Community
Notices

October Ovations: 100+ Ladies Club

Old 10-23-2010, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

I really don't know all the fine details of the diagnosis, but every time one of us said A-fib to him, the doctor corrected with A-tro Fib. I don't know if there is a difference between the two, but it seems the cardiologist has an opinion on it. Yes I agree, ablasion looked a darn sight easier on the body than getting a pace maker. He's still a little sore today, but seems to be taking it easy (up to a point). Tomorrow may be a different story... It looks like the wound has finally stopped oozing, fingers crossed here.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weekly Weigh/Fortnightly Measurements.

Down 4lbs this week, which takes me half way to my 30lbs for Christmas challenge.

Fortnightly Measurements/Inch Loss;
Bust; 48, 46.25 (-1.75)
Waist; 41.5, 40.25 (-1.25)
Natural Waist; 39, 39.5 (+0.5)
Love Handles; 47, 47 (0)
Hips; 45, 43.75 (-1.25)
Left Upper Arm; 15.75, 15 (-0.75)
Right Upper Arm; 14.75, 14.5 (-0.25)
Lower Arms (Both); 11, 10.5 (2x -0.5)
Left Thigh; 27.25, 27 (-0.25)
Right Thigh; 26.75, 27.25 (+0.5)
Left Calf; 18.5, 18 (-0.5)
Right Calf; 18, 17.75 (-0.25)
Neck; 14.25, 14 (-0.25)

So that's a 6.5 inch loss in 2 weeks. Not a huuuuge loss, but I have been hitting the weights a bit harder this fortnight, and it's better than an all over gain!!!
Old 10-23-2010, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

WTG Boo!

Almeeker - I believe they are one in the same but whatever its called, I am glad he got prompt attention and is doing well!
Old 10-23-2010, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
WTG Boo!

Almeeker - I believe they are one in the same but whatever its called, I am glad he got prompt attention and is doing well!
I thought they were one in the same too, but it might be one of those fine lines you have to be a cardiologist to worry about? You got me. All the same thank you for your kind words. My stress level is way down today. I knew going in that he needed this surgery, and I was in favor of the whole thing. But right before he went in to the operating room the doctor came in and said "you do know that there are risks, blah blah blah, and the chance of death is like 1 in 1,000". Again I knew this, but it gave me the shakes to have him say it. So I sat in there waiting and as long as I stayed busy, I was fine, but the minute I stopped to think about it, I got the shakes again. The most hilarious thing about it has been our 4 year old DD, she's been going around telling everyone that daddy had to get his broken heart fixed.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-23-2010 at 03:49 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker -- HUGS to you and hubby!

Just checking in. Having a rough week food wise, while I've eaten MUUUUCHHHH better than I had been this past year (pre-September), I still ate too many mindless carbs and DIDN'T Record in Fitday. BIamgoingtoDIA today even though I was off to a rough start. I want to record my cals no matter what -- not just when I am "good" so that I can get a picture of what my real food life looks like and when and where I go wrong (pretty easy, late at night, but . . .)

Got 25 individual portions of chicken in marinades of all sorts packed in ziplocks and in freezer today -- so that is 25 meals when I bake and chop on one of my famous salads. Need to pick up a new crock pot recipe and pack some easy one dish freezer meals.

Did make an AMAZING salad this week for friends. HAVE FOUND THE MOST INCREDIBLE cooker's helper. I may have mentioned it, but it bears mentioning again-especially if you like Thai green curry like me, but don't want the coconut fat content. It's College Inn Brand Coconut and Thai infused CHicken broth.

To make the salad, I poached some chicken in this broth and then let it sit in the broth as it cooled to really infuse the flavor.

I then took my fav ranch -- this is the only one that will do in my opinion -- Naturally Fresh Reduced Calorie Ranch. In produce section, has an orange label and I use it as a base for 99% of the dressings I make. It's light in fat without adding all the sugar that people somehow think makes lo-fat taste better. But anyway -- I mixed 1 part of the broth (cold, not heated) with 3 parts of the dressing (1/4 cup to 3/4 cup), added about one tablespoon of lemongrass "paste" (which is also found in the produce aisle under the herbs and is easier to find than real lemongrass), and a few tablespoons of chopped cilantro. That's the dressing. About 75 cals for two tablespoons and loads of flavor.

