Community
Notices

7 day motivational challenge

Old 10-17-2010, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Darlean
It's the middle of the weekend again and those usually get to me. Tried to stay busy in the yard, and that made hubby upset because I wasn't with him. Had a few cocktails to better deal with his attitude. Bad idea, I know, but at least I didn't start overeating about it. I wouldn't be goated into an argument either, so I feel like I am more in control. It's only going to get better.

Yesterday's goals:
Calories at 1200 - 1313
96 oz. water - only 48 oz.
35 minutes weight lifting - made it!
Visualize my "healthy" self as often as possible - didn't well at this at all
4 miles on treadmill
Visualize my "healthy" self as often as possible
Hi Darlean, weekends are harder for sure. Even though we have more time to workout, etc., we generally have more time to think about whats in the kitchen too.. hehe. At least for me. I thank you for your goal about visualizing yourself healthy as often as possible. I cant tell you how often I reminded myself of that yesterday as I fought the urge to just cave in. I didnt have a perfect day, but it was better than giving up. Have a great Sunday. You can do it. I can too
Old 10-17-2010, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default new 7-day thread starting today

Hi all
Thank you so much for posting throughout the week. It really did help me. I didnt have a perfect week, and I didnt even lose that much weight (too much salt two days in a row), but I definitely would not have made it as far as I did if I hadnt been coming here to post.

For right now, it does seem easier for me to commit to one week at a time. If I make it a monthly challenge, I'm afraid I will say to myself... "oh, I can fall off-program today and make it up tomorrow or the next day" and then pretty soon I'm going a whole week without posting or sticking to my goals.

So. I'd like to start a new 7 day thread and hope that all of you will join. Congratulations to all of you for your efforts toward fitness this week AND the inspiration!

This weeks goals: Begin date: Sunday 10/10/2010, 236.8 lbs
10/17/2010 weighin: 235.0
Eat less than 1500 calories/drink 80 ounces of water: 1564/88, 1674/80, 1412/80, 1229/80, 1276/80, 1451/80, 1596/100 Not perfect but not bad
Exercise 45 minutes: 75, 45, 45, 45, 75, 75, 90 I am way happy with my walking even when it was cooold.
Meditate/visualize on healthy living in am/pm: 2x, 2x, 2x+, 2x+, 2x+, 2x+, 2x+ Yes Darlean, visualize as often as possible not just 2 times!

Last edited by susanbfit; 10-17-2010 at 03:03 AM. Reason: posting my goals and successes in the thread
Old 10-17-2010, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Report card on M-Sat:

1. Limit calories to 1,300-1,400, 1,475, 1769, 1833, 1,729, 2,100, 1,874 Ugh calories are sometimes biggest my enemy!
2. Put in 1 hour of cardio, 15 minutes shoulder rehab, 15 minutes stretching, yes-no-no, 1/2 yes-yes-yes, YES-YES-YES, YES-YES-no, no-no-no, went to the gym on Sat.
3. Drink 96 oz of water, check, check, check, check, check, check
4. Spend a few minutes planning out a healthy dinner, 1/2 check, check, check, check, check, went out to dinner and ordered a salad - yeah me!
5. Walk the children up to school check, check, check, check, check
6. Clean this HOUSE with my headphones on "shake shake shake my booty 1/2 check the upstairs looks pretty good, the downstairs is still disasterland
7. Deal with all those garden veggies, I swear the porch looks like a farmer's market. 1/2 check, I got the sweet potatoes and the sweet peppers washed and put away, still have hot peppers, squash, pumpkins, lima beans and potatoes to deal with. Still have veggies to deal with, but got the pumpkins and squash all picked.
8. Working on Halloween costumes as soon as I log off.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies! Well I didnt do so well yesterday with my calories. I did good on the food but had a few too many beers. But I probably walked alot of that off yesterday. We had the cook out and I ended up with 3 11 year old girls and 3 four year old boys at my house. Four of the kids were not mine! So needless to say I was constantly running around doing something for them! We had a good time and seen some friends that we havent seen in a while.

I weighed this morning and I am down to 219.6. I think last Monday it was around 222 so I am happy.

I am off to clean my DH's grandmothers house today and then have come home and clean mine again because the kids destroyed it!

I will post my new goals for the week on the new thread. Looking forward to another great week!
Old 10-17-2010, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gmantych
Hey ladies! Well I didnt do so well yesterday with my calories. I did good on the food but had a few too many beers. But I probably walked alot of that off yesterday. We had the cook out and I ended up with 3 11 year old girls and 3 four year old boys at my house. Four of the kids were not mine! So needless to say I was constantly running around doing something for them! We had a good time and seen some friends that we havent seen in a while.

I weighed this morning and I am down to 219.6. I think last Monday it was around 222 so I am happy.

I am off to clean my DH's grandmothers house today and then have come home and clean mine again because the kids destroyed it!

I will post my new goals for the week on the new thread. Looking forward to another great week!
1.4 lbs in five days is good. I keep telling myself if I can do 1 a week I would be out of the obesity range by this time next year. Congrats of your successes so far Glenda.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:55 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down

hey

i ve nt posted my updates over the weekend .... i dint do as good as the weekday.... i kept my calorie under control but i did eat late night hours (SIN !)
n i did not do any workout too ..... but i went thru al ur post n i was really surprised n inspired hw everybody strived well over the weekend....
@ susanbfit..... i do hope u keep continuing this weekly reporting post this week.... i m totally ready to make another attempt ... n i wil do my best

@almeeker n susanbfit ..... thanks a ton for ur advice.... ur replies were really encouraging .... guess i don appreciate myself enuf for the efforts tat i take...

as for the weight , it has nt gone down a pound .... i wonder y... it has been happening lately..... evn aftr dieting n exercising properly , it does nt reduce evn a pound ... its kinda frustrating ..... but i ll make an attempt again this week.....
Old 10-18-2010, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pottersirus
hey

i ve nt posted my updates over the weekend .... i dint do as good as the weekday.... i kept my calorie under control but i did eat late night hours (SIN !)
n i did not do any workout too ..... but i went thru al ur post n i was really surprised n inspired hw everybody strived well over the weekend....
@ susanbfit..... i do hope u keep continuing this weekly reporting post this week.... i m totally ready to make another attempt ... n i wil do my best

@almeeker n susanbfit ..... thanks a ton for ur advice.... ur replies were really encouraging .... guess i don appreciate myself enuf for the efforts tat i take...

as for the weight , it has nt gone down a pound .... i wonder y... it has been happening lately..... evn aftr dieting n exercising properly , it does nt reduce evn a pound ... its kinda frustrating ..... but i ll make an attempt again this week.....
Pottersirus - you can do this. Come over to the new 7 day motivational thread, we start a new one each week.