Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10 >

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Old 02-18-2011, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Mern

Thank you for the encouraging words! I could really use them today. I don't know what's up with me but I've just been feeling down in the dumps these past few days-and my period is over so I can't blame that. Maybe because I didn't end up with today off but that's no reason to mope around and what not. However, I will be having a busy day tomorrow- taking placement tests for College in the Summer- taking a math test.. icck I suck at Math and I haven't used it in over a year.. and getting my hair done, dyed with blonde and black tones.. I'm nervous because I have never gone blonde before but I'm ready for a change in my appearance and my weight isn't disappearing as quickly as I'd like lol

But I will have Monday off, so after I get past waking up at 7:30 am tomorrow- which hasn't happened in months, It will be a good day. Just need to get past these next 8 hours! Plus I get paid today.

I can do it!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know if it's getting to be that time of the month for me but sometimes I read a post that just rubs me wrong. Being civil and tactful is becoming more of a challenge.

Before anyone asks, I'm not bloated, my nipples aren't tender and I'm not stuck in bed watching Lifetime so I guess it really could be worse.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I don't know if it's getting to be that time of the month for me but sometimes I read a post that just rubs me wrong. Being civil and tactful is becoming more of a challenge.

Before anyone asks, I'm not bloated, my nipples aren't tender and I'm not stuck in bed watching Lifetime so I guess it really could be worse.
Uh oh, what did my post do you to?
Old 02-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Jess, it wasn't you. I have had a chance to read any posts here. Just needed to vent.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Jess, it wasn't you. I have had a chance to read any posts here. Just needed to vent.
Ah ok.. lol that's good to know, I was trying to see if I had said anything wrong in my post =P but vent away!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

lol, nothing else really to say. I probably shouldn't have said what I did. I need to play nice and be a good moderator.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

I think I saw what you're talking about. If I'm right, just ignore him.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

quinn, I probably should ignore him although I already replied. I guess I'll try my best to stay out of it if it continues.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Well, when all else fails, Michaels vodka/grapefruit...minus the grapefruit sounds like a plan. I think I'll have one now...
Old 02-18-2011, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

mhibdon, I understand your problem. I, too, am pre diabetic but I don't take meds. It may not be your calorie intake but your carb intake that is keeping you from losing weight. At over 200 pounds, there was a time that I was gaining weight on just 1500 calories per day while exercising faithfully. I started logging my food for the doctor to evaluate so she could be sure I was eating balanced meals, not skipping any food groups, and getting the recommended daily allowance of vitamins and minerals. She also made sure I was getting enough protein to help my body burn fat and speed up my metabolism. While keeping my calories, exercise, and water the same, we experimented to determine at what level of CARB INTAKE I gained weight, maintained weight, and lost weight. When we were done, I was able to ADD another 100 calories per day and eat the correct level of carbs that enabled me to lose weight.

Snacks of protein or protein and fat like cheese and eggs may help curb hunger pangs better than celery sticks or other low calorie foods.

There's no one pre-diabetic diet that fits all (and I know you weren't asking for one.) You and your doctor can figure out together what's right for you. Best wishes. You can do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.