Then I mixed a salad of romaine, edamame, red pepper, cilantro, baby corn chopped in 1/2 inch pieces, blanched in the broth snowpeas and bok choy stems, water chestnuts. On the salad, I put in rows some of the chicken, a row of cashews, and a few rows of red pepper just to make serving it pretty. Dished it up and gave guests the option of those crispy rice noodles and their own dressing amounts -- but I kept it light for me.

People were raving. And it was SOOOOO GOOD and good for me. But it took a pretty long time to make. I wish I could clone myself to cook for myself all day long :-).

Just finished an hour walk with my dog. He's starting to get used to our much longer walks now (we've done about six in the past two weeks of at least 40 minutes). The first few (he's only 20 lbs) he would balk about 3/4 of the way through. Which makes me sad that I have let HIM get out of shape. Poor guy. But he's coming around. He's flat out on the living room floor now but seemed happy and perky the entire walk this time. And my legs and calves are singing (I really do believe that ShapeUps WORK).

I'm off to treat myself to a matinee now. Take care pretties. I'm holding my own in weight this week but expect to be back on the losing track in the next few days. I FEEL my body pinging with that energy you get when you work out.

Ang
Old 10-24-2010, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been on this forum for a while. I was down 25lbs but I've recently gained a couple of pounds back. I'm struggling, especially in the evenings, to keep within my calorie budget. I am starting again today to track everything so that I can attempt to get back on track. I was feeling great for a while. I went from a size 20 pant to 18. What a great feeling! I hate that after victory I still lose control and struggle so much to keep going. Will this ever become second nature? Why do we have to go through these ups and downs?
Old 10-24-2010, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

I don't have an easy answer for you Susan8Less. I too struggle with calories every day. I thought it would get easier when I weighed less, because my body would have less to move and therefor need/crave fewer calories. But I was completely off base with that one. I'm hungrier all the time, and I think it has to do with that whole "increased metabolism" thing. I do feel like I'm more efficient burning calories than I've been in a long time, but I'm hungry ALL THE TIME. It's totally goofy.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default uggh

Yesterday was bad, but sort of on purpose. I went to my removie's 4th birthday party yesterday (Removie = First cousin once removed. ), and there was nothing really good for me to eat there, so i let myself have a pre-diet day. While I enjoyed everything in the moment, boy did I pay for it later! My stomach still hurts from all the crap I ate. Luckily, I only drank water, so that made me feel a little better. And the cake was so good, and the food fantastic, but I won't be having it for a very long time. Do I regret eating what I did? No. But I don't know what to do in the future when it comes to having cake. How do you ladies respond to cake being served? What's your tactic?
Old 10-24-2010, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all, don't post much, but do stop in to read. I'm down 4 pounds this week. Still getting organized, but did well on breakfasts and lunches. Dinner is another matter. Mom has some eating issues (she forgets that she has just eaten and would eat 4 or 5 helpings of everything if I didn't stop her) so we have started filling plates at the counter and not bringing the rest of the food to the table. It does help keep me from taking "just one more spoonful."

I had a few hours to myself on Saturday, without mom, so I packed up the hounds and went to a state park for about hike. If nothing else, navigating rocks in the creek is pretty good for coordination and core balance! The leaves are almost at their peak and it was great weather. Then came home and worked in the yard for a couple of hours. Spent another couple of hours cutting and hauling branches away this afternoon.

Hugs to all of you!
Sharon
Old 10-25-2010, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Wow I cant believe October is almost gone. Christmas will be here before we know it.

I bought my first spagetti squash this weekend. I havent cooked it yet. For those of you that eat this, what is the best way to prepare it? Do you just use it with traditional spagetti sauce or do you eat it with something else? I plan to cook it this week. I would love it if I could get my kids to try it as well. DH has already said no way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.