Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 01-29-2012, 05:52 PM
FitDay Member

It's 06:30 and I am up,showered and dressed, having my wholewheat toast and coffee. My lunch is packed and I'm ready to go. So what's wrong with this picture - I'm an hour early, I thought I had slept in, rushed into the bathroom, rushed downstairs, ran around sorting my life and then caught sight of the clock and wow, not late, early. So I am enjoying a leisurely few minutes before my long drive. Stepped on the scales this morning and I am happy to report a LOSS of 1.5lbs. I still have the same amount to lose to get back to my pre Christmas lowest but at least it is starting to go in the right direction again.
New week, new goal - GET MOVING MORE. I have so few excuses (none actually) for not being active at least part of the day, I can get away to use a treadmill most days at work, I have a treadmill in my little summerhouse at home and I have a Wii with sports and dance discs. So what is stopping me, easy one - laziness and lack of will power. However I know that it can make a big difference to my losses so I need to keep thinking about that when I start to find reasons why I can't be bothered to exercise.
I have two and half weeks before I see BF again and it will be our Valentine get together so I would like to be back below 147, so better get on with it. Have a great Monday.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

I have been doing quite well these past two days and then today...
Firstly I had planned on doing my 30 mins around 1pm but from then until leaving time I was caught up with work and didn't get a brek. Off to my mums for tea and a lovely big bowl of homemade vegetable soup, but of course I had to have some crusty bread and butter to go with it and a currant square for afters. Home late so not in mood to exercise this evening and so I decided to clear out fridge and get dinner out of freezer for tomorrow, big mistake - in the fridge I found a slice of cherry frangipani pie that my son had forgotten to take home Sunday and the eat by date is today, and beside that is the remains of the carton of cream which again should be used today or thrown out. My mother brought me up not to waste food so of course I felt obliged to scoff the pie with some cream, the rest went to the cat!!! Now I feel flabby and over fed, they should have gone straight into the bin. Too late for crying over spilt milk ( or scoffed cream), better day tomorrow I hope.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Better day today, ate well and did my 30mins on the treadmill. Went to buy a new bra and I actually found one that fits properly and didn't cost the earth, think I might go back tomorrow and buy a couple more in different colours. I have been gradually throwing out my old ones, I put it on in the morning and if it looks ok I wear it but if the back has ridden way up by the end of the day or my boobs are falling out if I move then it's into the bin.
I'm still looking for a Valentine's present and I think I'll go for his favourite really good bottle of wine and a DVD. That should add up to a cosy night in.
Just had dinner and I have left enough calories for a snack later if I really want one but I'm hoping that I won't. My weight has been going up and down this week so I really have to make a big effort this weekend, fortunately I have no outings planned so I can be strict.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Soooo glad it is the weekend, lots of small jobs to do but nothing major so plenty of time to relax and enjoy a few days off. I'm going shopping for flooring, bras and a tv stand but not necessarily in that order. My hair is getting longer and it doesn't have a style at present but I just don't know how I would like it cut. It's thick with a slight wave and my mother insists that I suit it short but BF prefers it longer. I watch ads with beautiful celebs with thick lustrous locks and so I put rollers in mine but I just end up looking like Priscilla Presley when she first married Elvis.....Big Hair. I also want new jeans and for once I am going to spend a little time getting a pair that fit well as in a couple of weeks I am going to a 60s/70s night where lots of old friends from my teenage years will be getting together, most of whom I haven't seen in decades so I really want to look good...is that wrong or vain or just human nature? Anyway here's to the weekend, splashy splashy everyone.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Sunday and I am so disgusted with myself as I appear to have put on 3 lbs since Monday. Only I know that I was NOT that bad this week so what has happened? It is so frustrating when you have been better than you have in weeks and put weight on. It's bitterly cold here and I have not been very active this weekend although I have been working on my online course and sorting out my mums holiday insurance so it has been productive. I now have 10 days before I go see my BF and I don't want to be bigger than when I last saw him, so everyday next week I will be on here telling the truth and laying it out there in the hope that it will keep me straight. I bought two new bra sets today which actually fit me properly so now my bosom is back where it belongs.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

