Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Old 03-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Rose, what kind of dog is Chico? By the name I'm guessing a chihuahua. My little one, Mytsie is a 1/2 chihuahua 1/2 Jack Russel Terrier mix... a total ball of energy. She is a true attack dog http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq79VIlLJ_c
Old 03-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Golly, you're about the youngest person I know who has glaucoma. So many people ask me why don't I have surgery to cure it and restore my vision loss and they think I'm mistaken when I tell them there is no cure or surgery to do that. Did you have laser surgery to reduce the fluid pressure or create new drainage ducts? Does the procedure you had slow the progression of glaucoma? Will it have to be repeated?
Mern, I had narrow angle closure glaucoma, which apparently is the minority and different from the usual kind. It is correctible with surgery; they did laser surgery to poke holes in my iris, allowing fluid to drain. I don't need drops and for the three years since, there has been no regression, so I'm very fortunate.

GREAT job at the restaurant! Eating out is a temptation, but it's great when you can scope the lay of the land beforehand. You should be proud .

lol, Mike, Mytsie cracks me up!
Old 03-21-2011, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

Rose - so happy that your puppy is having a restorative sleep. Any word on when he may be able to come home, or has the vet not considered that yet?

Mern - nice job with your eating out! Very sensible plan, checking what was on offer before going.

Mike . . . 1000 pushups?! You go!

Cassie - I don't envy your husband one little bit. I've seen spring break on movies (because of course movies are a true and honest depiction of reality) and I can only imagine the number of times he's going to think, 'Bloody kids . . . I was never like this when I was their age . . .' We have 'Schoolies Week' at around the start of December every year when all the kids who have just graduated year 12 flock to the Gold Coast or the Sunshine Coast here in Queensland and, I guess, do all the things done at Spring Break. Sensible people give the coasts a very wide berth, unless they want to be labeled a 'Toolie' . . .

Got through the second round of Plyometrics today, and only hit the pause button once. Of course, I do have the face of a beefsteak tomato, now.

I also gained 700g this past week (just under 2lbs). I am hoping that has more to do with muscle gain (I have noticed much definition) and TOTM than my body saying, 'That's it! I've had enough of your binge drinking weekends, missy!' A bummer because I was only 0.1lb (yes, zero-point-one) away from my mini goal last week. It is, however, only the first week of gain . . . I shan't panic unless next week shows a gain, too.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mern: I loved Kojak too! The lollipop, lol, I had almost forgotten! My Dad and I have a special bond too. Most people in my family are very musically inclined -- he and I are the oddball geeks interested in science and math (He has a Masters in Math). I worry about him, as he's obese, heart disease, lung disease, and a damaged colon -- sometimes we say he's stitched together with duct tape, but he's hanging in there. Thank you for all of your kind words, and CONGRATS on the one pound and holding your own at the restaurant! 1 + 1 + 1 etc. = lots of weight!

Rose: You are so sweet, thank you, and I am SO SORRY to read about your Chico. I'm glad the doctors were able to save his eye, but what a trauma! He obviously has a loving home, and I hope that he's out of intensive care as soon as he is able to be healthy (and that he sleeps through the whole thing!). Just one day at a time, good luck, and you're in my thoughts.

behaze: I'm excited for you and your manuscript, and I hope everything is received well!! I'll do what I can to help. And HOLY MOLY that sounds like a huge spider! I think I would have fainted. Actually, BF is the one that caved today. I got home late (as per usual Mondays) and started to wearily put laundry together (I might have played it up a little...) and he came in the room and said "No, I've got tomorrow off work, I'll do all the laundry." What a nice thing to hear! I guess I sort've won! Also, don't worry too much about the gain -- it's probably just TOTM + muscle, like you say

I miss my fur babies too My pup, Shyla, passed away at the ripe old age of 15 about 4 years ago, and I still miss her sweet little face every day. Due to money concerns it's not really in the cards for us to have an animal right now, but I can't wait for the day when I can have one back in my life. There's nothing quite like a pet!

