing main piece today, second piece this weekend

3) Work on Husbands Anniversary gift Not Yet, he's ALWAYS around

4) Give myself the good Pampering I didn't give myself last week Not Yet

5) Follow Quinns lead of "Smile More..Bitch Less". Y,N-Honestly tried, but when buttons are pushed GRRR,Y

I really messed up yesterday because I wasn'T able to back out of eatin a particular Turkish dish my MIL made. I felt bad telling her no, and explaining to her why after she had busted her butt on it all day. So I ate a small bit, and went to log it, found out that that small bit(about the size of a small cake piece) was roughly 450 calories. So it blew my intake for the day. I'm not gonna let myself feel bad about it. I knew she busted her butt on it, and OMG it was sooo good lol So I'm making up for it today with grilled chicken salads, and extra exercise. Cleaning house has helped a lot too. Still hoping to reach my goal of 2lbs.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie- We don't use flu or cold medicines when we get sick here, only natural remedies, so I have a few that may help. If anything they can relieve some of the discomfort.

Ginger tea- You can boil fresh Ginger root or Ginger powder in water on the stove. Let it steep, and sip it. This will help sooth the throat, and open the sinuses.

Breath in the steam of hot salt water with mint leaves boiled in it. I use this for my husbands asthma and sinus infections. It helps open the sinuses and the lungs.

Ginger powder or fresh grated ginger in tablespoon of Honey- Helps sooth a sore, scratchy or itchy throat.

Black pepper and Honey- Helps sooth the throat and open sinuses slightly.

Apple Cider Vinegar- A tablespoon several times a day helps to break up mucus in sinus and chest infections. This makes coughing, sneezing and nose blowing more affective.

Dandylion tea- helps to boost the immune system and fight illness. We use it here EVERY time someone shows the slightest symptom and drink it religously lol We replace regular tear with this and add honey and lemon.

Lemon- drink 1oz of lemon juice mixed with a pinch of salt. The vitamin c helps to boost your immune system and fight illness, the combination of salt and lemon juice helps to battle the discomforts of sore throat.

Oranges and Mandarins- Vitamin C

Peppermint oil-helps sooth chest pains, and relief sinus pressure.

Massage on the trianglular space between your nostril your cheek bone and your eye, next to the side of your nose when your sinuses are too full. The massage will help loosen up extra mucus buildup, blow your nose when you feel a release.

Carrot juice- This juice will help you to keep your immune system strong. Try to drink a glass a day.

This is all I canthink of for now. When I got a sinus and resperatory infection a few months ago we started to do all of these. My discomfort was incredibly reduced within a day or two.

I really hope you feel better soon, and so sorry you're not feeling well. Get plenty rest. =)
Old 04-07-2011, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

CONGRATS Auntie Rhoda!!! Babies are the sweetest! And Congrats on your 1lb loss! I bet you're walking on cloud 9 right now
Old 04-07-2011, 04:16 PM
FitDay Member

Fibro diet:
Avoid
1) sugar: Y, Y, Y
2) gluten and yeast: Y, Y, Y
3) nightshades: Y,Y, Y
4) additives:Y, Y, Y
5) aspartame:Y, Y, Y
6) dairy:Y, Y, Y
7) caffeine including chocolate:Y, Y, Y

8) stretch at least 3x this week: stretched and did floor exercise 2x (abs hurt from situps), N, Y
9) more H2O: 128 (how's that?!?), 48, 56
10) take magnesium supplements: yup and already they helped, Y, Y
11) smile more/bitch less, starting W: I"m tryin

Cassie, sooo sorry to hear you are not well and I hope you get better ASAP.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Default wooo whooo I can finally log in!

well this week has been a week of me enjoying food again. I haven't been eating very clean but I'm not stressing over it either. Instead of a cheat day, this has been like a cheat week.

I think next week I may go low carb again. That way I'll have some sort of limitations to stick to. I will admit, I've been enjoying doughnuts more than eggs for breakfast.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

Mike,

What was up with the log in? I thought it was just me.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:24 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report:

Calorie limit 1600 1178 1771 1516
Calorie deficit (includes exercise) goal 1037 1469, 876, 1131
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 24g 26.7g 18.2g
Protein target 120g 111.6g 138.3g, 146.7g
Limit sugar free candy to 2 pieces per day 0, 2, 3
Limit additional artificial sweetener to 2 packets per day 2, 2, 0
Limit diet soda to one every other day 0, 0, 0

Water 64 oz. per day Yes Yes YES

Exercise 1/2 hour 6 days Yes Yes YES
Old 04-07-2011, 05:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec View Post
I had a wonderful, productive day today. I accomplished much more than I thought I could. So, tomorrow, my plan is to wrap up a few loose ends and then enjoy some sunny, unseasonably warm weather. Last weekend, we received 3-4 inches of snow. This weekend is suppose to be near 70! If you don't like the weather here, wait a few minutes... it's sure to change.
LOL, when I was in college I bought a shirt that said "Don't like the weather in Michigan? Give it a minute." I loved that shirt and wore it until the threads gave out. The funny part is that Ann Arbor, where I went to school, has a lot less dramatic weather than the rest of the state.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:13 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Auntie Rhoda!!! Babies are very sweet (until they scream their heads off in the middle of the night and poop their pants, that is). Which is exactly why being an auntie is so much fun, you get the good part and send them home to their parents when they turn rotten.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:17 PM
FitDay Member

crimpet,

Thanks so much for the list! I can't take a lot of medications, either, because of drug allergies/interactions. So, I've always had to rely on alternative pain management, etc. I kept a copy in my documents for future use. I was raised in a family that relied very heavily on natural sources before using meds. Some I had heard of through friends from India and the Philippines, but many were new.

Thanks again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.