Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Old 03-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
You're right Toaster Strudels are uber-delicious, artery clogging, love handle building, rectangles of yumminess. Mike you have to take it easy on my this week, dude I'm grain-free, and thanks to you I'm now experiencing phantom fragrance sensations, like what it would smell like if I hung my head over a hot toaster full of strudels.
lol, I'll stop then.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Naw I take that back, I don't really see myself as the "model" type, hand me the camera please, I can take it from there.
Well, I guess I won't mail your invitation to the Women of FitDay Calendar, then. Was counting on you for Ms. July, but we'll put Mike in there in a star-spangled Speedo instead.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Well, I guess I won't mail your invitation to the Women of FitDay Calendar, then. Was counting on you for Ms. July, but we'll put Mike in there in a star-spangled Speedo instead.
LOL, yes let's put Mike in for Ms. July.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report Card:

Health & Fitness Goals

1. Keep calories to 1,400 M-T-W-T-Sat, 1,650 F-Sun. 1,546, 1,372, 1,392
2. No grain based carbs for the entire week, including corn! Success, Success, Success
3. Exercise 6 hours. 48 min, 48 min, 63 min (total 2:39)
4. 96 oz water. YES, YES, YES
5. Carbs under 45%. 34%, 43%, 40%
6. Protein over 40%. 44%, 40%, 40%

Other Stuff

7. Call SIL and find another race, 5/14/11 is not going to work out. NO, NO, NO
8. Clean 2 rooms (15 min each) + 1 load of laundry. NO, YES and caught up for yesterday as well. 2 out of 3
9. Figure out basement shelving layout. NO, NO, NO
10. Write library proposal. NO, NO, NO
11. Work on church design 2 hours (or more). NO, NO, NO

Today was rough. I have a new baby that I'm watching, today he cried for about 4 hours. Tomorrow his mother is going to bring his portable swing, or she's taking him to work with her. I can do collicky for a while, but then I need some relief. Tomorrow should be interesting, middle DD is being awarded "Student of the Month" and I'm taking a screaming infant with me to the assembly. Hopefully he'll behave for at least 15 minutes.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:13 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, what an interesting thread today! I regret that I had time only to skim.

Mike, that's cool that you have an 18 year old daughter. LOL that you wouldn't share your Toaster Strudels with her. .

Welcome, Lindsey, it's never too late to join us. We're glad you're here.

Welcome, erinmrystrom. Glad you find the thread motivating.

Almeeker, good luck with the baby tomorrow. Congrats to DD on being student of the month.

Mai, it really is difficult to keep up with all the posts. I have only time to skim them tonight and answer mostly just those who made a comment to me. We just do the best we can--some days I have more time than other days. I'm sure we would have had fun meeting for Girls Spring Break Week had that been real, but we can have a lot of fun here online, too. I loved reading about how you feed your children. I tried to feed my kids as healthfully as possible when they were young (they're now ages 34 and 31) and they had fast food or junk food just occasionally. When my son started school he fell in love with the cafeteria's McDonald type lunches. BUT in the back of his mind, he knew how to eat healthfully as he did at home. He is not yet married and does his own cooking. And you know what? He eats balanced, healthful meals.

Terri, I know where you're coming from with your Dad. My little sister and brother and I were all pre-diabetics together, but I chose to manage my blood sugar through my low carb diet of 25 grams of net carbs (carbs less fiber) per day and they both chose to take meds and eat whatever they want. They both have full blown Type II Diabetes now and I'm still pre-diabetic. I'm not bragging, Terri--it saddens me that they weren't even willing to try. They feel like your Dad--they're not willing to make changes in their diets because they'll feel too deprived. Aw, I'm so glad to read that Shyla was a rescued dog. My Toto (named after the dog in The Wizard of Oz) was supposed to be a SMALL dog--they told us at the shelter he was part Toy Collie and part something else small--can't remember what. He grew and grew--the vet said he was part German Shepherd and part Golden Retriever. LOL But we didn't rename him. He was so loving and so lovable, but was one of the dumbest dogs. He used to rub his nose raw trying to bury dog biscuits in carpet fuzz. LOL I understand now about your carbs being too high from the pizza and it was just temporary. I hate wasting food, too.

Last edited by Mern; 03-23-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:28 PM
FitDay Member

Mern – summers in this part of Qld are generally around the 32-38deg range (with at least one 40deg day each year), but we haven’t really had a summer this year, what with all the rain and flooding; now it’s finally come around, it’s like a punch in the face. We didn’t get eased into it like every other year.

Erinmrystrom – I completely agree about the friend/parent situation.

Wildbeanerz – I am also glad to not be the only one saying, ‘I’m not meant to be your friend, kiddo, I’m your mother!’

Terri – holy moly, you’re right . . . your family IS musically inclined! Well done on the Chinese food restraint. That’s some strength right there! I can’t say no to sweet’n’sour chicken. Oh, and don't worry. You still trump me. I'm bad at maths AND science . . . The dog I had when we I was a kid, Laser, he was bought from a pet shop, but he was the runt and the shop owner was going to have him put down that afternoon. He was sold to us as a Lhasa Apso (not sure about that spelling), but he was pure mongrel, and the most wonderful dog - even when he was old, when he heard the chinking of the leash, he'd start bounding around, stand to be connected, and then he was off, taking you on a merry jaunt around the neighbourhood. I know that's not how a trained dog should act, but he just loved it. Sadly, he grew old, got arthritis and cataracts and in the end, he could barely walk and when he did, he couldn't see where he was going and kept bumping into walls, so my parents did the kindest thing they could for him. He made it to 14 years, the little trooper.

