Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 09-28-2011, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

We have been promised some good weather for this weekend, hallelujah. I am going to England tomorrow evening as my BF is getting his award for work done during the recent riots where he works. Tried on a snug fitting little black dress from my old wardrobe and it seems to be hanging better, not so tight nor clingy, so that will work. Had my hair cut today, bit unsure of the way he styled it, a bit fluffy for me but then someone said it looked like Keira Knightley 's in a recent ad so that pleased me, of course it's only the hair, not the body or face but one out of three ain't bad.
If the weather is good we will be able to walk along the canal paths and have lunch at a little pub, this could be a good weekend I think.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

Okay it's all pretty good. Had a wonderful weekend and the weather was fabulous. We went to the award ceremony on the Friday evening and it was good to see so many people being recognised for the great work that they do. Saturday we shopped and then spent the afternoon at a little pub by the canal, sitting in the sun. Later we went to a beautiful old world inn where we ate a stunning dinner and sipped champagne. I know that's not on my plan for getting healthy but hey, it's not every day I get engaged!!!
Did lose 1.5lbs as well.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations, Lizzie! I'm so happy for you. Sounds like you had an incredible time! Diets are meant to be broken on such happy occasions!
Old 10-06-2011, 06:16 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you Quinn. Afraid this week has been a non starter where being careful is concerned, too many people to visit who all wanted to celebrate with food and drink. Monday is big re-start day and that includes the big E word - that's right - exercise! Time to face up and get serious, my son and daughter in law are coming for Xmas and I won't have seen them since Jan. They know I have lost some weight but I want to surprise them by how much. I also want to initiate a regime that I can keep up for life so I'm going to work it out over weekend. Saw Rosemary Conley on TV yesterday, she is a health and fitness guru here and at 65 she looks fabulous. Main thing is her system is all healthy eating and fairly gentle exercise so I may purchase her latest book. Of course I'd have to actually read and then practise what she says.......
Old 10-09-2011, 06:24 PM
FitDay Member

Only thing I'm going to say today is....re-start. Bad bad few weeks, chocolate, wine, pate, crusty bread and all in abundance, I've got to get my head back to a good place. Exercise will HAVE to figure in my plans too. I can do this, I've come this far so just need to focus and push through this period of lack of control.
Did weigh myself this morning and I'm ashamed to say that I am back to 151. Won't change signature unless I'm still up next Monday, but I'm determined to shift it in the coming week. Have a good start to your week everyone
Old 10-11-2011, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Wow- you have managed to put all of my favorite foods perfectly in one single sentence; chocolate, wine, pate a fine bread... you're my hero! I think if you and I were ever to get together for a night out, our calorie count would be through the roof. lol Add a fine block of cheese to go with that wine and bread and I would be one happy girl!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

Oh Quinn, how could I have left out the cheese..... Isn't it a sin that those fabulous foods cause so much havoc with our weight loss plans but I will never be able to give them up for ever, just moderate my portions and how often I give in to them.
One thing I don't understand about myself is my laziness. In the summer when I go away on hols I will wander around for hours, go biking and swimming and enjoy it. I love dance classes and will put my all into them. However, I can't seem to make myself get up and exercise when I get home from work, and all I do is sit at a desk all day, it's pathetic.
When the weather turns cold and wet I rarely get fresh air, it's up in the dark, into the car, into work and then car and home, at least in the summer I get out into the garden after work. I like the idea of wrapping up warmly and going for a walk in the woods but then I look outside and think brrr I hate the cold and I've no one to walk with, always reasons not to do things. I am going to set myself a challenge that this autumn/winter I will get out and get some fresh air at least twice per week.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

I have been having a clear out of my summer clothes today. Most of them don't fit properly anymore and I finally decided to give them to the charity shop. There are still some that I can't bear to give away yet but I will revisit the storage box in a couple of weeks and give more away. Last year I bought a new beautiful pink coat but now it's just too big and I feel awful about wasting the money but I should be happy that I need a smaller size. Losing weight should be all about progress but sometimes you are loath to let go of what has been comfortable and shapes that hid your body. I succumbed to a couple of glasses of wine this evening but otherwise I had a good day.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

My new Ipod is here. loaded up and ready to go. No more excuses on the treadmill front. Today was bright and dry and I got out into the garden to weed and plant a few winter flowers in my tubs. My sister is on her way home from Padua in Italy where she and her DH spent her birthday. I am very lucky to have a sister like mine, we are very close and I know that she would be there for me no matter what as she has been in the past. We had another sister who sadly died when she was only 34. Her daughter now has two beautiful little girls and she is a wonderful mum to them.
The weekend has not been bad but it hasn't been too good either. I have gone over my allowance on Fri, Sat and Sun, not by much but enough to keep me from losing.
My Halloween goal will not be met... I have sort of ground to a halt for weeks now but I am determined to be able to report a loss next Monday.
Friday evening I am attending a Charity dinner with my best friend ( the very skinny one) but for once I feel like I will look ok beside her, not as slim and fabulous as she will but not the dowdy fat friend either.
I'm off to bed now and when I get up tomorow I will go on the attack.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

I did it.... My first 30mins exercise in ages. I know it's not a lot but for someone who sits all day at work and then comes home to sit around before going to bed it's a start.
My partner had applied for a new job which he really thought he had a good chance of getting but he wasn't asked back for a second interview. It's always hard to know what to say at times like this especially when it has to be done over the phone, I know he is not happy in his present job and it is also very stressful but at least he has work which so many people don't at present. I just hate to see people I care about disappointed.
The weather has been dreadful today, torrential rain and cold, the sort of weather that makes you want to curl up at home with hot comforting food and drink, which I managed without going over my cals for today. The casserole I made yesterday with some lovely lean lamb and loads of vegetables gave me another portion tonight and one in the fridge for my son when he calls in tomorrow.
The wind is howling outside and I'm off to bed with a good book.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.