Community
Notices

Motivational starting 1/10

Old 01-13-2011, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

1) eat not more than 1900 kcal 1980 it's ok
2) burn at least 2500kcal 2577 wow
3) stick to F/C/P ratio of 50g/230g/130g no
4) spend at least 1 hour a day teaching my older son Czech (my mother's lang.) yes
5) continue with alternating bike/dvd at least 30 min a day for cardio yes, both

I'm back from Indulgland. Today morning I did 30min dvd and i plan a bike ride later on. Had to take LO for immunisation today, and even though i felt like eating at mcd i didn't give in and ate egg n' cress sandwich an apple and a diet coke
oh and i lost 1.5lb don't ask me how coz i don't know, but i did
Old 01-13-2011, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

Ah... raising daughters...

Well, I'm pretty fortunate. Two children, 27 and 17 which means when my youngest leaves home, I will have had a child at home, continually, for 30 years. (No empty nest syndrome for this girl... believe me.) Cassie, she's doing great. Thanks for asking. Going to Disney to march in April, like your son, only a much longer trip from our area! I hate to tell you this, but when my son started driving, it was a thousand times worse than my daughter. Is he starting Drivers Ed yet? All I can advise is wine...LOTS AND LOTS of wine!

Almeeker! God bless you, girl! 5 kids at home. Wow... it took me 10 years to get up the nerve to have a second! lol My husband came from a family of 5, each one year apart. (Some born in the same year.) Now that they are all adults, they are all extremely close. All of the hard work now is worth it. I envy their close relationship. They do everything as a unit of 5 to this day.

quinn
Old 01-13-2011, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday results:

1. 1500 cal per dayyes!NoNoclose - 1545
2. Exercise 45 minutes minimum for at least 4 daysNoYes no. yes!
3. 72 ounces of water each dayYes!yesyesYes!
4. 5 servings of frts/veg's per dayYes!NoyesYes!
5. Multivitamin dailyNoyesyesYes!
6. Get the holiday things put away!Nope.no.Not yet.Done!
7. Balance the checkbook!Nope.no.Not yet.maybe tonight...

Massage.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, wine; I can do that. I get to wait a little bit, though; he's only 14. However, there have been a ton of questions about driving lately, and they can do a learner's here the day they turn 15

