Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010 >

New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010

Community
Notices

New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010

Old 10-17-2010, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010

The first 7 day challenge really helped me kick start a healthy eating program. Thank you all that posted!

Stating my goals at the beginning of each week, and then posting each day whether I made it or not seems to really help me keep the focus. But the greatest part is sharing the journey. When I see you striving to meet your goals, overcoming obstacles, it helps me too! So come join me, focusing on our fitness goals one week at a time.

My goals for the week:
Eat less than 1400 calories/drink at least 80 ounces of water
Exercise at least 45 minutes
Try to cook two new low calorie meals at least 2 times this week (Learning how to cook low fat/low calorie meals will help me permanently change my fitness lifestyle)
Clean out the hallway storage closet – ack! (Starting to addressing small stress factors will help keep me out of the kitchen cabinets!
Old 10-17-2010, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Ahhh Susie, you're just beautiful... Okay I'm in, but I don't know if I can face the hall closet this week, you go first and be my inspiration, okay? I have a very stressful week coming up. DH is having a procedure on Wednesday and if all that is okay he's having heart surgery on Thursday. On top of that his parents are coming to stay for a few days, supposedly to "help" out. And while I get along with my in-laws well enough, it's always stressful to have them visit. Also FIL is having terrible back pain, and has to lay down most of the time, so I don't really know that having him here will "help".

Goals for Monday:

1. Keep calories to 1,500.
2. Exercise, 60 min elliptical, 15 stretching, 15 shoulder rehab.
3. Drink 96 oz of water.
4. Finish up a couple of Halloween costumes for the kids
5. Clean the kitchen
6. Plan and pack some foods to take to the hospital so I don't end up eating junk from the vending machines.
7. Plan some crock pot meals and some casseroles to leave for the kids and in-laws to eat.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-17-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Ahhh Susie, you're just beautiful... Okay I'm in, but I don't know if I can face the hall closet this week, you go first and be my inspiration, okay? I have a very stressful week coming up. DH is having a procedure on Wednesday and if all that is okay he's having heart surgery on Thursday. On top of that his parents are coming to stay for a few days, supposedly to "help" out. And while I get along with my in-laws well enough, it's always stressful to have them visit. Also FIL is having terrible back pain, and has to lay down most of the time, so I don't really know that having him here will "help".

Goals for Monday:

1. Keep calories to 1,500.
2. Exercise, 60 min elliptical, 15 stretching, 15 shoulder rehab.
3. Drink 96 oz of water.
4. Finish up a couple of Halloween costumes for the kids
5. Clean the kitchen
6. Plan and pack some foods to take to the hospital so I don't end up eating junk from the vending machines.
7. Plan some crock pot meals and some casseroles to leave for the kids and in-laws to eat.
Wow, that is a huge amount of life events to handle while trying to keep to a set of goals. It just goes to show that your new fitness focus is/has become a lifestyle choice for you, that you see yourself being healthy no matter what you face. I wish the very best for your DH and that your ILs are helpful. I read one of your posts in another thread about how you had been overweight much of your life and when I see that and see your 90 lb loss and how near your goal you are, I think 'I can do this too'. Thank you.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:40 PM
FitDay Member

Yay! New thread, new goals, new week to conquer!!!!

Today was my rest day, so no exercising for me. I didn't drink all my water. It's hard to get that water down on the weekends, especially when I didn't work out in the morning. I'll do better tomorrow when I have more structure.

My calories are at 1,193 today and I only had 50 carbs. I'm going to start cycling my carbs and my hubby and I are hitting the weights at the gym tomorrow. Hope I can do it!!!

This weeks goals are to exercise daily, drink a gallon of water, be in bed by 9:30 and keep calories at 1200 while cycling my carbs:
Sunday: 50
Monday: 150
Tuesday: 125
Wednesday: 50
Thursday: 100
Friday: 150
Saturday: 100
Old 10-17-2010, 05:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by commit7780
Yay! New thread, new goals, new week to conquer!!!!

Today was my rest day, so no exercising for me. I didn't drink all my water. It's hard to get that water down on the weekends, especially when I didn't work out in the morning. I'll do better tomorrow when I have more structure.

My calories are at 1,193 today and I only had 50 carbs. I'm going to start cycling my carbs and my hubby and I are hitting the weights at the gym tomorrow. Hope I can do it!!!

This weeks goals are to exercise daily, drink a gallon of water, be in bed by 9:30 and keep calories at 1200 while cycling my carbs:
Sunday: 50
Monday: 150
Tuesday: 125
Wednesday: 50
Thursday: 100
Friday: 150
Saturday: 100
Hi Committ,
What does cycling carbs mean. Does 50 mean 50 g of carbs? Does cycling carbs help weight loss?
Looking forward to sharing the week's efforts.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default New Week!

Yeah, here we go again!

Goals for this week:
Calories under 1200 each day
Weights or run each day
96 oz. of water
Stretch for 10 min. while meditating
Deep clean a different room of my house each day
Old 10-18-2010, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default Oops

Sorry....don't know why I stuttered on my last post.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Monday ladies. No not really but I am so trying to be motivational!! I am very tired this morning. I did not want to get up and work out, BIDIA!

Almeeker-My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope the surgery goes well with your DH. Keep us posted if you can. Great idea on taking food with you to the hospital. I love hearing your ideas because I see your weight loss accomplishment and I am pretty close to where you were a year ago. I just keep thinking it can be done!!

Susan-Thank you for the new thread. Yes 1.4lbs is good in a week. I really like this 7 day thread. It keeps us on our toes a little more. If you get your hall closet cleaned out this week, I will do one of mine next week. My DH and I have cleaned out most of our rooms and the two hall closets are left. Ugh, I dread them! Please share with us your two new low cal recipes. I am still struggling with the dinner piece. My DH is such a picky eater and son is following him. DD is willing to try anything and likes most of the healthy stuff I do. So I need some good dinner ideas.

Commit-I am really interested in hearing about the carb cycling also. Is this similar to the calorie zig zagging? I wish I could get my DH up to workout with me!

Here are my goals for this week.

Calories-1600
Water-100 oz
Exercise-45 minutes
Get caught up with laundry-OMG it is so behind!!
Old 10-18-2010, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

I'm going to try and post something to motivate us daily on this thread. Here's is today's effort. Today I challenge all of you to drink your water early, and then try to get in 1-2 extra glasses. Baseline of 64oz, + 8oz for every 10lbs you want to lose. For me that's about 96 oz, I'm at 44oz for the morning and will try and get the remaining 52oz before dinner. Then for dinner I'm going to make myself a big glass of sweet tea and sip on it until bed time. On your mark, get set, GO!!!

I love the "deep clean" idea, although I'm going to have to do most of that tomorrow rather than spread it out over the whole week.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I'm going to try and post something to motivate us daily on this thread. Here's is today's effort. Today I challenge all of you to drink your water early, and then try to get in 1-2 extra glasses. Baseline of 64oz, + 8oz for every 10lbs you want to lose. For me that's about 96 oz, I'm at 44oz for the morning and will try and get the remaining 52oz before dinner. Then for dinner I'm going to make myself a big glass of sweet tea and sip on it until bed time. On your mark, get set, GO!!!

I love the "deep clean" idea, although I'm going to have to do most of that tomorrow rather than spread it out over the whole week.
Wow-Thats 128 oz for me. Good thing I just completed 60. I can do this!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.