Notices

New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010

Old 10-19-2010, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

Default You're awesome.

You are all doing so well. I am so inspired. How can I not join right along and be a success myself? This is so much help. Thank you so much!
susanbfit, work temptations can be so very hard. You should be proud and give yourself a big hug for staying away from the snacks there.
Here's to a super successful tomorrow as well.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:38 PM
FitDay Member

1. Drink 2 litres of water . 2 litres + 0.5 litre
2. should not eat after 8 pm . i had my dinner at 8.15 ... missed it
3. do 1 hour of cardio workout . tried out tahitian dance workout today for 30 mins ....was gr8 fun..... another 20 mins of biking .... the rains r spoiling my gym workout
4. Cut down the 3 C's - Chocolate, Chips n Cookies.... 5 multi grain tortilla chips... felt like ving it wid my soup..... tats btr than breadsticks , is'nt it ?
5. Have my bowl of fruit salad .... check !
6. Meditate and Appreciate myself for what i am doing .... still appreciating but not meditating

i ve been feeling light lately.... looks like the water thing is really working out for me.... thanks almeeker
Old 10-19-2010, 04:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I'm going to try and post something to motivate us daily on this thread. Here's is today's effort. Today I challenge all of you to drink your water early, and then try to get in 1-2 extra glasses. Baseline of 64oz, + 8oz for every 10lbs you want to lose. For me that's about 96 oz, I'm at 44oz for the morning and will try and get the remaining 52oz before dinner. Then for dinner I'm going to make myself a big glass of sweet tea and sip on it until bed time. On your mark, get set, GO!!!

I love the "deep clean" idea, although I'm going to have to do most of that tomorrow rather than spread it out over the whole week.
That's alot of water-96 oz level as well. Time to start keeping better track, pretty sure I'm not hitting that number. Thanks for the challenge
Old 10-19-2010, 09:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mambogirl81
Hi All, I missed jumping in yesterday because of a crazy day I had, but here are my goals for the rest of the week. Kinda glad I missed almeekers water challenge
What are you? Chicken?

Originally Posted by gmantych
Good evening ladies. I made all of my goals yesterday plus almeekers water challenge. I have not made any of my goals today though. I stayed home from work sick so I was in the bed until around 2pm. I finally got up and feel a little better. I will be back up in the morning ready to continue on! I missed todays challenge but will accept the challenge for an extra 10 minutes of exercise tomorrow!
gmantych, so sorry to hear you're under the weather, hope you feel better today.

Originally Posted by susanbfit
I did resist eating donuts all day at work (someone had brought in a box full of bakery ones and everytime I walked past the breakroom (which is often on my way to the other side of the building I could see them in there). I ate grapefruit instead. Yeah me. heh. I still have to stretch, but I'm off to do that for 10 minutes as soon as I get done typing this. Didnt get in all my 'extra' water, but I'm still way up there.

Having a hard time finding time to post, but it looks like everyone has had good successes today. Lifestyle changes, one day at a time!
Great job on resisting the donuts!!! Is the person who brought them in also skinny? I used to hate that most of all. When I worked full time in cooperate America, it seemed like we had donuts every other day in the break room, brought in by a skinny junk-food-aholic.

I'm loving that you're doing my silly challenges everyday, I only meant for them to be a day of practicing it, but more power to you sister. I'm going to struggle with today's challenge, because little DD got me up at 3:55am with a bed wetting incident. Okay, the bed was beyond "wet" and well into "flooded", but still I'm up and if I go back to sleep now, I won't get my workout done this morning, let alone an extra 10 minutes.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:13 PM
FitDay Member

Goals for Wednesday:

1. Keep calories to 1,500. 1,850 oy!, 1,675
2. Exercise, 60 min elliptical, 15 stretching, 15 shoulder rehab. yes-yes-yes, yes-yes-no
3. Drink 96 oz of water. yes + 44, yes +16
4. Finish up a couple of Halloween costumes for the kids. Still working on them, no
5. Clean the kitchen Nope, 1/2 way
6. Plan and pack some foods to take to the hospital so I don't end up eating junk from the vending machines. Did some, will do more today, done
7. Plan some crock pot meals and some casseroles to leave for the kids and in-laws to eat. Not yet, still working on it, I'll be whipping up beef stew tomorrow morning

Today's challenge: add an extra 10 minutes to your exercise routine. It could be anything, and you don't have to do it at the end of your exercise, just when you can fit it in. I may or may not be on-line the next 2-3 days, DH is having surgery, so here are some challenges for Th & F.

Thursday: Put a new exercise in your workout, maybe one you've never tried before. I'm thinking side planks with a hand weight, 10 on each side for me.

Friday: Plan a low cal dinner and stick with it (even if you go out to eat, no make that especially if you go out to eat), which for most of us means "NO DRINKING"!!! This is going to be really hard for me, cause my MIL is coming tonight and will possibly still be at our house Friday night and I'm pretty certain that I'll be craving a little (or a lot) of alcohol.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-19-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning! I got up this morning and worked out but I really wasn't in to it. I still feel like the dirt beneath my feet! But I had to come to work because my DH's uncle passed away yesterday and I will be going to the funeral so I dont like missing so much work.

I am glad of almeekers exercise challenge today. It will make me go home and workout again tonight.

Almeeker-I am not sure you will see this anytime soon. But I am thinking of you and wishing your DH a speedy recovery! Stay calm and stress free even with your IL's in town!

Does anyone watch the Biggest Loser? I do and wonder how these people loose so much weight in a week. Is it for real and how can that be healthy? My DH said he could design an exercise program for me to work out several hours a day. All I could do was laugh at him, because the only exercise he gets other than at work is hand to mouth!!!

