Community
Notices

7 day motivational challenge

Old 10-14-2010, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gmantych
I think you did it the correct way Susan. Before you couldn't see the link so you would have to search the person and find their log. This makes it much easier for others to view. I looked at yours yesterday and I am amazed at how little you ate and were satisfied!
I looked and it made me hungry.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mambogirl81
Well, so far the week has been good on the water and exercise front, but not as hot on the" no eating after 8 p.m." rule and keeping under my calories. I have been close on both, but not quite there.
Tomorrow:
1. Keep drinking that water-want to eventually grow up to drink like almeeker at 96 oz. a day
2. Watch those calories! It's the late night eating that puts them on.
3.Clean my bathrooms!
4.Positive thinking...I CAN lose this weight!!!

Have a great day ladies, and thanks susanbfit for keeping us going.
hey , tats gr8 on ur front for "no eating after 8pm" .... how do u do tat i ve always had a hard time keeping tat up
Old 10-14-2010, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Darlean
Went over on calories yesterday. One drink of alcohol and I lose my motivation to try. "Evil" nachos will get me every time.
I have a way to make nachos that aren't quite so evil. Take 1 oz of tortilla chips, depending on the size of the chips it's somewhere between 7 and 15 chips, at about 140 calories. Then add 2 oz of meat, chicken or ground beef, for 50-100 calories. Then a little sprinkle of cheese, I use 1/2 oz reduced fat cheese, 40 calories and then 3-4 Tablespoons of salsa. Nuke it 20-30 seconds, then dump a bunch of chopped lettuce, maybe some onions, diced tomatoes, ff sour cream, avocado if you have it and chow down baby. If my calories are high for the day I skip the meat, and if my proteins are low I use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. I've also made "Mexican Pizza" by using "Healthy Style" tortillas and toasting them until they get a crunchy, with the same toppings. Super yummy and healthy and filling enough to use as a meal.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I looked and it made me hungry.
I am sorry that happened. oh dear. I thought by posting my log that I would eat a lot more healthy today, but a bad day is just a bad day. I moved the treats to the bottom of the page so they arent the first thing people see when they look at what I ate. Its still a good calorie day though. Amazing I was able to keep it under 1400. I'll try to post healthier stuff tomorrow
Old 10-14-2010, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

My food journal should be public now. I want to start cycling my carbs soon. Once I hit the weights again, I'll up my protein. Right now I'm fine with my carb intake because I'm focusing on running and I need my energy.

I ran outside and I did 5 miles!!! Yay! Haven't done that in a few years. I did a marathon 3 years ago and after running today, I have no idea how I ever pulled that off! I typically run farther outside but faster on my treadmill.

I'm almost done with my gallon and I ate 1,226 calories. I'm going to go brush my teeth now. Hope everyone had a great day today!!! Stay strong!
Old 10-14-2010, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by susanbfit
I am sorry that happened. oh dear. I thought by posting my log that I would eat a lot more healthy today, but a bad day is just a bad day. I moved the treats to the bottom of the page so they arent the first thing people see when they look at what I ate. Its still a good calorie day though. Amazing I was able to keep it under 1400. I'll try to post healthier stuff tomorrow
It made me hungry because it was such a short list and so few calories. And while I'm in awe of people that have that sort of self control, it's not feasible for me. I love to eat, and I'm so very good at it! I think that's why fitday has been so helpful to me, I can eat what I want (to a point) provided I'm willing to put in the workout to burn it. I dare say that if I made my food log public, you would be quite shocked.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
It made me hungry because it was such a short list and so few calories. And while I'm in awe of people that have that sort of self control, it's not feasible for me. I love to eat, and I'm so very good at it! I think that's why fitday has been so helpful to me, I can eat what I want (to a point) provided I'm willing to put in the workout to burn it. I dare say that if I made my food log public, you would be quite shocked.
I admire your ability to burn off what you eat. I wouldnt be fat if I had kept as active as I was before my son was born. I could eat anything and did. But I am proud of the progress I'm making, even if I dont always eat as healthy as I should.

Today I walked four miles again. My legs are getting strong, but I'm afraid its probably my last walk outside until spring. Its just too cold for me (about 28 degrees by the time I got home because the sun had set). Back to the treadmill till spring I think.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:20 PM
FitDay Member

i munched on sum potato snack out of stress , this evening ( probs at work...) but once i realized wat i was doing, i made a conscious effort 2 control it.... gobbled down some fruits n walked about 4 miles today.....

any advices on hw to control stress-eating ???
Old 10-14-2010, 10:40 PM
FitDay Member

Report card on the day:

1. Limit calories to 1,300-1,400, 1,475, 1769, 1833, 1,729 Ugh calories are sometimes biggest my enemy!
2. Put in 1 hour of cardio, 15 minutes shoulder rehab, 15 minutes stretching, yes-no-no, 1/2 yes-yes-yes, YES-YES-YES, YES-YES-no
3. Drink 96 oz of water, check, check, check, check
4. Spend a few minutes planning out a healthy dinner, 1/2 check, check, check, check
5. Walk the children up to school check, check, check, check
6. Clean this HOUSE with my headphones on "shake shake shake my booty 1/2 check the upstairs looks pretty good, the downstairs is still disasterland
7. Deal with all those garden veggies, I swear the porch looks like a farmer's market. 1/2 check, I got the sweet potatoes and the sweet peppers washed and put away, still have hot peppers, squash, pumpkins, lima beans and potatoes to deal with.

Goals for today

1. Limit calories to 1,400 or die trying
2. Today is my "off" day for exercise. Tomorrow I'll go to the gym
3. Drink 96 oz of water
4. Walk the children up to school
5. Make dinner in the crock pot, chuck roast mmmmm....
6. Clean the downstairs rooms in this messy house with my headphones on "shake shake shake my booty"
7. Take the kids out to the garden and bring in the pumpkin harvest.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-14-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pottersirus
any advices on hw to control stress-eating ???
Get rid of all the junky food in your house, just throw it out. I know it goes against the grain to waste food, but throwing out foods that are bad for you is not wasting food, it's investing in better health. The other thing you might want to do is plan for snacks. Snacking is fine so long as it's in your calorie budget. One thing I do to keep OOC (out of control) snacking to a minimum is to drink a big thing of water or tea before and between snacks. And when I say "big" I mean like 32 oz. When you're having a stressful day instead of feeding your stress, try taking a walk, hitting a punching bag, running on the treadmill, pop in a workout video, just get up and get moving and unravel that stress, channel that energy into something positive. No matter what is going on in my life, I feel much better after a run than I do after a carton of ice cream....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.