Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Old 02-23-2011, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks! I'll be happier when it's back under 20... even if it's 19.9999999.

Last edited by quinnesec; 02-23-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday's achievements:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1597 (went to bed early so I wouldn't eat more.)
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 18.5g
Protein goal 110g, actual 138.5

Water goal 64 oz. achieved

Exercise goal was .9 mile. Got to .96 mile walking at the shopping mall non-stop. Pain level got to 9--10 would mean having to stop for 1-2 minutes to rest.

Mike, thanks for letting me know I posted on the wrong week! I TYPED it on the right week, but couldn't get on to post, so saved it on my hard drive. Just needed to cut and paste it to the right week's thread.

Mary, I agree on the importance of logging in when we're off the wagon. I, too, prefer to exercise early in the day--if I don't do it then, there's a good chance I won't do it at all. That's quite a drive to work--big chunk out of your day! Congrats on your exercise at the Y! Way to go!

Almeeker! Excellent Tuesday health and fitness goals report! Way to go!

Quinn, oh, I'm so glad I misunderstood. I thought you were having trouble resisting bread. Wow, your weight loss is awesome, by the way! I look forward to the day I can begin maintenance. Long time away, but I'll get there.

Rose, thanks for your encouragement on my walking. You're doing great on your goals this week. Congrats on your fitness achievement! That's truly awesome, girl!

Taubele, aw, I hope your back gets better soon! Hard to reach that 64 oz., isn't it? I have to deliberately plan mine out--24 oz. by the end of breakfast, 20 more by the end of lunch, and the last 20 by the end of dinner. If I get behind that schedule I either pay for it by too frequent potty breaks or don't reach my water goal at all. You and I share the same mini-goal to get under 200. You're a lot closer than I, though. I hope your doctor appointment goes well.

Rubypeanut, wishing you and your daughter well! I'm glad you were entertained by my kale and orange pop snack. LOL I actually sprinkled my cold kale with cinnamon and enjoyed that. "Variety is the spice of life." Congrats on those 20 weeks maintained!

mhibdon, congrats on walking to the gym. I know that took a lot, but I'm curious as to why you psyched yourself out. Good for you for TRADING your cheat day instead of taking an extra one. That's admirable!

Cassie, hope your shoulder heals quickly. I think that's great to meditate daily on three things you're grateful for. Thanks for your kind thoughts and suggestion, but no, I haven't tried ice on my lower back. It only takes 1-2 minutes rest sitting down to almost completely alleviate the pain. It's from an old injury back in 1977--fell backwards off a step ladder and hit my back on the rim of a metal bucket. Regular family physician didn't do anything except tell me to stay off my feet until my back healed. That was impossible with a 5 month old infant. So I guess it never healed right. I just learned to live with the pain--BUT I'm building up my walking stamina. Last week I could only do .4 mile, today I did a whole mile.

Jacqueline, my heart goes out to your mother-in-law, you, and DH! You surely do have a lot on your plate. Wishing you all peace, love, and happiness as well.

Michelle, you're doing great! Wishing you a wonderful vacation!

Sandi, congrats on that pound lost! Way to go. Glad you had a good week at the studio.

Stacey, it's great that your guy wants to eat what you eat in order to show his support. Mine eats what I eat plus he sometimes adds some carby stuff like potatoes, corn, beans, rice, etc. that I can't eat because I'm managing my pre-diabetes blood sugar without meds.

Last edited by Mern; 02-23-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Thanks! I'll be happier when it's back under 20... even if it's 19.9999999.
I bet, I'm hovering at 26.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, there are a lot of motivating posts on here. I am starting today so I hope my goals aren't too late. I will write them through next Monday, I guess so I can get on track.

My main goal today is to stop at the grocery store after ballet so that I can purchase some healthy snacks to have at work and in the car. Does anyone have any good recommendations for what I could buy?

Weekly Goals:

-Keep track of foods eaten using FitDay
-Keep calories between 1200-1350
-30-day Shred level III for 2 days
-Treadmill walk/run for 2 days
-Ballet 60 minutes 2 days

Weight loss goal to Feb. 28 is 0.5 lbs.

My main challenges:
"Snacking at work" - Mitigation Plan: I am leaving all my cash at home so that I am not tempted to purchase snacks.

"I will start my diet tomorrow" - Mitigation Plan: Join FitDay and get support from forums.

"I'm too tired to get up and work out" - Mitigation Plan: Turn TV off by 9:30 PM and lights off by 10 PM.

"Letting myself get too hungry before I eat" - Mitigation Plan: Purchase healthy snacks at grocery store to keep at work and in car.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

Prayers going up for all here with personal struggles, illnesses, diet, exercise, whatever.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, sirion. Never too late to post your goals. Wow, that's great that are formulating solutions to situations sabotaging your diet and exercise.

I often snack on fresh strawberries, protein such as hard boiled eggs, leftover chicken, beef, or lean pork, and cheese. Some like light yogurt. Last night I had cold cooked kale sprinkled with cinnamon. LOL
Old 02-23-2011, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Mern, I love the hard boiled egg suggestion. We have a fridge here at work I could keep them in. You never want to overeat hard boiled eggs so I won't be tempted to eat them all. Great idea!

Can you tell I'm a project manager with my list? LOL I've gained this dumb weight in the past two months and it needs to stop. right. now.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

You're welcome, sirion. I could tell that whatever your station in life you are accustomed to analytical thinking. Wishing you a speedy recovery from your recent gain and then a lifetime of happy maintenance.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Ok jumping in a little late but better late than never.

Goals for the week

1. Eat at least every 3 hours
2. Drink 3 bottles of water, or more, before midnight.
3. Get back to exercising- at least once before Sunday at Midnight.
4. Take things one day at a time

1. Organize the bedroom
2. Go to the bank and finish IRS stuffs
3. Finish any College Paperwork - just one paper left I think
Old 02-23-2011, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan M No, T yes 83%
~ log all foods i've eaten M no, T yes,
~ do cardio 6 days yes 1, 2
~ do strength training 6 days, yes 1,
~ get 90 oz of water in M yes, T yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food.M yes, T yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself .M yes, T yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.M yes, T yes, W yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my house. not yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.