Community
Notices

7 day motivational challenge

Old 10-13-2010, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mambogirl81
1. Keep drinking that water-want to eventually grow up to drink like almeeker at 96 oz. a day
LOL, very funny. My secret is to drink 32 oz before I'm fully awake. Another trick I use is to reward myself with Diet Coke after I've finished drinking my water. Water all by itself doesn't interest me in the least, but that Diet Coke chaser, now there's a source of motivation....
Old 10-14-2010, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default A little slip-up

Went over on calories yesterday. One drink of alcohol and I lose my motivation to try. "Evil" nachos will get me every time. Today is a new day, and will be a more controlled day.
Everyone is staying so motivated here and I love that! I can see from you all that one slip doesn't ruin the whole day or the whole week or your whole life. You get up and keep going. Thank you so much!!!!

Yesterday's goals:
Calories at 1200 - 1750
96 oz. water - made it!
4 miles on treadmill - made it!
Visualize my "healthy" self as often as possible - should have remember this one at dinnertime
35 minutes weight lifting
Visualize my "healthy" self as often as possible
Old 10-14-2010, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Wow-This thread is so inspiring. I know we are half way in the week, but I want to join!

Susan-I saw that you came in yesterday around 1200 calories. What did you eat that made you full. I had 1700 yesterday and was so hungry last night!

Almeeker-That is funny about the water. I do the same as you. I fill up a 20 oz bottle of water at 5:30 in the morning and drink it throughout my workout and then fill it up again before leaving for work. So I have drank 40 oz by the time I get to work. The only bad thing is I constantly have to run to the bathroom. I was at the dentist yesterday for a little over an hour and had to go 3 times! Embarrassing!

Well I am going to start off with small goals.

Stay under 1700 calories
Drink 100 oz of water
Excercise 45 minutes
Old 10-14-2010, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Here are my goals for the week:

Run 3-4 days a week outside
Go to the gym for light cardio/weights/strenght training 2 days a week
Eat 1500 calories a day
Only one light snack after workouts...piece of fruit, cottage cheese, etc.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Hunny24
Here are my goals for the week:

Run 3-4 days a week outside
Go to the gym for light cardio/weights/strenght training 2 days a week
Eat 1500 calories a day
Only one light snack after workouts...piece of fruit, cottage cheese, etc.
Welcome Hunny24. And congrats on your 7 pound loss so far!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gmantych
Wow-This thread is so inspiring. I know we are half way in the week, but I want to join!

Susan-I saw that you came in yesterday around 1200 calories. What did you eat that made you full. I had 1700 yesterday and was so hungry last night!

Almeeker-That is funny about the water. I do the same as you. I fill up a 20 oz bottle of water at 5:30 in the morning and drink it throughout my workout and then fill it up again before leaving for work. So I have drank 40 oz by the time I get to work. The only bad thing is I constantly have to run to the bathroom. I was at the dentist yesterday for a little over an hour and had to go 3 times! Embarrassing!

Well I am going to start off with small goals.

Stay under 1700 calories
Drink 100 oz of water
Excercise 45 minutes
Glenda,
I'm eating pretty high protein each day, with lots of salad greens. The trick yesterday was I ate no 'refined' carbohydrates. No candy, bread, pasta, etc. They always make me feel hungrier. Just fresh fruit, fresh veggies, and meat. Opps, wait, I did have a bagel for breakfast. I usually just have egg whites with sour cream and real bacon bits. But I do think confining my carbs to breakfast helps. If I eat them as snacks I start to crave more.

I'm going to make my food log setting here in fitday public, which is kinda scarey because I know I dont always eat well and its hard to let people see what you eat but maybe it'll make me keep eating at least a little more healthier.

Other great ideas for filling up are those steam fresh vegetables in a bag that you can do in the microwave. I'll eat a whole bag of them sometimes and there is no room in your stomach after one of those!

That would be a great thread, or idea for this thread maybe, for everyone to post those things that make them fill full that are healthy and low in calories!

Have a great day everyone!
Susan

Last edited by susanbfit; 10-14-2010 at 03:48 AM. Reason: readability :)
Old 10-14-2010, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, I set my food log to public in order to help motivate me to eat well for the rest of the week. Only I cant tell if shows as public. Does anyone know how to tell if others can see you food log... do I have to cut and paste the link, or does it automatically show when you look at my profile? This will be interesting... somedays, even when I eat low calorie, I eat very poorly. For the rest of the week, I'm going to strive for healthy healthy healthy.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by susanbfit
Okay, I set my food log to public in order to help motivate me to eat well for the rest of the week. Only I cant tell if shows as public. Does anyone know how to tell if others can see you food log... do I have to cut and paste the link, or does it automatically show when you look at my profile? This will be interesting... somedays, even when I eat low calorie, I eat very poorly. For the rest of the week, I'm going to strive for healthy healthy healthy.
I'd like to make my food log public as well. More motivating to do even better. Does anyone know how to do that?
Old 10-14-2010, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by commit7780
I'd like to make my food log public as well. More motivating to do even better. Does anyone know how to do that?
Hi Commit:
I'm still not sure the easy or right way to do this, but what I ended up doing was going into the 'profile' tab, scroll to the bottom, click on link that says make my profile public, changed my settings to show my food log as 'public' and saved. The thing I dont know is how others actually 'see' my food log, so what I did was copy the link for my profiles food log page and added that link to my signature. See below. Now I know that someone can just click on it and see whether I'm doing good or not. I'm not sure its helping because today I'm off to a rough start..lol...but the idea behind it's cool so I'm going to keep trying this for the rest of the week!
Susan
Old 10-14-2010, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by susanbfit
Hi Commit:
I'm still not sure the easy or right way to do this, but what I ended up doing was going into the 'profile' tab, scroll to the bottom, click on link that says make my profile public, changed my settings to show my food log as 'public' and saved. The thing I dont know is how others actually 'see' my food log, so what I did was copy the link for my profiles food log page and added that link to my signature. See below. Now I know that someone can just click on it and see whether I'm doing good or not. I'm not sure its helping because today I'm off to a rough start..lol...but the idea behind it's cool so I'm going to keep trying this for the rest of the week!
Susan
I think you did it the correct way Susan. Before you couldn't see the link so you would have to search the person and find their log. This makes it much easier for others to view. I looked at yours yesterday and I am amazed at how little you ate and were satisfied!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.