Had a pretty good day today, but this week shall probably be known as The Week Of Paperwork, as I have not only my manuscript to get through but mounds of other things building up in the background. Ah well. One day at a time, and Monday is always the long day! (I work 8-7 most Mondays, yuck)

Monday Report Card

Fitness, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Under 1400 cals every day and log EVERYTHING. M: yes, 1200 on the nose
2) Average 30% daily protein for the week. M: 23% (weekly average 23%)
3) 96 oz. of water EVERY day. M: 104
4) No weighing until Friday! M: N/A
5) Work out 5-6 hours, split between weights and hard cardio. M: Day off
6) In bed by 11:30 every night M: Yes, I promise I will!
7) Buy a heart rate monitor this weekend. M-F: N/A

Non-Fitness Goals:
1) Finish edits to my scientific manuscript (this manuscript is the culmination to my dissertation, I want it out in the world!) M: No
2) Make efforts on my appearence every day - hair, makeup, clothing. M: Yes
3) Get every scrap of laundry hiding in the closet cleaned. M: No
4) One hour of needlework every day. M: Yes
5) Have an "outside date" this weekend (the weather is SO beautiful). M-F: N/A
6) Buy new makeup. M: No

~Terri
Old 03-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Terri, was it your mom who used the duct tape on your dad? And did she use a Q-tip to fix him, too

behaze, you will be fine with your goal. So close! Props to you on the plyo...that's tough stuff!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

"Quinn...I'm soooo sorry. Catch a plane; I'm "single" this week anyway and looking for things to keep busy!"

Cassie,

...or you could catch a plane up here and I'll snow shoe to the airport to meet you! (You'll recognize me by the forks in my eyes...) By the time we carry your bags back, we'll have burned about 800 calories! (Actually, we're due for 5-8" of wet heavy snow, wind and ice and I'm quite sure that will close our airport...) Our airport is hilarious! They actually have to clear the runway of deer before planes land! The good thing is that you can wear a down jacket and snow pants and no one knows if you're 105 lbs. or 150 lbs... everyone looks like the Michelin Man! lol

OR... we could meet half way at Mern's house in Ohio for a "Girl's Spring Break Week"! LOL
Old 03-21-2011, 02:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Rose, what kind of dog is Chico? By the name I'm guessing a chihuahua. My little one, Mytsie is a 1/2 chihuahua 1/2 Jack Russel Terrier mix... a total ball of energy. She is a true attack dog YouTube - My Attack Dogs
Mike, your pooch is ADORABLE!!!! So so cute. Love her.

Chico is actually a Schnoodle, part Schnauzer, part Poodle. Here's a picture of him before the mauling of course. He looks quite messed up now but he is totally on the mend! I just got back from visiting him and was thrilled to see the wound closing up and healing.

Almeeker, Mern, Behaze, Terri, thanks so much for your well wishes. Chico and I appreciate it so much. I feel better already.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Chico_14.jpg (29.4 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by mtlgirl; 03-22-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
OR... we could meet half way at Mern's house in Ohio for a "Girl's Spring Break Week"! LOL
Oh, yeah, I'm there! But I think we should clue Mern in that we're coming, so she can get the healthy snacks ready. Red wine is healthy!!

Deer? On the runway? What a hoot! Although I do not need the leeway of heavy clothes...I noticed, after a year of this, it is much easier to maintain in spring, summer, and fall than in the winter. Holidays, darker days, comfort, who knows, but it's what I noticed.

ROSE!! I'm so glad you let us know Chico is better. That's awesome news. Bring him to Mern's with you and we'll all have a good time !
Old 03-21-2011, 02:48 PM
FitDay Member

here's my update for the end of the day. I haven't heard back from that one studio i had an interview with yet. when i asked my compition for that spot today if he heard from them yet he had not. so there is some hope still.

So it also seems like i'll be getting a new Laptop, but it seems like it'll be a new used laptop snice i guess thats what my warintee covers. the company couldn't get all the parts that my lappy needed to be fixed. urg.

also crossed paths with a black cat during my walk today is it a sign?

Fitness Goals:

1. Drink 3 of my blue water bottle a day yes!
2. do my workout 6/7 days Yes!
3. 10,000 steps a day yes (10,017)
4. start cal counting again, limit 1900 no 2,136
5. no fast food yes
6. (forgot to add before) go swimming once a week no

Non-Fitness Goals:

1. finish my current homework do to list finished one thing but it was pose to be done long ago
2. put away clean laundry done about time
3. put away dirty laundry easy once clean laundry is put away
4. clean off floor and vaccum it. picked up a few things still have some things to clean up, and still need to vaccum
Old 03-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Rose, he's a handsome little man!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.