Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010 >

New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010

Community
Notices

New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010

Old 10-18-2010, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, good morning everyone!
The scale is up on me again today. I know its because of salty food. I have been so good in regard to calories and exercise, so I'm not going to be discouraged and just keep the focus!

Darlean - I'm glad you are joining us again. Stretching is something I dont do at all and yesterday I was as stiff as a board from my cold walks outside. So I'm moving my walks indoor, but I'm also adding stretching to my goals. Good idea.

Gmantych - Okay, you're on. It was really iffy that I would get to that closet today, but I'm going to do it. I will do the dishes and then pull everything out and start sorting today... Its a very large closet under the stairs to the second floor.. long and full of boxes and who knows what. But I can do this. Going to be a busy day!

Almeeker - Thank you for finding time to post motivational stuff while you are going through a tough week! Wow on the water. I have about 90 pounds to lose, so thats about (susan gets out her calculator..hehe) 136 ounces! I'll be like a swimming pool inside! I'm laughing but I'm going to do it. I want to lose these 90 lbs and I'm hoping that next year I will be here telling someone else... now what you need to do is drink 64 ounces + 8 ounces for every 10 pounds and they will see I lost 90 lbs too!

Ready, set, GO!
-Susan
Old 10-18-2010, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Ok goals for the week:

- To run outside at least one 6 mile run, the other two 4-5 miles
- Then hit the gym at least two other days during the week, with 20 mins of cardio and then weights/strength training
- No sugar all week!
Old 10-18-2010, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

WOW ! this is so great ! a new thread for each week feels like i m starting over again.

i did not lose or gain a pound last week.... so i m gonna make a better attempt this week... aiming to lose 3 lbs this week

So here is my regime for today...

1. Drink 2 litres of water
2. should not eat after 8 pm
3. do 1 hour of cardio workout
4. Cut down the 3 C's - Chocolate, Chips n Cookies
5. Have my bowl of fruit salad
6. Meditate and Appreciate myself for what i am doing

Starting weight for this week : 137 lbs

@ almeeker i m really inspired by ur dedication to the weight loss regime.... i m proud tat u dint make this stressful week as an excuse to getaway fm the regime..... yes , i agree wid susanbfit..... this s beginning to b a part of ur lifestyle .... which is healthy n gud ! Kudos to u
Old 10-18-2010, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, I am about to leave for work. Not sure if I can make it all the way home without using the bathoom!

But I did it. I have finished the 128 oz of water for today. No soft drinks at all and I am feeling a little bloated. But I am not hungry!!!

Thanks almeeker for the challenge!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Guys

Last week I just sort of monitored this 7 day motivational challenge but I think this week I want to participate. I feel that I will be much more accountable for my actions if I have to meet a certain set of goals in 7 days.

Plus I have had a major hurdle thrown in my exercise routine. My daughter, who is 21 months old, just moved from her crib to a big bed and though this is very exciting while doing this she has also decided to give up her 2 hour afternoon nap which is when I exercised ( her brother is in school) and had time for myself but alas that glorious time is gone.

She also has decided that now that she is in a big bed she no longer wants to ride in her stroller anymore aswell which now eliminates out long walks that we usually take. Thus I need to try and figure out a new exercise routine that works around these scheduling changes.

Goals this week:
Drink 100 oz of water each day
Keep calories under 1500 each day
Try and keep carbs to a minimum
Figure out a recipe to use the shrimp I bought on sale today but have no idea what to do with...lol
Do 45 minutes of cardio at least 4 nights when kids are in bed
Do 45 minutes of weight training for at least 4 nights when kids are in bed

Andrea
Old 10-18-2010, 12:42 PM
FitDay Member

Update, I got all my water in by 2:00pm, and have managed to add an additional 44 oz for the day. Not too shabby. I'm so proud of you guys for taking up the challenge, and for sticking to it through the day, even if you did have to pee all the time.

xarinn, I'm of the "pre-schoolers need naps club", so I personally would keep trying to make that happen, even if I had to wake her up earlier in the morning to tire her out more. However some kids just flat out refuse to do it after they change beds, so you might try a workout she can do with you, believe it or not some of the Wiggles DVD's are really quite good cardio workouts. On the stroller issue, do you have a wagon? My 4 year old won't get in the stroller either, but she would ride in that wagon from here to the Pacific ocean if someone offered to pull her that far. You might also look for a tricycle with a handle on the back that you can push. A couple of my friends have those and they are fantastic. Or how about a jog stroller? Another thing you might look into is one of those "baby packers". We have one and let me tell you, it's a workout. You wouldn't need to go far to feel your muscles burning with a 21 month old child strapped to your back.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

Xarinn, Pottersirus and Hunny24, thanks for joining us. Good wishes for success on your goals this week.

