Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 07-28-2011, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Just posted elsewhere about a survey on which holiday destinations cause the most weight gain over your two weeks vacation. United States came 1ST with an average gain of 8lbs, then an all inclusive Caribbean holiday followed by France and Italy. They say it's because of portion size and all u can eat buffets. As you know I'm off to the US at the end of August so now I'm worried, I can't afford to put that much weight back on. Buffets are ok, I don't tend to eat there as the sight of so much food actually puts me off. Portion control is more of a problem and having alcohol with meals every evening, hope they do good salad bars. Of course I should also be getting plenty of walking done as well so that might help to balance things out. As it's mainly California I'm hoping that there will be lots of healthy choices on menus, of course I still need to have a few treats, it is my holidays after all lol
Old 07-28-2011, 08:38 PM
FitDay Member

Day off work and lots to do. Housework, gardening, shopping, book my Vegas hotel, sort out some phographs for my Facebook page, and get on that treadmill for 30 mins.
So I'd better crack on with it, catch up later
Old 07-30-2011, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

Did 30 mins on treadmill yesterday and ate fairly well, same today. Chilling this evening with a glass of wine, my treat for today. Enjoyed my evening with my son last night, I have two wonderful boys (men now), but one lives a flight away so I only get to see him a few times per year, although when he calls, which he did today, he was on the phone for an hour. He and his wife both lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago and are doing well keeping it off so he was delighted when I told him I had lost 24lbs.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Can't believe I managed to get on the treadmill again today, 3 times in a week, I'm almost an athlete lol. Quiet day at home working on computer, dull and windy outside, summer seems to have fled again. Think I will have a long soak in a bubbly bath tonight and an early night
I found some old photos today, mostly I was pudgy but there is one taken when I was around 14 and I actually look slim and pretty, I barely remember that short period of time when I was the right weight. The majority of my life I have yo yo'ed between overweight and obese, now I want to to be healthy. Sometimes I get sad at how much I've missed out on by not committing to this long ago.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

My wonderful daughter in law started her beauty therapy business today. The only downside is that she does not live in the same country as me so I can't take advantage of it but I wish her every success. I took a photo of her a few years ago at Xmas and she was appalled at the weight she had put on so she started a healthy eating plan and now she looks fabulous. I'm so glad she got a grip of things whilst she is young.
Back to porridge as my gran would say, 4 weeks and counting to my hols and I've got to store up a good few lbs lost so that I can relax and enjoy it.
I also need to try on my swimwear as I think I may need to go out and buy something new. It's not a beachy sort of holiday so one costume should do.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Put in my 30 mins on the treadmill, I really hope I can keep this up. It's not a lot and I only walk fast not run but it's better than sitting on my behind for 30 mins. Threw together a strange salad of leftover bits and pieces which tasted surprisingly good. Tomorrow I have a 14 hr day at work and I always feel hungry when I get home late, so I'm leaving a little tub of fruits that I can lift as soon as I get in, avoiding the usual rummage around the fridge.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

No time to post yesterday and I am running in and out this evening again. Good food day yesterday, lots of chicken, pulses and fruits. Have not had much so far today as going out for meal tonight, wont get chance to go for walk but will definitely make up for it over next few days. Tomorrow evening i'm visiting the girl I found who does great deep tissue massage, it has worked wonders on my neck and upper back problem.
Enjoy whatever you are up to at the moment.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Another frantic day, work, a funeral, work, just home for a short time before I have to go out again. Am trying to work that 30 mins in, so have to get going. Hope to really catch up later or tomorrow. My partner is home for the weekend and I hope he notices a difference from when he last saw me.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Well just starting to slow down now. Did fit in 30 mins walk yesterday and have walked my feet off on a shopping trip today. It was weird trying on clothes, looking in the mirror and actually thinking that I looked fairly ok. Yesterday at the funeral lots of people commented on how well I looked and a few said they could see how much weight I'd lost, all of which is good to hear as sometimes Im not sure that I look much different even though the scales and my clothes tell me I am. 2lbs to go until my mini goal and that would make 2 stone lost and a weight that I haven't been in many many years, just need to keep focused
Old 08-08-2011, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Good evening everyone. Sorry I dropped out at the weekend but life became really hectic and as my partner was over for the weekend and I don't get to see him often I felt that I had to focus on giving him my attention. Not sure if I had a very good food weekend, but it wasn't very bad, I've had much worse believe me. Problem is that when BF comes home, I eat and drink more because I'm cooking more and I tend to buy things that I don't normally have in the house, tempting things. I really admire those of you who have to do this whilst cooking for a family as well. Then there is the drink, we open some wine and glug, glug, down it goes. This time I managed to limit the wine, and the treats, as BF is also trying to lose weight. He's needs to look at his portions though, if I serve him what I think is appropriate, he is off afterwards raiding the fridge or the bread bin.
Anyway here's to another week, I've made a good start today and got my 30 mins of walking in, now I'm off to bed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.