Community
Notices

NO STOPPING US! in NOVEMBER 100+

Old 11-21-2010, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

Glad you found us Lori! Think of it this way ( in re: chicago winter), but the time you are ready to get up and down both staircases and go out in the beautiful weather.. it may be spring! So you have the entire winter to work on getting there! God IS good!

Brandismom~ good to see you back! You have been missed!

Keep up the great work ChangeIs..!

Hope all had a great weekend!

PS. If anyone is in touch with smooshmc... let her know she is missed and hope she comes back!
Old 11-21-2010, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hi CD. I'm new here, and I just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad to hear that you are back on track, and I wish you the best of luck. The fact that you have been through so much and refused to give up is an inspiration!!
Old 11-21-2010, 11:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carrietc89
I'd love to be under 200 for the new year. Even if it's 199.9... ha
Same here. I dont remember the last time I was under 200. I think it has been like 11-14 years!
Old 11-22-2010, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss
Old 11-22-2010, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Ladies!

Im trying to kick start myself to losing weight again. Its been over 4 yrs since I last really tried. I havent had much time to focus on me in the past 4 years. I unexpectedly had twin boys then my daughter had a set of girls. For the past 4 yrs Ive been juggling both sets, my two daughters, husband and household along with having Fibromyalgia. I am now less a set of twins and 20yr old daughter so time is opening up.

I have limitations and it gets so frustrating but my heart is wanting. Im looking for support and accountability. Im bouncing around 290/295 and have a long way to go. First goal is 230.

Thanks =)

Last edited by BreezyDays; 11-22-2010 at 04:58 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

It's been a while since I've posted, but I'm still here. Welcome to the new folks: Loriparker, Spongebob1971 & BreezyDays (and anyone I missed)! You have my utmost respect for your desire to start in on your weight loss journey at this time of year. I know around this time of year I used to rationalize that it's the holidays and it would be too hard to lose weight, and I would wait until the new year (and put on yet another 5-10 pounds in the meantime). Good for you for starting in RIGHT NOW and avoiding the excuses. I hope you find support and advice here to help you out along the way.

I bet there are others like me who are still following along with the thread, but just not posting or afraid to post as they are having a hard time. I applaud those of you who are posting your difficulties. I know they help all of us in our journeys, and hopefully it helps you to get back on track. I think this is going to be a hard time of year for all of us, but the most important thing is to get back to it as soon as possible if we find ourselves getting off track.

So, with that in mind, I will admit that I gained 6 pounds on my week long cruise in the Caribbean a week ago! I really put the HURT on that buffet! I have to say that I'm not sorry because I had a great time, and I enjoyed trying lots of different kinds of foods. But boy was I ready to get back to my 'usual' food the minute I got back. I went right back to my plan, and as of this morning, one week later, I have lost all 6 of those pounds, yay! Though I enjoyed all of that food, I actually pushed my dish away half finished several times because it was soooooo salty! I think that's where most of those 6 pounds came from and why I was able to drop them so quickly.

I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner, and we are having Indian food, so I know it will all be healthy, delicious stuff. I think I will be able to make it through without any more gain and hopefully make my goal of maintaining this month. Now, I just need to get my butt back in the pool and get more physical activity in. That is where I always come up short.

Keep up the good work, everyone. Tomorrow is always a new chance to be healthier!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

Zoot! Welcome back from your vacation - happy to hear that you had a great time and that the poundage came off quickly.
Welcome to all the new folks from me, as well. This is really a great group and it's great to have you all here.
I'm really going to have to push myself to work out tonight; Aunt Flo is here and is kicking my a$$, rawr. With any luck, I'll show her who's tougher. I swear, I really try and obtain a body/mind balance, but without fail, I always feel like my mind fights my body around this time of the month. Le sigh. Oh well, I'll try my best to get off my hiney tonight.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Zoot it can be difficult starting this time of year but I seem to always be restarting. With the holiday goodies I just have to keep in mind portion control and if I go over I keep thinking tomorrow is another day as frustrating as it can be. I do baking for gifts and stuff, I can balance that because the sugars cause me pain so I control the consumption of MOST things. My weakness is choc chip cookies.

Changeisgood, I have the same issues that time of the month as well. It just passed for me and I did nothing!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:59 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I really like this thread.

Zootnarf - good for you! Yep, I know what you mean with all the salt. I've taken to requesting the chef to leave out the salt when preparing our main course. Can't do anything about the side dishes - they're premade. Of course, in many restaurants the entrees are premade too but . . . it never hurts to ask. Anyway, I'm delighted to hear you dropped the pounds so fast.

Breezydayz - Welcome, welcome! You and I weigh almost exactly the same so I look forward to taking this journey with you. I believe we're both in the right place here. Everyone seems very supportive and friendly and I love being able to keep track of myself so easily.

Changeisgood - Just about the best thing about getting older is saying goodbye to Aunt Flo! I still have my "PMS moments" but they only arrive about once a quarter instead of once a month and they aren't anything like what they were back in the day. It's all for the best too, since I'm living on Social Security now. Who the heck can afford tampons nowadays? The prices have gone through the roof! Anyway, drink lots of water and opt for a bath tonight instead of a shower. I think it may relax and refresh you. I'm sending happy, calming thoughts your way.

I reached a short, short term goal today! I got myself out of the house and over to the grocery store! All told I actually walked approximately 1.25 miles today (given that one city block is approximately 1/8th of a mile) and I carried my bounty with me back up the two flights of stairs to the apartment. I'm sore and exhausted and a little worried about the effect this is going to have on me tomorrow but I'm also eating fresh grapes (they were on sale) and drinking lemon/lime seltzer water as I write this. Yippee!

O.K., I'm off to run a nice hot bath. Recommending one to Changeisgood made me want one for myself. Peace to all and to all a good night.

- PEACE -
Old 11-22-2010, 04:04 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the empathy, gals, I'm feeling a bit better now and I did indeed show that old hag who's boss by getting off my duff. Thanks for the happy thoughts, Lori - I should've drank more water today, but hopefully the stupid bloating will go down some tomorrow. :P
Awesome job moving out and about today, Lori - I bet you'll start to feel all the good things that exercise does super soon. Just be kind to your body tomorrow and move a little bit every day - you won't regret it!
I am beat - just wanted to say thanks for the kind words, and to send you all good thoughts as well. Until next time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.