Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 02-22-2012, 09:57 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Rubystars, unfortunately I finished the wine this evening- one small glass but no chocolate after another c****y day at work. Otherwise my food diary today is pretty good and I came in under 1200 even with the booze. was at a conference this morning and they gave us lunch or rather I would have had lunch but it was curry and they put mushrooms in it, my one allergy so no curry for me. They also had plates of cream cakes, doughnuts and scones with cream and jam but I was strong and declined the goodies. So nothing for me until dinner this evening and even though I was so very hungry I managed to keep to a normal portion. I really want to finish this week on a high so fingers crossed, or rather lips crossed that I can maintain a good deficit over the next few days
It's late and I'm totally whacked this evening so off to bed I go.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

It's been a rough week at work but I have been reasonably good at eating well. Yesterday evening I had a large tossed salad with some meat. Tonight a small Thai curry. For lunch both days it's been fruit. The one thing ( well among a few) that I have not been doing is logging my food properly and I know fom bitter experience that I need to do this to keep me on track. So next week I have to log everything, the good, the bad and the just plain sneaky. Tomorrow evening I am off to a 60s/70s night and I hope that all the dancing that I plan to do will shake a few lbs off.
I know it's Friday and the start of the weekend but I haven't opened a bottle of wine so no splishy, splashy tonight. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

I have spent all morning and afternoon with my 4 & 5 year old nieces. We have bowled and golfed, gone across to the park and played ball and I am exhausted.... My niece was having a facial that I bought her for Christmas and she so deserves it. She is a great Mum and she is studying to be a social worker as well, so I thought a little pampering was in order. She had a great time and her partner (not the girls father)took her out to lunch afterwards. They have all gone home so that she can get some quality time alone with them this evening. I on the other hand am showering, hair styling and making up to go to a 60s/70s night where my ex husband will be. We split up over 35 years ago and i have absolutely no feelings one way or another for him but I'm damned if I'm not going to look my best. Food has been good today and I dont intend to drink much this evening so hopefully a good day overall.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:29 PM
FitDay Member

Had a blast last night, and any calories that I may have consumed in beer should have been danced off cos I was on the floor most of the night. It was great to see so many old friends there, people I haven't spoken to in over 25 years and it was even better to hear them say how well I looked and mean it!!!
The music was 60s and 70s and we strutted our stuff like we used to. As the night wore on and the beer kicked in I got more adventurous and when they put on Tina Turner doing Proud Mary I did an impersonation of her and got a round of applause...
My ex and his wife were there and at one point he came over to our table to speak with the guys and then realised it was me and the look on his face was priceless. All he could say was -"You look so young, I thought you were ........'s sister." Result.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:19 PM
FitDay Member

Ok it's now Wednesday and I know I have been AWOL but I have been good. Work is mad and it was very late before I got home yesterday. I had been trying to eat my dinner ( chunky vegetable soup) from around 5pm but never managed it so on the way home I bought some sandwiches and ended up sitting in bed eating my dinner at 12:30, not good.
I have so many small things that I need to get done and hopefully I will be home on time Thursday and if I can only put them all into a priority list at least I might be able to get my head around them all.
I need lists, I have always been known in my family as a lister. I still write them out on paper but I also keep them on the computer and I've even been known to make lists of the lists I need to make.....
I have been logging each day this week and that really does help so I'm hopeful that this week will bring a loss. I've been idling for the past few months and it's time to kick start my journey again before the summer comes.
Enjoy your day and let's shed a lb or two this week, you know you want to.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Poor Davy Jones, sad to hear that he has passed away. I loved Saturdays and the Monkees show, they were a big part of my growing up years. Peter Tork was my favourite but I think most people had a soft spot for Davy.
Not a bad day food wise, had wonderful vegetable soup this evening, made by my mother and a teensy weensy bit of carrot cake for afters.
I went into Lakeland yesterday, it sells all manner of things for the cook, housewife and scullery maid. I was fascinated by all the things that i hadnt even realised you might need to supply your family with good food, or to keep your house bright as a new pin.
I saw tins to make darioles?, electric mini cupcake makers,a thermospatula, a gadget to slice your pineapple a gadget that looked like a woodwork vice but was actually for peeling apples and a silicone spice tube, which was actually an updated version of the old bouquet garni. There were hundreds of cleaning products along with hundreds of different types of cleaning cloths. My favourite thing you cant do without is a bag master, a stand to hold your freezer bag while you pour something into it.
I feel such a failure not having all these things in my house, I'm going to go make a list of all the things I need.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

