Community
Notices

Motivational starting 1/10

Old 01-12-2011, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

This week I am going to:

1) eat 1500 cal or less:1510,1525, 1498 (booyah
2) get back to writing: tried, can you say child home sick? YES [Yes and things seem to be going well: I was just accepted into an advanced writing class with a guy who is a pretty big deal and he seems interested in helping me with my work3) exercise 3x at least: home: abs, back, legs, NO it was gym or sandwich, sandwich won, exercised at home, despite fibro flare4) meditate: Yes, Yes, [Yes (up to 20 minutes
5) drink more H2O: eh 50 oz. NO, trying

OK so my 2 cents: massage for me vs. tanning. I have never been of the tanning persuasion, pretty as it looks on others. Actually I have to get an acupuncture/healing treatment. The meds aren't working for the fibro these past couple of days. Sleep has not been good and I feel like jumping out of my skin with discomfort and pain. But other than that, things have been pretty good (other than the weather.)

Gentle hugs to all,

Last edited by canary52; 01-14-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Hi ladies!

For the record, put me in the massage camp. I started going to avoid surgery on my wrist and found that between it and chiropractic, it helped a lot of twinges in my body. I can't regularly spring for a full massage, but have treated myself on occasion and my massage therapist has a heated table pad that is absolutely heavenly

Feel better soon, Hope; are your kids back in school yet? We have another day off tomorrow due to snow. Where do you live?

Well, today's report...

1. Stick to my calorie limit (still in damage control mode from holidays and The Sunday Evening of Snow and No Willpower). Yes Yes Yes (but hanging on by my fingernails!)
2. Drink 2-3 big blue bottles of water daily. Yes Yes Yes
3. Exercise daily. No Yes-doubled up and shoveled driveway Yes
4. Balance the pie chart. Yes Yes Yes, pretty much
5. One organizational task in home office daily. Yes No No
6. Get trim painted in at least one room. No No No
7. Sleep in my wrist brace. Yes Yes Yes

My work-work is caught up, so tomorrow is All Organizing, All the Time in my office. Hope to make some good headway! You know the stage where you have the time to pull everything out and start to rearrange and organize, but not enough time to put it back? Well, that's where I've been for two days...picking my way across the floor!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:31 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone you are all very kind. I weighted myself this morning and,surprisingly, I am at my pre-xmas weight that made my day really. One or even two days can't derail us, right
Old 01-12-2011, 09:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
Thanks everyone you are all very kind. I weighted myself this morning and,surprisingly, I am at my pre-xmas weight that made my day really. One or even two days can't derail us, right
Honey 1-2 days isn't a derailment, it's life. Last summer we went to Florida for 2 weeks, and I ate non-stop. When we got home I was 8 pounds heavier, but was I derailed? Nope, got slowly back on the horse, and lost those 8 pounds. It took a month to get back to pre-vacation weight, but I did it all same. I think now we're all struggling to do the same thing with the holiday feasting.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:39 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday report card:

1. Exercise M-Sat, 1 hour minimum - NO EXCUSES. YES, YES, YES I even ran on the dreadmill for 35 min
2. 96 oz of water. YES, YES, YES
3. Limit calories, zig-zag maybe with an absolute cap at 1,500!!! YES 1,426, no 1,673, NO 1,782 I worked out twice on Wed and I just needed more calories, having much trouble resisting peanut butter, AF is coming.
4. Average 6 things/day from the list of things that must be done. NO, NO, NO, maybe catch up with this on Thursday
5. Get my kids laughing at least 3 times/day. YES, YES, YES, even got Gram to chuckling and he was in a moody mood for certain
6. Take stuff to Goodwill. YES, did that, NO
7. Get info on elliptical parts and get that mother (me) up and running again. NO, NO, NO
8. Sign up for 10K in May. NO, NO, NO

Hoping to do some catch up for the week, down to 1 kiddo today. Unfortunately I will have 5 kids tomorrow all afternoon, since they have a 1/2 day of school.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

My Goals For The Week-

1. Eat at least 3 fruit and two vegetable servings a day. No NO! UGH! YES!
2. Re-eliminate bread! Yes Yes Yes
3. Carry a water bottle with me at all times. Yes Yes Yes
4. Purge the house of the rest of holiday treats... chocolate, nuts, etc. Tossed chocolates, froze nuts for granola bars.
5. Take multi-vitamin daily. Yes Yes Yes

Non-Food Related Goals-

1. Take down outdoor holiday wreaths! Yes!
2. Get oil changed. YES!

All in all, having a very successful week getting back on track. I'm surprised at how hard it is to get all of my fruit and veggie servings in when on the run.

