Community
Notices

Motivational Thread starting 02/07

Old 02-10-2011, 01:52 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi All,
I had to step away from the thread this week as work was just too hectic. But just so ya know, I've stayed pretty true to the standard weekly list.

But I did want to chime in on the marriage thing. DH and I will be celebrating our 25th in March. And we have had some rough patches over the years. We're both pretty head strong, and since we are both in pretty high stress, publish or perish jobs, we sometimes forget that there is someone else, besides ourselves, we need to care for in this relationship. In other words, both of us have been very self centered and selfish from time to time. And that can be very distructive to any relationship

Many, many years ago good old Dear Abby had a great slogan (for lack of a better term): "Would you be better off without him/her?" Since neither of us have ever been able to honestly say yes, even in the worst of times, we stuck it out. And yes, we are happier and more in love than ever.

The other thing that has worked for us is that while like Quinn says we have never put our pals before each other we do, indeed, have some independence. We have stuff we share, and stuff we do with buddies. We're kind of the antithesis of co-dependence.

And yes... date night pretty much every week. Although sometimes we have a candle light dinner in our jammies - just so we're clear what comes next .

Most of our friends are working on their 2nd or 3rd marriages. We feel blessed that found each other.

Pam
Old 02-10-2011, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

michelle ~ well that explains it, but like we all know doesn't make it right. i respect your professionalism & won't pry. hehehe i like my purple costume too & once i 'shrink' a little i have one i bought from another bellydancer a pretty blue that i'll spruce up.

ruby ~ nice that this thread cheers you up.

okay weighed myself this evening 167.2 lbs not the best time to weigh myself in the evening. i don't feel great about it, but that number will drop RIGHT?

anyways off to do some bollywood practicing.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

well practicing didn't work to well...lol. haven't done this choreo since the summer & it's all broken down written, BUT i learn choreo by learning the steps with the music once i know a piece i can tell exactly where i am by the slightest beat, however we never totally learned this piece soooo i'm trying to remember by reading the choreo & that's not how i learn choreo so it is very fruitless though i do love the music. i think once my son is in bed i'll play it in the living & just rock out to it...lol...& improve, get some exercise. try to remember the parts i can. we practice next week so it's not the end of the world.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

The Oreo discussion got me earlier today. I had a chocolate Vitatops and it was awesome.

I was cranky today. I did what I thought was a beastly cardio workout and wore my heart monitor for it. At the end of an hour my muscles were on fire and I felt like I had really worked hard. I looked at the heart rate monitor and...246 measly calories. Seriously? At that point I really did think for a brief moment, "what's the use?" I think I'm over it now (and mollified myself with fantasies of afterburn), but it's just as well I'm not getting on the scale this week; no need to add to the frustration!

Soo..., today was:

1. Calorie deficit of 250-300, because I keep slipping and can't get back to my pre-holiday weight/body fat % Yes, Yes but barely, Yes, Yes
2. Balance the pie chart, carbs no more than 45% Yes-45, Yes-45, Yes-43 (somehow, success on my meatless day this week), Yes-45
3. Exercise 7X's (daily, or double up) Doubled up today (weights and intervals), yes (3 mile run), yes (hour of yoga), yes (cardio with weights for an hour)
4. Sleep at least seven hours a night. Fail, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Get in three of my water bottles daily (I'm pretty regular about 2) Yes, Just finishing, No, Yes
6. Stay off the scale this week Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

7. One organizational office task per day (at least a small one) Not today-but I helped set up the Scholastic Book Fair at school, Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Finish painting stair trim and spindles by end of weekend Weekend being the operative word...
9. Try a new healthy recipe or make over an old one Not yet
10. Complete the family financial summit with hubby Scheduled for Saturday

I hope you all have had a great day!

(Pam...why bother with jammies, lol? Actually, I would imagine eating sans clothing would pretty much be a pretty strong portion control motivator for anyone...).
Old 02-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Health & Fitness Related:
1) (Sunday) 1/2 Marathon in 2h 38m or faster Maybe if I can get this damn blister to heal!
2) Gallon of water per day. yes 135.2oz.,yes 135.2oz,101.4oz.,yes 135.2oz.
3) 200 pushups 0,75,0,75
4) 50 pullups 0,20,0,0
5) 50 chinups 0,20,0,0

Other Goals:
1) Make a YouTube Video (put some effort in to this)... this may not be until next week, b/c I'll want to update on the race. not yet, nope, no,nope
2) Make a big, nasty pan of lasagna for my SIL (day before the race carb load). BTW Big & Nasty is a good thing.

The impossible:
1) Don't weight myself until Friday so far so good, nope, no, still holding out.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:41 PM
FitDay Member

1. Eat between 1300 and 1400 per day and NOT go over. 1. YES! Yay!/ 2. Yep =) 2 days in a row!/3. Yep, below 1400/ 4. Pretty sure it can't go over 1400 in an hour and a half =P
2. Drink my 96 oz of Water per day. 1. Yep and then some./ 2. I always drink more and thats good/ 3. Yes/ 4. Yes
3. Get out the dumbbells and use them at least once a day if not more. 1/ Yea, a few minutes before work./2. No =(/ 3. Nope. / 4. No
4. Go Shopping this week and get HEALTHY low-cal foods. 1. Not Yet but no money yet./ 2. This is a Thursday or Friday goal/3. Tonight at MIDNIGHT! Or so

Feeling a bit bummed tonight, my room mates did their taxes and got a crap ton back- I only got a little and it's all going to darn Uncle Sam >(
Old 02-10-2011, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Best way to make the chocolate okay: Do some sit ups in between each piece, or only allow yourself to have some after you've burnt some calories in the "Sexual Activities" tab
Lmao lovely advice =P I love Chocolate too and I like the second activity more than the first though.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jhowar16
Feeling a bit bummed tonight, my room mates did their taxes and got a crap ton back- I only got a little and it's all going to darn Uncle Sam >(
I owe Uncle Sam a few grand then I had to come up with $1100 this week for my E&O insurance for work. Speaking of... Cassie, do you have to carry E&O?
Old 02-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

I've posted this before, if you are having a chocolate craving try this:

"Chocolate Mousse"
I do a ratio of 1:10

1= Optimum Nutrition (gold standard) Chocolate Supreme Casein Protein (which ever protein or brand that you prefer)
10= Non Fat Greek Yogurt.

Here's out it looks... 17 grams Casein Protein + 170grams (6oz container) Oikos Plain Organic Greek Yogurt. Mix it up and throw it in the freezer for a few mins.

159 cals
.5g fat = 3%
8.3g carbs = 21%
29.6g protein = 76% (slow digesting protein to get you through the night)
Old 02-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I owe Uncle Sam a few grand then I had to come up with $1100 this week for my E&O insurance for work. Speaking of... Cassie, do you have to carry E&O?
I carry professional liability (malpractice) insurance, if that's similar, but I've never heard it called E&O.

Jess, I feel ya. I never get anything back either; being self-employed, nothing is taken out of my check; instead, I have the pleasure of writing Uncle Sam a check every three months. I know it all works out the same, but it stinks every year when everyone I know is planning how to use their refunds .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.