A fair day today but all the wrong things. Forgot to take any lunch with me to work and ended up eating biscuits which put me in the mood for more garbage. Came home, had pasta with lots of veg and chilli tuna and nearly avoided the wine.....
However I stopped at one small glass so damage limitation is good.
My BF is coming here tomorrow but he will be working away until Sunday, then we have afew days together until he goes back, it always feels like a holiday when he is here or |I go to see him and as you know holidays play hell with your good intentions!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:39 PM
FitDay Member

Need to get up from this chair and get ready for work. Picking BF up from airport at midday but then I'm waving him off this evening until Sunday. Next week we will have a few days free together, I have to think of something interesting to do, maybe our newly refurbished museum. I had thought about visiting a few potential wedding venues as well. There's also a few house repairs that I need his help with. He is in much better shape than he was at Christmas and has now stopped insulin totally and is reducing his tablets too. He has achieved this with better eating habits and regular exercise and I am very proud of him.
Usually when he is here we have a relaxed attitude to food and drink and eat out a lot, but now we both need to be careful so hopefully that will make the difference. He is always keen for us to get out and walk so I guess I'd better look out the boots.
Have a great Friday everyone and let's try to control the weekend wipeout that happens so often.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

OMGCB I can't believe that I have been AWOL for over a week. No excuses just a severe lack of motivation combined with an overwhelming compulsion to undo my good work.
Work has been very stressful, I had a week off but ended up there every day for at least a few hours and even though my partner was here for the week he was also working and we spent very little together time. I am still sabotaging my healthy lifestyle choices but only by small amounts over the past few days, by Monday I should be back to getting it all in order again.
Yes I know that I should be doing that today but I'm struggling. If I can limit the damage, I'll be happy and the next few days will give me the space to regroup and get back into attack mode. It has now been over two months since I have lost any more than a half pound or so and have in fact gained and lost the same 3 lbs over and over.
Summer is headed this way and although I will look so much better than last year I still have a way to go. My biggest worry is that I will start to really slack off and the weight will creep up again as it can do so easily.
So forgive me for staying away, and bear with me as I kick myself up the butt and get going in the right direction again. Hope you all have been doing better than I have.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:38 PM
FitDay Member

Ok Monday was a washout of sorts. I had a public holiday day off and got stuck into cleaning and gardening so there was quite a lot of activity. Foodwise during the day was not too bad and then my friend arrived for dinner, I made a great stir fry with turkey and loads of veggies and just a few noodles. However she brought down berry muffins for afters and of course there was the obligatory wine and then a couple of choccies with coffee. So I think the day probably balanced out.
Today I am back to logging, lots of fruit for lunch and a large ham salad for tea tonight. The next couple of days have to be low as this weekend is a social one. Fri night I'm out with girls I used to work with and Sat I am out with family for my sons 40th birthday.
I will let you know my totals for each day so you can keep an eye on me.
My friend had sad news for me last night, we recently lost a friend who was only 48 and now another has been diagnosed with a brain tumour and is waiting to hear if it is operable. I need to work on my health but I also need to savour each day as who knows what the future holds.
On a more positive note I have finally sorted a holiday in Turkey in Oct for my two sons, my daughter-in-law and my BF. we are flying from 3 different airports to meet up in Olu Deniz. It's only a week but it will be lovely to spend some time with my grown up kids.
Now it's work time and it's a long day today so I'll catch up later, enjoy whatever you are up to and stay healthy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.