Lizzie over your journey you have gained enough knowledge that if you fall off the horse you have to get right back on. So put your foot in the stirrup and giddy up.
Don't be disgusted at yourself that alone will stall your weight loss. Look forward. You know what you gotta do. There, that was my attempt at tough love. Hugs to you for a better week.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down

Thanks crazigerl, I'm saddled up and ready to ride off into the sunset and then back again.
Today was pretty good. Had mostly fruit and some ham for lunch and then threw together a great big salad to have with a couple of slices of pizza. Now I know pizza is not a great food but it gives me my protein with the cheese and chicken on it and I have counted up today's calories and I'm coming in under 1200. I've just finished cutting up mangoes and pineapple for the next few days lunches, getting prepared is a good idea then I don't just grab a sarnie from the shops.
I'm just a bit worried that I'm stalled in my loss, it always surprised me when I saw the scales go down, it was like I was waiting for it all to start going wrong. It's been such a long time since I was slim that I can't really believe I will get there again. I think if I can just get down below the weight I had reached before Christmas ( 147 ) then I'll start to believe again.
Forgot to say that the scales showed an increase of 2lbs since last Monday so I'm back to 150.5. That mini goal of 145 isn't going to happen this time
Old 02-07-2012, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Less than 1100 today and lots of fruit and salad. Should have been at work this evening but managed to skip off early, it's like getting a surprise gift and I have been making the most of it. I'm off in a few moments to relax in a luxurious bubbly bath, do all my defuzzing etc, lavish my body with gorgeous christmas present creams and then an early night with my ereader.
As you may have guessed i dont do much real cooking but recently i made apple and cinnamon muffins which turned out really well, but then i decided they were too high in carbs and cals so I tried making them with flaxseed meal but they were a disaster, totally
inedible, horrible texture and no taste at all. It was probably my baking ability or lack of but I was so disappointed as the first batch were actually really scrummy. Maybe I should start with half and half or maybe I should just make the original ones and keep them for special treats.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Had packed a good lunch of fruit and some hamand cheese and then BAM the cookie genie appeared with a large Belgian choc chunk cookie and before you could say Abracadabra it was gone, inside my belly. So I went online and checked the calories and was absolutely horrified to see 320 come up, that's almost an entire meal and yes it was tasty but not THAT tasty. Now you may wonder that I did not know how high cookies are but I'm sure ones I've had in the past have not been that much. So I ditched the cheese and ham and only ate the fruit so here's hoping my damage limitation works.
Im doing an online course at present and I'm using it as an excuse for not exercising, you know, home from work, eat, course, then too tired to start any physical activity, what a crock of s**t, that should read- work, sit around at lunchtime when you could be downstairs on the treadmill, home, eat, watch telly, course, watch telly, go on forum, play game on DS, bed, read. As you can see there are several places there when I could be up and moving, so how come I just don't do it, is it laziness ( I don't think so ) I think it's a state of mind that I just can't seem to shake.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Overall a good day foodwise despite my work computer throwing a wobbly fit and not allowing me into my documents and a visitor arriving with great big gooey buns ( cakes, not his butt). Thankfully they were full of custard and I hate custard so I could honestly say no thank you and not care that the others were wolfing them down. If only I hated all the other bad stuff, life would be so much easier.
I think I posted that my BF had been pretty ill over Christmas and was diagnosed with Diabetes and put on insulin injections. Well he has settled so well that the clinic is going to try him on meds and diet only, they have already reduced the insulin right down and he comes off at the end of next week, it'll take a few weeks to see if he can control his blood sugars without it but we are both hopeful.
I am working close to home tomorrow so I get an extra hour in bed...bliss and I have made an appointment to get my hair cut. Nothing drastic just a tidy up, so i am trying a local hairdresser who doesn't charge as much as my regular one. I dont mind paying if I am going for a complete re-style but I only want a trim so dont want to spend a lot.
Im going to ring my friend this evening to see if she wants to meet up for tea tomorrow eve, and then Sat is muffin baking day, before I go to bed tonight I am going to check out recipes and pick the lowest calorie wise and the healthiest, I'll let you know what my research turns up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.