Community
Notices

NO STOPPING US! in NOVEMBER 100+

Old 11-18-2010, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

I finally went and bought a smaller size dress pant for work! I am wearing them today and feel great!

Down another pound
Old 11-18-2010, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gmantych
Good morning ladies. I hope everyone is having a good week so far!

On Sunday I was down another 2.4 lbs. I am very excited about this but since I started a little over 7 weeks ago, I haven't had any big weight loss weeks. It has been consistently 1.5-2lbs per week. (I know this is the average) But alot of people loose several pounds their first few weeks. Because of this I am wondering if maybe I should cut out most of my carbs. I also have a lot of belly fat. My waist is around 42" right now. If I do cut out more carbs what would be a healthy breakfast. Because now I am accustomed to eating thin bagels or english muffins.

Any advice is much appreciated!
I wouldn't cut out carbs completely unless you're well read on Atkins or a similar approach. I need a few carbs at breakfast or I'm not quite nice enough to spend the rest of my day with humans. I do limit my "grain based" carbs to whole grain, low fat, low cal, and not more than 2 servings/day. Belly fat is one of those things people try and target, but losing fat is sort of like draining water from a bathtub. If you don't work your abs already you might try a daily crunch routine, and some twists. I like to get a song with a good beat and twist side to side for the whole of it. You'd be surprised at how much that can hurt the following day.

There is a thread called "low carb breakfasts", give it a search, there were some great ideas for breakfast on that one.

If it helps to know this I started with a waist that measured 46" (with it sucked in and the measuring tape as snug as possible) and now it's hovering right around 30". It takes time and it didn't come off as quickly as the hips, but it's definitely possible.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
I finally went and bought a smaller size dress pant for work! I am wearing them today and feel great!

Down another pound
Whoo hoo, whoo hooo, whoo hoo. Doing the happy dance for you.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:38 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I wouldn't cut out carbs completely unless you're well read on Atkins or a similar approach. I need a few carbs at breakfast or I'm not quite nice enough to spend the rest of my day with humans. I do limit my "grain based" carbs to whole grain, low fat, low cal, and not more than 2 servings/day. Belly fat is one of those things people try and target, but losing fat is sort of like draining water from a bathtub. If you don't work your abs already you might try a daily crunch routine, and some twists. I like to get a song with a good beat and twist side to side for the whole of it. You'd be surprised at how much that can hurt the following day.

There is a thread called "low carb breakfasts", give it a search, there were some great ideas for breakfast on that one.

If it helps to know this I started with a waist that measured 46" (with it sucked in and the measuring tape as snug as possible) and now it's hovering right around 30". It takes time and it didn't come off as quickly as the hips, but it's definitely possible.
Ahhhhhh, Your such an inspiration to me.

I am down another 2 pounds this morning lol. I find when I dont eat supper I lose weight. Not that I wanted to skip it but I was so busy and not hungry so I didnt bother when I remembered lol.

I know it will be hard with Christmas and I have my DH christmas party tomorrow. I find not drinking alcohol really helps with weight loss to. I didnt drink all the time but when I did I could drink a bottle of wine on my own lol
Old 11-19-2010, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
Ahhhhhh, Your such an inspiration to me.

I am down another 2 pounds this morning lol. I find when I dont eat supper I lose weight. Not that I wanted to skip it but I was so busy and not hungry so I didnt bother when I remembered lol.

I know it will be hard with Christmas and I have my DH christmas party tomorrow. I find not drinking alcohol really helps with weight loss to. I didnt drink all the time but when I did I could drink a bottle of wine on my own lol
And you sister are pretty darn inspiring yourself. DH accused me of being obsessed with fitday, only because I always log after supper, which he gets to witness every night. I tried to explain to him that I wasn't obsessed with fitday, but I might be a little obsessed with getting my daily dose of inspiration LOL.

I agree the holidays are going to be brutal, but I'm committed to being at a 100 pound loss by Christmas morning, so I'm running strong for the moment.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
And you sister are pretty darn inspiring yourself. DH accused me of being obsessed with fitday, only because I always log after supper, which he gets to witness every night. I tried to explain to him that I wasn't obsessed with fitday, but I might be a little obsessed with getting my daily dose of inspiration LOL.

I agree the holidays are going to be brutal, but I'm committed to being at a 100 pound loss by Christmas morning, so I'm running strong for the moment.
Absolutely you can do it, no question about it. I will think of you on christmas morning and how happy and hot you must look lol
Old 11-19-2010, 11:00 AM
FitDay Member

I'd love to be under 200 for the new year. Even if it's 199.9... ha
Old 11-21-2010, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all! I'm new to this whole forum business but I can tell it's going to be a great source for me. I was directed to this thread from the newcomer forum/thread by AlMeeker and GameGal. Thanks, ladies.

Whew! I read the first five pages of this thread before I jumped to the last page so I could post something - otherwise I'm in danger of losing my day.

A bit about myself: middle aged, prediabetic, arthritic, weigh 294 lbs (as of Nov. 17) on a 5 foot 2 inch medium build frame, and I have a lame left leg as well as severe lower back pain. I'm under a doctor's care but it is, of course, important for me to overcome these issues and work toward reducing my weight before I become fully diabetic. Also, my chances of benefiting from knee replacement surgery will climb exponitially if I can get down to a healthy body weight (125 lbs) and build and tone my muscles. That said, I have a loving husband, I belong to TWO gyms - one with a swimming pool, and now I have you. God is good!

About those gyms . . . for anyone else they would be smashingly easy to get to but for me they might as well be on the moon. I live on the 2nd floor and just getting down the stairs is a challenge and getting back up them can seem insumountable. As a result, I can spend days at a time without even leaving the house - bad for mental as well as physical health, I know.

So, in addition to keeping my food diary, my short term goal is to make it down and back up one flight of stairs every day . . . until it becomes two flights . . . then to the end of the block . . . you see where I'm going here. I live in Chicago so I'm not exactly beginning this journey at the best time, i.e. early spring when I could look forward to longer days, lots of sunshine and happy birds to cheer me on but hey, that's why all of you are here for me. Right?

Anyway, just wanted to greet everyone and tell each of you that what I've read so far is truely inspirational and I look forward to taking my journey with you. May God bless you.

- PEACE -
Old 11-21-2010, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

So I've been gone for three weeks and falling apart. The time change really throws me every time and I KNOW what to do, but I still don't do it.

So --that's my whining and now I'm over it and going to start anew today!

60 Day Challenge for myself:
1400-1600 clean cals
No Alcohol (nope, not even New Year's Eve!)
Exercise Daily -- no matter what, do something
No fast food (how I let myself go back to that, I don't know -- depression is a mean, mean monkey)

Ang

(who is going to go exercise now -- I don't want to because I feel SOOOOO fat, BI-W-DIA (but I WILL do it anyway)

Last edited by brandismom1990; 11-21-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard, Lori! In my experience, there is no "right time" or "wrong time" to start something - there's only "now" and "later" (which is something we tell ourselves because we don't want to do it now :P). So congrats on making the choice to make the change now!
Brandismom - I'm happy to see you're back; I was thinking about you and hoping things were well. I miss your sense of humor. Time to throw that tush back on the wagon - you can do it!
That's it on my end; things are good here and hope they are with every one else as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.