I only need to finish one more 17 ounce bottle of water and I'll have made my 136 ounces. woohoo. That ought to get rid of some sodium if the number of times to the bathroom is any indication.. amazingly I never did feel like I was swimming though and it definitely curb my appetite

I'm going to go ahead and post my progress for yesterday and today, because I probably wont be back on tonight. Have a good night everyone.

My goals for this week:
Eat less than 1400 calories/drink at least 80 ounces of water: 1646/80, Changing my water goal to 136 ounces this week 1363/136
Exercise at least 45 minutes: 60, 30 (not a very big exercise day but I did a ton of housework)
ry to cook two new low calorie meals at least 2 times this week (Learning how to cook low fat/low calorie meals will help me permanently change my fitness lifestyle) Not yet
Clean out the hallway storage closet – ack! (Starting to address small stress factors will help keep me out of the kitchen cabinets!) I did it The hall closet is clean.

Last edited by susanbfit; 10-18-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:17 PM
FitDay Member

Hi guys! Carb cycling is just changing the amount of carbs you eat so you keep your body guessing. Yes, just like zig-zaging. I usually see it reflect on the scale so hopefully it will work for me! My weight is still at 159.8 which makes me a little discouraged because I feel like I've worked really hard...but I just persevere!! It will eventually work! Low carb days are really tough though!!! Luckily that's only twice a week for me. I don't have kids yet but I do teach 2nd grade so it's vital I keep it together emotionally and mentally for them. My patience starts to go out the window when I'm feeling depleted so I need to monitor my energy levels. Carb cycling shouldn't be done long term, but I want to get over this weight loss hump at the moment.

I drank 149 oz today.
1,227 calories total
140 carbs
Weight lifted for about 45 minutes (chest) and sweated my guts out on the step mill for 30 minutes.

Just came home from my masters class tonight and my lunch is made and ready for tomorrow! I find if I plan my food log the night before, it helps me stay on target. And...I resisted all cake and goodies for my hubby's birthday today! "What would Jillian do?" kept me strong!!

Tomorrow is a high carb day as well, so I need to kill it at the gym tomorrow. Hopefully the scale will be nice to me this weeeeeek!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!! Goodnight!
Old 10-18-2010, 05:17 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

1. Drink 2 litres of water . another 20 oz left ..will drink b4 sleeping
2. should not eat after 8 pm done !
3. do 1 hour of cardio workout tried a new CD workout on Samba... was fun !
4. Cut down the 3 C's - Chocolate, Chips n Cookies done ! yeah !
5. Have my bowl of fruit salad had it wid a scoop of fat free whipping cream
6. Meditate and Appreciate myself for what i am doing
missed tat

good night everyone !
Old 10-18-2010, 11:38 PM
FitDay Member

Goals for Monday:

1. Keep calories to 1,500. 1,850 oy!
2. Exercise, 60 min elliptical, 15 stretching, 15 shoulder rehab. yes-yes-yes
3. Drink 96 oz of water. yes + 44
4. Finish up a couple of Halloween costumes for the kids. Still working on them
5. Clean the kitchen Nope
6. Plan and pack some foods to take to the hospital so I don't end up eating junk from the vending machines. Did some, will do more today
7. Plan some crock pot meals and some casseroles to leave for the kids and in-laws to eat. Not yet, still working on it

Today's challenge: Resist a temptation. Could be any sort of temptation, a second cup of coffee, a piece of cake, sitting down when you should be up moving, just practice resisting temptations. That's it. Tomorrow's challenge will be to add an extra 10 minutes to your exercise routine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.