Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 02-10-2012, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Had my trim and I will reserve judgement on this hairdresser until I wash it myself and see if I can get it to sit. Some hairdresser's dont seem to hear you when you say that
1. You dont want a full fringe as you have a cow's lick and it just seperates and looks odd.
2. You hate hair falling into your eyes so dont make the fringe too long.
3. You dont want them to chop into it too much as you cant get some bits to sit flat when you have to dry it yourself.
4. You like it back from your face do dont blow dry it all forward.

Now I am sitting at the computer peering out from under my long fringe and wondering what part of my instructions he didnt understand. I know I could have asked him to take more off but I did and he just kept snipping little bit off the front but chunks off the back so I wanted out before the fringe was the longest part of my hair. Why do they intimidate us, after all we are the ones who are paying.
My apologies to any hairdressers out there who listen to their clients and I have to say that my regular one does but she is on maternity leave at present.
Anyway it's 1/2 pizza night and I am so looking forward to it along with a small glass of vino. Splishy splashy everyone, and TG it's Friday.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:53 PM
FitDay Member

Was having a Saturday lie in but that didn't last long. I got a call from work and am now trying to sort out a problem which will take me most of the morning. Had planned on doing some shopping and then meeting up with my friend for lunch but I guess that will have to wait. Got to go now but will catch you all later, have a good sat.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:43 PM
FitDay Member

So Sat was a wash out, problems at work so I didn't get to do anything I needed to. My friend arrived in the afternoon and came bearing white choc and raspberry muffins. Now what sort of friend spurns gifts, I just had to join her in coffee and buns. We caught up on the gossip and then I invited her to stay for dinner. That meant opening the wine and as she would be driving later, I drank the majority of it. She is a big sweet lover ( despite being tiny) so I got the B & J from the freezer, more cals for me. Not my best day.
On the upside I obviously had ice cream in the freezer which I had bought weeks ago and still hadn't opened, that's a first for me.
I have my Valentine's card ready to post and I'm off out to get some fruit and veg for lunches next week. Making a casserole for dinner tonight and I am NOT opening another bottle of wine cos then I would have to drink it all as I'm not having alcohol during the week (unless I'm on holiday, or out for a treat or......)
Old 02-13-2012, 06:49 PM
FitDay Member

Another week another struggle but life is seldom easy. I think I lost around 1 lb last week but I didn't get to weigh in Monday morning so I won't change my numbers just yet. Long day at work today so I've loaded up my lunchbox with pineapple, cherries, mango and strawberries. For this evening I have some protein, corned beef in a wholewheat sandwich.
Hopefully that will do today as I don't get time to eat properly most Tuesdays. I am all packed and ready to roll after work tomorrow, I have my posh frock for Friday evening and some warm clothes for getting out and about. My BF is much better at exercising than I am so I'm going to follow his lead while I'm there and hopefully if the weather stays not too stormy we can at least go walking. Happy Valentines everyone.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default Honey I'm home

Have just arrived at BF's house after an easy flight and we are sipping champagne and waiting for our Thai food. I have been very good today with just a little fruit for lunch and my portion of curry is small so I am not going mad......yet!!! He is looking so much better and has lost some weight too, I am really going to enjoy this little break.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:16 PM
FitDay Member

Have fun and burn off some calories. lol.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:23 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks crazigerl I'll try lol.

The bottle of wine that should have been delivered on Valentine's Day didn't arrive. I wrote an email to the company who said that the courier had tried to deliver it on the 14 th and the 15 th and had left a card. I replied that no card had been left and that there is a sign on the door giving an alternate address ( a neighbour who will sign for parcels) on the door.
The couriers called last night to say it would be delivered this morning, so I was keeping an eye out and sure enough I saw their van go past the house and I went to the front door to wait but they turned around at the end of the street and drove straight past the house!!
We called the depot and he should be coming back later but that means we can't go out to do things as I just don't trust this guy to get it right. Apparently BF has had problems with these particular couriers before, we think it's the same guy who does this area every time and who just isn't doing his job properly.
I am ashamed to say that I am sitting on my butt on the sofa drinking coffee and watching TV while BF has been on his cross trainer for an hour, I'm such an unmotivated cow at the moment. Going to get me a Zumba DVD and shake this ass a lot more.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:00 PM
FitDay Member

It's now Sunday morning and I leave again in a few hours. The time we have together goes by too quickly but I have enjoyed the last few days. We went out for a drive into the country yesterday, actually we went to pick up some stuff from his work but it turned into a miserable rainy day so we didn't get to go for a walk, just stopped at a little pub for an hour or so and sat by a log fire and just chatted. All in all a mixed bag foodwise, probably more than I would eat at home but didn't pig out too much. Back to the grind tomorrow and a stressful week ahead, can't say I am looking forward to going home except of course it's close to my family and my cat will be waiting for me too. Goals coming up tomorrow and a date to aim for as well. Join me in getting some focus back and making this a slimmer Easter.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

It is now Tuesday and I couldn't bring myself to post yesterday as I am ashamed to say that my scales registered 152.5lbs. I started the day positively enough but work was a nightmare, I had an abusive phone call which led to all sorts of problems, none of which were of my making and I left work with a what the hell attitude which translated into wine and chocolate. Even though I know that they won't make me feel better in the long term, my two buddies booze and choccies give me an instant comfort hit. Today is my long work day but I am well on track to make it a good food day.
My new mini goal is April 28 when I am going for a long weekend to Majorca with my BF, sis and her hubby and my mother, and I know I said this about the last one but I WILL hit this one, I promise myself.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:48 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
It is now Tuesday and I couldn't bring myself to post yesterday as I am ashamed to say that my scales registered 152.5lbs. I started the day positively enough but work was a nightmare, I had an abusive phone call which led to all sorts of problems, none of which were of my making and I left work with a what the hell attitude which translated into wine and chocolate. Even though I know that they won't make me feel better in the long term, my two buddies booze and choccies give me an instant comfort hit. Today is my long work day but I am well on track to make it a good food day.
My new mini goal is April 28 when I am going for a long weekend to Majorca with my BF, sis and her hubby and my mother, and I know I said this about the last one but I WILL hit this one, I promise myself.
Maybe you needed the wine and chocolate, just as long as you don't use it as your go-to coping strategy all the time I'm sure that's fine once in a while.

I'm sure you will make up for it the rest of the week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.