Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10 >

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Old 02-23-2011, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Tuesday's achievements:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1597 (went to bed early so I wouldn't eat

more.)
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 18.5g
Protein goal 110g, actual 138.5

Water goal 64 oz. achieved

Exercise goal was .9 mile. Got to .96 mile walking at the shopping mall non-stop. Pain level got to 9--10 would mean having to stop for 1-2 minutes to rest.

Mary, I agree on the importance of logging in when we're off the wagon. I, too, prefer to exercise early in the day--if I don't do it then, there's a good chance I won't do it at all. That's quite a drive to work--big chunk out of your day! Congrats on your exercise at the Y! Way to go!

Almeeker! Excellent Tuesday health and fitness goals report! Way to go!

Quinn, oh, I'm so glad I misunderstood. I thought you were having trouble resisting bread. Wow, your weight loss is awesome, by the way! I look forward to the day I can begin maintenance. Long time away, but I'll get there.

Rose, thanks for your encouragement on my walking. You're doing great on your goals this week. Congrats on your fitness achievement! That's truly awesome, girl!

Taubele, aw, I hope your back gets better soon! Hard to reach that 64 oz., isn't it? I have to deliberately plan mine out--24 oz. by the end of breakfast, 20 more by the end of lunch, and the last 20 by the end of dinner. If I get behind that schedule I either pay for it by too frequent potty breaks or don't reach my water goal at all. You and I share the same mini-goal to get under 200. You're a lot closer than I, though. I hope your doctor appointment goes well.

Rubypeanut, wishing you and your daughter well! I'm glad you were entertained by my kale and orange pop snack. LOL I actually sprinkled my cold kale with cinnamon and enjoyed that. "Variety is the spice of life." Congrats on those 20 weeks maintained!

mhibdon, congrats on walking to the gym. I know that took a lot, but I'm curious as to why you psyched yourself out. Good for you for TRADING your cheat day instead of taking an extra one. That's admirable!

Cassie, hope your shoulder heals quickly. I think that's great to meditate daily on three things you're grateful for. Thanks for your kind thoughts and suggestion, but no, I haven't tried ice on my lower back. It only takes 1-2 minutes rest sitting down to almost completely alleviate the pain. It's from an old injury back in 1977--fell backwards off a step ladder and hit my back on the rim of a metal bucket. Regular family physician didn't do anything except tell me to stay off my feet until my back healed. That was impossible with a 5 month old infant. So I guess it never healed right. I just learned to live with the pain--BUT I'm building up my walking stamina. Last week I could only do .4 mile, today I did a whole mile.

Jacqueline, my heart goes out to your mother-in-law, you, and DH! You surely do have a lot on your plate. Wishing you all peace, love, and happiness as well.

Michelle, you're doing great! Wishing you a wonderful vacation!

Sandi, congrats on that pound lost! Way to go. Glad you had a good week at the studio.

Stacey, it's great that your guy wants to eat what you eat in order to show his support. Mine eats what I eat plus he sometimes adds some carby stuff like potatoes, corn, beans, rice, etc. that I can't eat because I'm managing my pre-diabetes blood sugar without meds.
oh wow, I feel bad that you typed all that for the wrong week. Blame Stacey. j/k