Almeeker, wow! Your experiment is definitely showing some results!
And yes, when I was a teenager, watching my boss’ little ratbag of a kid (he was four and used to slap my butt in an entirely too familiar way, not a cute way, if it could be thought of as such - obviously he'd seen his dad do it), I had all sorts of ideas about how I would discipline my potential future kids . . . ha! Although I am pleased to say, my boys don’t slap other people’s rears like sleazy old men at pubs.
I am not looking forward to my boys being teenagers. My 8yo is very close to being my height (I’m 163 cm, he’s about 157cm) and he puts away roughly the same amount of food as I currently do (and he’s got no fat on his body at all, so he’s not overeating) – how hollow are his legs going to be by the time he’s 14, 16, 18?! Argh, I can hear my bank account groaning.
Hey, good luck at the award assembly tomorrow! Good on your daughter! What did she get it for?

Jjeand – it’s been an eventful week for you, hey? Take a deep breath . . . okay.

Acameron – amazing! Well done to you. You’re not far away from your goal weight, now. Are you planning a celebration when you reach 115? A big old shopping orgy, perhaps?

It’s very surprising how many parents I talk to say, ‘Oh, I couldn’t do that . . . my little Johnny would get very upset!’ – Um, he’s a kid, he’ll get over it as quickly as he gets over being sent to his room. Cassie, may I ask if you’ve had any maladjusted adults to see you, to whom you have been able to nod with great wisdom and explain that his/her screwed-up-ness comes specifically from that time when they were a kid and their mum didn’t allow desserts?
I was brutal and cleared out every scrap of junk food (except, and I don’t know why, four bags of icing sugar that we were given. We don’t even use it – but if my boy wants to experience the type of sickness a bag of icing sugar brings, I think it would be a lesson well-learned). My 8yo still has muesli bars for his school lunch, but he doesn’t want them anymore. He wants an orange and a serve of nuts, now . . . it doesn’t take long, does it?

Regarding pop tarts . . . I don’t know how they are a staple American breakfast (I know a pop tart discussion has been had on another thread before). Maybe I didn’t have the right flavour, but we were all very unimpressed. Toaster-Strudels . . . I assume they’re a strudel designed to go in a toaster . . . well, I’ll have to take your word for the superiority of such a delicacy. Personally, I think strudels are gross!

Ah, page 13. Hilarious. Thanks for the giggles, guys.

Last edited by behaze; 03-23-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:47 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday and Thursday (Thursday's not quite over, but I feel confident reporting now):

Fitness Goals:

1. Keep up the water intake to 10 cups. Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Put every effort into my workouts. Yes, Yes, Yep, Ya-huh
3. Take a multi-vitamin every day. Yes, No (oops!), Yes, Yes

Non-Fitness Goals:

1. Start giving the house a thorough clean (one room per day). Ensuite done, Main bathroom, vanity and toilet done, Dining room done, Study done
2. Perform an anti-rain dance and get the rest of the washing cleaned and dried. Dance not successful, but two loads done. Got heaps done . . . still heaps to go (who'd have thought we had so many clothes?!), Got one load out, Am doing it now!
3. Get the lawnmower fixed and start on the jungle . . . I mean, 'lawn' again. No. No. No. No.
4. Convince my partner to remove the boxes of Christmas decorations from the laundry and store them in his workshop. No (this one will be a challenge), No. Nope. Told me it might happen next weekend.

Still feeling really positive with this P90X program we're doing. Because my partner and I do it at different times of the day, we report to each other how we did that day at night, keeping ourselves motivated.

Oooh, and guess who's got guns?! Yah, I've got guns! Bam! Then the other one . . . Pow! Yeah.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks ladies but I'm not much for a speedo.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Monday is my cheat day so I need to keep it to +729cal or less. +679

Fitness & Health
1) 65g net carbs per day (again this week) no, it was my cheat day, 65.2g 44.7g
2) work out 3 times no yes no
3) 1000 pushups 166, 160, 140I am soooo sore, my chest and arms are killing me.
4) gallon of water a day yes 169oz, yes 128oz, yes 135.2oz
5) multi vitamin (daily) yes, yes, yes
6) fish oil (daily) yes, yes, yes
7) -2400 for the week (including my cheat) +679 -952, -766

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-23-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mike, nice job on the pushups, man. Will we see them on YouTube, lol?

Behaze, yes, the jails are filled with the depraved masses who didn't get extra desserts as children; it's a crying shame, really! Actually, not as extreme, but I often hear the other way around (not through work)...people who wish their parents had taken more interest in health and nutrition. I wish my mom had. She is an awesome person and a great mom, but we grew up on a lot of convenience food and snacks. Consequently, everyone in my family developed a weight problem from a young age on. Next time I visit there I will surely post about the House of Schizophrenic Food; always an interesting trip.

Oh, and behaze, now you need that shirt that says, "Welcome to the gun show" and the little arrows pointing to your arms .

Mern, I am big on not wasting food either. I found that I do much better with that now that I think about what I eat more. Food lasts a lot longer, too...things that would have disappeared in three days before now last the whole week, which is kind of cool.

Checking in...

1. Balance calories in and calories out (ahem, by the numbers, Mike). Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Drink 2-3 big blue bottles of water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Sleep 7 hours nightly (failed miserably at this last week). No 6.5, Almost-6.75, No-6.5
4. Exercise 5-6 days; 2-3 outside. Weights inside tonight, Tennis outside this morning, Treadmill inside-got too late

5. One office organizational task per day. Yes, Yes-a biggie, Nope
6. Paint one room of trim IFF no tourney next weekend and/or work doesn't spill over into weekend.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 03-23-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.