Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10 >

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Old 02-16-2011, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Permission To Hijack, Please!

Good Morning All!

Just wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank each and every one of you on this site for helping me reach my one year of maintenance. Although it may seem easy, maintenance is, as others have said, sometimes harder than getting the weight off in the first place. I have humbly learned that it takes several things to come together, cosmically, at once.

First, it takes a permanent change in the way that you view food that doesn't end the day that you reach your goal. On other weight loss attempts, once the weight was off, I said "Boy! I'm glad that's over!" and I returned to my bad habits over time. Within a year or so the weight also returned.

Second, I look at food as an addiction much like alcohol. I can't have a little bit of deep-fried or a little bit of this or that. Once I let the forbidden food back in, it's really tough not to want more and more of it. People hate to hear this, but maintenance is dieting... you just add a few more calories of the same healthy foods to keep your weight level. Does that make sense?

Third, IT'S ALL OF YOU!!!
I have taken off big chunks of weight before, but I've never kept it off. The total difference is surrounding yourself with positive, friendly, motivated people with similar goals. I have met so many incredible people on this site over the last 14 months! Some have been with me from the start of my journey. To you I say thank you so much for sharing your journeys with me. You really inspire me. I feel a warm friendship with you all and thank you for keeping me on track (and listening to me bitch when I'm down! ) Sometimes even people within your own home just don't get it, but I always know that you do. Others that I've gotten to know over the last year, are no longer posting and I sometimes wonder how they are doing. Yet others I have just met and I love getting to know you. Your posts remind me of where I started and keep me focused on where I am.

One last thing. Thanks so much for being a group who allows everyone to share their ups and downs in life as we do this together without someone screaming "OFF TOPIC!!!" I think most of us are here because we are emotional eaters... we eat when we are happy. We eat when we are sad. We eat when we're lonely or bored. When you have a place where you can share what's going on, you're less likely to turn to food. It's all part of it. Talk things out and get it off your chest. Sometimes we can't pull our own "wagon" out of the ditch... we need a little help now and then.

Again, thanks. You're an amazing group!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Looking forward to today. It's sunny and beautiful and temps will reach the upper 40's compared to 30 below windchills last week. (Our record for today is 52.) Have a few hours of paperwork to do, then, sorry dear daughter, mom's hitting her favorite hiking trail! I'm excited to talk about "scratch cooking"! I have a culinary background and I do 100% scratch cooking. Nothing boxed enters my house. Even when I had little ones at home and worked 58 hours a week, it all started with fresh ingredients. It's not hard and you don't have to be a great cook...it just takes some planning.

Food and Diet Related:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything. yes
2. Continually drink fluids all day long. yes
3. Balance pie chart. no, carbs were high
4. Trail walk at least 3 times this week, weather permitting. today

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". (It's actually getting to be fun!) yep
2. Continue with growing mound of daughter's applications, letters, etc. (Every time I catch up, she brings me more...) UGH...yes
Old 02-16-2011, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

HAPPY MAINTENANCE ANNIVERSARY, QUINN! CONGRATULATIONS!

and thanks for your heartfelt and informative post.

Last edited by Mern; 02-16-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn,
You're a real inspiration! I haven't been participating this week, but trying to keep up with everyone and everything. I hope to be like you some day!
Old 02-16-2011, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, congrats on your one year. It's truly an accomplishment and I totally agree with everything you said. Thanks for putting it out there.

Nottango, congrats to you on only 9 pounds to go! I don't know if that recently changed, or if I am just noticing it, but that's fantastic!

I think we need a thread for scratch cooking. I am doing a lot of it but I'm always confused when people say they have no processed food at all; maybe someone can help. How do you make your own pasta, your own cereal, pretzels, things like that?

I'm going to run over and start a thread in the Food section, then run to work (well, not literally!). Have a great day!
Old 02-16-2011, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Health and fitness:
1) drink a gallon of water per day yes 140oz., yes 140oz.
2) 400 cals deficient for 6 days nope (cheat day) yes -317
3) workout 3 days no yes
4) play tennis at least one time no, no
5) no cereal for the week no, no
6) stay off the scale until Friday didn't get on it, still doing good

Other:
1) make 50 calls to prospects 0 (took day off)11
2) clean my car nope, no
Old 02-16-2011, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Stop whatever you are doing right this second (and let's be clear here, I know you are sitting on your butt looking at your computer monitor), drop down and do as many push-ups as you can for one whole minute. It's okay if you have to drop down to your knees, but don't let up for the whole minute.

Okay now how many did you do?

I managed 15 regular and 17 more on my knees. This was after I'd done planks, so my arms were already shaking, I expect your numbers to be higher, now get to it.
nice job. I managed 56 regular.

Jess, the period talk doesn't bother me. I'm an adult, I deal with them too and soon will have to deal with hot flashes. I hate when it's my "time of the month", I feel so bloated, moody, I can eat the house down and my nipples get tender... when they aren't bleeding, and damn it sometimes I just want to be left alone so I can watch Lifetime or WE.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Stop whatever you are doing right this second (and let's be clear here, I know you are sitting on your butt looking at your computer monitor), drop down and do as many push-ups as you can for one whole minute. It's okay if you have to drop down to your knees, but don't let up for the whole minute.

Okay now how many did you do?

I managed 15 regular and 17 more on my knees. This was after I'd done planks, so my arms were already shaking, I expect your numbers to be higher, now get to it.
All right! I will do this once I get to my work I'm currently at the dentist while my boyfriend is getting drilled and hopefully can make it home to work out before I go work but I have Friday off! Woo!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, I would love to take on your push up challenge--later. I'm STILL sick! Amazing, since I never get anything. Last night's temp was 101 again, and I'm thinking I might have a secondary infection (sinus?). I've felt good enough to maintain some exercise, esp weight training. But no high-end cardio, just cycling on errands and commutes.

Goals are to drink, drink, drink and continue eating clean. Still trying to add in some calories with healthy foods. Discovered I was eating at least 800-1000 calories a day in junk food! Essentially, I need to replace some of those calories with clean foods.

Diet/Fitness goals
1) 1600 cal/day, under 30% fat (yes all week)
2) 400-600/day calorie deficit through exercise alone by doing: (more like 300 a day)
a) cardio 5X/week
b) weights, 2X/week-full body (yes for the week)
4) 8+ glasses of water (yes all week)

Personal Project Goals:
1) Spend more time in my studio--4 days/wk minimum (only 2 days but productive)

Height: 5'4.5" (and shrinking!)
Start Weight 1/1: 135
Weight 2/16: 127.5 (already met next Monday's goal!)
Goal 2/21: 127.5
4/1/11 Goal: still 125!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hey all I'm on my iPod so I can't do multiple quotes or anything and glad I'm not the one being seen by the dentist lol ugh I hate the dentist

Mern- will do but it's difficult for me to follow because I'm at work most of my days but I try to eat K every chance I get but I'll let you know if the scale moves from it lol

QUINN- Congrats!!!!! It's always wonderful to hear some one be successful with their goals and I agree that having others around to encourage you definitely helps!

Mike- Bleeding nipples? I hope you're just joking but not all women watch Life and We I actually watch Spike and G4 lol but I'm a nerd lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.