Your husband's family sounds cool. My niece has awesome, close friends who are quintuplets. I imagine that's a whole different feel...my nearest sib is 7 years older!

~~~Checkbook vibes at you, nottango! Get it over with! Great day for you!~~~
Old 01-13-2011, 02:57 PM
FitDay Member

This week I will

1) eat 1500 calories per day
2) work out 5 days
3) get back to the pool
4) plan healthy snacks for football games
5) try one new recipe

Gittin' er done
Old 01-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

1. Stick to my calorie limit (still in damage control mode from holidays and The Sunday Evening of Snow and No Willpower). Yes Yes Yes (but hanging on by my fingernails!) Yes
2. Drink 2-3 big blue bottles of water daily. Yes Yes Yes Yes
3. Exercise daily. No Yes-doubled up and shoveled driveway Yes Yes
4. Balance the pie chart. Yes Yes Yes, pretty much Yes
5. One organizational task in home office daily. Yes No No Yeah, baby!
6. Get trim painted in at least one room. No No No No
7. Sleep in my wrist brace. Yes Yes Yes Yes
Old 01-14-2011, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

1) eat 1500 cal or less:1510,1525, 1498, 1698
2) get back to writing: tried, can you say child home sick? YES, Yes, Yes (not enough)
3) exercise 3x at least: home: abs, back, legs, NO it was gym or sandwich, sandwich won, exercised at home, despite fibro flare, gym
4) meditate: Yes, Yes, Yes, yes
5) drink more H2O: eh 50 oz. NO, trying, yes

I was doing fine calorie wise until I was undone by Chinese food. Bad dinner choice.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Goals For The Week-

1. Eat at least 3 fruit and two vegetable servings a day. No NO! UGH! YES! Close
2. Re-eliminate bread! Yes Yes Yes Yes
3. Carry a water bottle with me at all times. Yes Yes Yes Yes
4. Purge the house of the rest of holiday treats... chocolate, nuts, etc. Tossed chocolates, froze nuts for granola bars.
5. Take multi-vitamin daily. Yes Yes Yes Yes

Non-Food Related Goals-

1. Take down outdoor holiday wreaths! Yes!
2. Get oil changed. YES!

Date night tonight... have to remember to be good and keep my menu choices clean!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Oooohh heated pad...I'm there. I will actually get on a plane for that. I wish I could afford the massage more often too. We found a lovely massage therapist right in our town but it is a rare luxury.
I live in NY. And I have one kid (but she's 16 and the equivalent of 3 kids, trust me on this.) We have another day off (MLK) on Monday. Please restrain me; my joy may overcome me. Almeeker, 5 kids home, how do you do it? You'd have to sedate me. Seriously. And I love your goal of making your kids laugh and how you call that awful exercise machine the "dreadmill." You make me laugh (and that was also one of your goals, yes?)

I woke up this morning and said hmmm looks like I will need a day in bed due to fibro but had to drive miserable kid to school and so went to the gym. While my daughter does turn me on to music from this century, I am also an old school classic rock dinosaur. There is nothing like working out to Led Zeppelin, my friends. If "Communication Breakdown" doesn't get you going on that elliptical, nothing will! I will, of course, pay for this workout in fibro's harsh terms but what the hell, it was worth it (I hope!)
Good job getting to the gym, especially since you didn't want to and had a good excuse. My mom has fibro, so I know what you're up against.

Not all 5 kids are mine, DH and I have 3 and I watch 3 more. One of my daycare kiddos has been sick all week with the flu. Thankfully her mother doesn't bring her here when she's sick, grandma gets that joy.

It is a dreadmill, and that's exactly how I feel about it, I dread it, so boring that thing, even good music only goes so far making it tolerable. I think it would be better if I had my own and could park a TV right in front of it, but alas we don't have one. And I don't think DH will spring for one anytime soon, he has very expensive tastes in that department.

I am totally cracking up over "old school classic rock dinosaur", that is me to a T. DH loves music and keeps up with all the latest stuff and drags me along for the ride. That junk the kids listen to though, is completely out of the question, I don't care to ever hear "Whip my hair back" ever ever again.

Originally Posted by sandi olson
Perseverance finally paid off. After two weeks of eating fairly well and exercising faithfully, I had gained weight--pretty discouraging. Today I dropped one pound.

Beginning weight Jan. 2: 134.5
Current weight 1/13: 133.5
Lost: 1 lb.
Goal Aprl 1: 122

Today I'm coming down with a cold and hope to continue exercising within reason. I just read that if it's above the neck, keep on exercising (maybe not so hard?); if it's below the neck, lay off til you get better. Not only the cold, but in a week I'm heading out of town for 10 days. Not a joy vacation, but a family obligation, so there won't be a lot of opportunity for activity.

My plan is to knit, knit, knit. That way I'll at least keep my hands out of the food!
Knitting works well for me too, as does sewing, but reading, TV and crossword puzzles drive me straight to the snack cupboard. On working out when you don't feel well, I'm sort of wishy washy. I don't use it as an excuse really, but sometimes your health is better served by a nap than a workout. I have worked out when I had a chest cold, but not heavy breathing cardio, more like weight lifting, toning and yoga.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Ah... raising daughters...

Almeeker! God bless you, girl! 5 kids at home. Wow... it took me 10 years to get up the nerve to have a second! lol My husband came from a family of 5, each one year apart. (Some born in the same year.) Now that they are all adults, they are all extremely close. All of the hard work now is worth it. I envy their close relationship. They do everything as a unit of 5 to this day.

quinn
I have 2 brothers, DH has 2 sisters. The funny part is that I really enjoy getting together with my brothers, we laugh, we tell funny stories, we stay up late and drink too much. Getting together with DH's sisters is pretty much the opposite of that.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday report card:

1. Exercise M-Sat, 1 hour minimum - NO EXCUSES. YES, YES, YES, YES normally I take Friday off, but not this week!
2. 96 oz of water. YES, YES, YES, YES
3. Limit calories, zig-zag maybe with an absolute cap at 1,500!!! YES 1,426, no 1,673, NO 1,782, NO 2,196 having much trouble resisting peanut butter, Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies and chocolate, AF is coming.
4. Average 6 things/day from the list of things that must be done. NO, NO, NO, YES
5. Get my kids laughing at least 3 times/day. YES, YES, YES, YES
6. Take stuff to Goodwill. YES, did that, NO, Making a new pile
7. Get info on elliptical parts and get that mother (me) up and running again. NO, NO, NO, NO
8. Sign up for 10K in May. NO, NO, NO, NO

I'm having trouble keeping calories in check this week, AF will be here any second. Yesterday I was doing well enough until I started cleaning out the refrigerator, I opened up a can of frosting and that was the start of something ugly. I didn't actually eat the frosting, but the smell of it fired up the munchies and then I got into the peanut butter. I would have been better off with the frosting, I can only eat so much of that, but peanut butter I can eat till the cows come home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.