As far as vacation weight, I once gained 8 lbs. in 7 days in Mexico!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hi ladies!

For the record, put me in the massage camp. I started going to avoid surgery on my wrist and found that between it and chiropractic, it helped a lot of twinges in my body. I can't regularly spring for a full massage, but have treated myself on occasion and my massage therapist has a heated table pad that is absolutely heavenly

Feel better soon, Hope; are your kids back in school yet? We have another day off tomorrow due to snow. Where do you live?
Oooohh heated pad...I'm there. I will actually get on a plane for that. I wish I could afford the massage more often too. We found a lovely massage therapist right in our town but it is a rare luxury.
I live in NY. And I have one kid (but she's 16 and the equivalent of 3 kids, trust me on this.) We have another day off (MLK) on Monday. Please restrain me; my joy may overcome me. Almeeker, 5 kids home, how do you do it? You'd have to sedate me. Seriously. And I love your goal of making your kids laugh and how you call that awful exercise machine the "dreadmill." You make me laugh (and that was also one of your goals, yes?)

I woke up this morning and said hmmm looks like I will need a day in bed due to fibro but had to drive miserable kid to school and so went to the gym. While my daughter does turn me on to music from this century, I am also an old school classic rock dinosaur. There is nothing like working out to Led Zeppelin, my friends. If "Communication Breakdown" doesn't get you going on that elliptical, nothing will! I will, of course, pay for this workout in fibro's harsh terms but what the hell, it was worth it (I hope!)

MunaAmin, Almeeker is right, this up and down and eating and not is all part of life. You go, girl. And you are fabulous wherever you are, whether you are one pound down or ten pounds up. We all are. Let's remember that, girls!!! Tho believe me, I know, it aint easy....

Last edited by canary52; 01-13-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Perseverance finally paid off. After two weeks of eating fairly well and exercising faithfully, I had gained weight--pretty discouraging. Today I dropped one pound.

Beginning weight Jan. 2: 134.5
Current weight 1/13: 133.5
Lost: 1 lb.
Goal Aprl 1: 122

Today I'm coming down with a cold and hope to continue exercising within reason. I just read that if it's above the neck, keep on exercising (maybe not so hard?); if it's below the neck, lay off til you get better. Not only the cold, but in a week I'm heading out of town for 10 days. Not a joy vacation, but a family obligation, so there won't be a lot of opportunity for activity.

My plan is to knit, knit, knit. That way I'll at least keep my hands out of the food!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, since you're done and on track, could you come over here and whip me and my house into shape ? How's your daughter doing these days? Hope's post made me think of her. Y'all have my utmost admiration for raising teenage girls!

Way to get going, Hope! I am proud of you! I agree...good music goes a loooong way in a workout. I use a lot of different kinds, picking the songs for the tempo, the beat, motivating lyrics, and/or reminders of certain times in my life when I felt really good and strong. I also have a collection of "angry" songs for when I'm using exercise to decrease some stress or frustration.

Sandi, congrats on dropping that pound! Take care of that cold, and great idea on the knitting.

Great job to all of us so far this week! Look at all our successes!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 01-13-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

We had a 2 hr school delay this morning after a day off yesterday, and the roads are worse today! Go figure. It takes away my set aside time to be able to get a workout in. I CAN'T motivate myself to workout if it isn't first thing in the morning. Doesn't help being snowed in with my five kids either because everyone is snacking non stop.......oh well, no one is putting food in my mouth except me. For the record, I love massage too! I just don't get to get them often.

almeeker, I am very pale skinned, and I got an airbrush spray tan this past summer and loved it! Besides the fact of having to be in my underwear in front of a young, thin, naturally tan and beautiful woman who was the spray technician..... It did put some sexy in my step.

Wed. check in

1.64 oz of waterYES,YES,NO
2.No processed foodsYESYEs,NO
3.Make each workout count!YESYES,No workout at all
4.In bed by 10 p.m.this is the hard one in my house! Yes,NO,YES
5.No eating before bed.YES,YES,YES
6.Sort through the clothes my dd has outgrown and pack them up and drop off at Goodwill.NO,NO,NO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.