Here are my goals today!

Calories-1600
Water-128 oz
Exercise-45 minutes+10
Get caught up with laundry-OMG it is so behind!!(almost there)

Susan-I was thinking this morning about how I HAD to clean my closet next week!!! ugh
Old 10-20-2010, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Goals for Wednesday:

1. Keep calories to 1,500. 1,850 oy!, 1,675
2. Exercise, 60 min elliptical, 15 stretching, 15 shoulder rehab. yes-yes-yes, yes-yes-no
3. Drink 96 oz of water. yes + 44, yes +16
4. Finish up a couple of Halloween costumes for the kids. Still working on them, no
5. Clean the kitchen Nope, 1/2 way
6. Plan and pack some foods to take to the hospital so I don't end up eating junk from the vending machines. Did some, will do more today, done
7. Plan some crock pot meals and some casseroles to leave for the kids and in-laws to eat. Not yet, still working on it, I'll be whipping up beef stew tomorrow morning

Today's challenge: add an extra 10 minutes to your exercise routine. It could be anything, and you don't have to do it at the end of your exercise, just when you can fit it in. I may or may not be on-line the next 2-3 days, DH is having surgery, so here are some challenges for Th & F.

Thursday: Put a new exercise in your workout, maybe one you've never tried before. I'm thinking side planks with a hand weight, 10 on each side for me.

Friday: Plan a low cal dinner and stick with it (even if you go out to eat, no make that especially if you go out to eat), which for most of us means "NO DRINKING"!!! This is going to be really hard for me, cause my MIL is coming tonight and will possibly still be at our house Friday night and I'm pretty certain that I'll be craving a little (or a lot) of alcohol.
Almeeker,
Sending good thoughts your way for your husbands doctor's visit and surgery. Thank you for thinking of us and helping us challenge ourselves to something more
Old 10-20-2010, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

I'm so thankful to have found this site and forum. I just started on my weightloss journey (again) this week. Every time I have tried to loose in the past I had slowly fell off the wagon and get back on bad eating habits and no exercise. I'm so tired of it. I'm tired of the heavy breathing when I walk, all my bulges sticking out through my shirts and just not feeling good about myself. Especially since I have Type2 Diabetes and high blood pressure.
Each new year I vow to loose the weight but I don't. So now I have been praying and made the decision that I've got to do this for me and for me to live to see my grand children.
I am 44 years old, 4'11 and 182lbs. Since I'm so short that is way to much weight to carry. I'm starting my goals out slow. Since Tuesday, when I wake my youngest daughter up for school, I exercise on the Elliptical, do some free weights and situps until she has showered and gotten dressed. It may take about 15-20 mins for her to be done but least I have done some type of exercise. This is a milestone for me since I hardly ever done any exercising so I'm really proud of myself . This site is so inspirational to me and it gives me hope that I will do it this time.

Goals for this week: Exercise least 15mins a day.
Eat smaller portions.
Eat 3 small meals a day.
Watch my calories
Old 10-20-2010, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gmantych
Good morning! I got up this morning and worked out but I really wasn't in to it. I still feel like the dirt beneath my feet! But I had to come to work because my DH's uncle passed away yesterday and I will be going to the funeral so I dont like missing so much work.

I am glad of almeekers exercise challenge today. It will make me go home and workout again tonight.

Almeeker-I am not sure you will see this anytime soon. But I am thinking of you and wishing your DH a speedy recovery! Stay calm and stress free even with your IL's in town!

Does anyone watch the Biggest Loser? I do and wonder how these people loose so much weight in a week. Is it for real and how can that be healthy? My DH said he could design an exercise program for me to work out several hours a day. All I could do was laugh at him, because the only exercise he gets other than at work is hand to mouth!!!

Here are my goals today!

Calories-1600
Water-128 oz
Exercise-45 minutes+10
Get caught up with laundry-OMG it is so behind!!(almost there)

Susan-I was thinking this morning about how I HAD to clean my closet next week!!! ugh
I'm chuckling about the closet... it was a mess.. I just pulled everything out and started from scratch. I ended up with four boxes of stuff that needed sorting and that was the worse part. One box was old pictures and such and I just put it back. I figure its sorted in its own way..hehe. Good luck with yours!

As far as the Biggest Loser I have read that its because they eat very high protein, very low calorie AND low sodium. If you ate less than 1000 calories a day, made all your food from scratch (no premade food) and added absolutely no salt, and exercised 4 hours a day, I guarantee you will lose at least 10 pounds. I have done it on the six week body make over, which calls for much of the same (minus the four hour workout). Actually I largely attribute the 90 lbs I lost in 2006/7 to a years worth of 6wbmo, but I couldnt stick with the eating plan. I have found counting calories, eating more of what I li ke, and trying to stay high protein, to be more long term lifestyle changing. But I think we all have to find what works for us. My biggest issue - getting my head around focusing what I really want in life. Which really isnt about food - To 'Live what you believe.' That is what I keep telling myself anyway.

Congrts on exercising even when you didnt want too... BIDIA.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Darlean
You are all doing so well. I am so inspired. How can I not join right along and be a success myself? This is so much help. Thank you so much!
susanbfit, work temptations can be so very hard. You should be proud and give yourself a big hug for staying away from the snacks there.
Here's to a super successful tomorrow as well.
Thank you darlene,
You are awesome too and you can do it. Its about knowing what we want and not losing focus. Change is never easy but I think being healthy must be worth it. Have a great day!
Susan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.